Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

I hate websense. Why does it always block the innocent game review sites and leave me open to the temptations of Facebook and Soccernet.

<edit> Typo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

noodler wrote: »
    The magazine has made a qualification to that on their website

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=199997

Thats whys I like PSM3-fairly honest and they are right-it wouldn't be enough to taint your enjoyment.

Uh-huh.
    The scrabbling sound you can hear is furious back peddling.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Actually it is simply making sure that what they admitted with regards the PS3 version's visuals doesn't add fuel to stupid fanboy debates and add to the stupid idea that slightly rougher graphics make the game unplayable or some such nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Frankly people are splitting hairs here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Actually it is simply making sure that what they admitted with regards the PS3 version's visuals doesn't add fuel to stupid fanboy debates and add to the stupid idea that slightly rougher graphics make the game unplayable or some such nonsense.

Or as its normally called....the PC gamers opinion ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

DarkJager wrote: »
    Or as its normally called....the PC gamers opinion ;)

Zing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

For anyone interested, Fallout 3 is now available for pre-purchase on Steam as of this evening.. http://store.steampowered.com/news/1929/

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

On Steam, Fallout 3 costs US$60.49 incl tax (~€48). A tad steep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

can you preload on it on steam though?

as for the xbox360/pc decision. You could just hook up your wired 360 controller to your pc and play it that way aswell. Its game for windows so supports it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

surely a graphics card to do it justice on the pc would cost more than an xbox 360?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Helix wrote: »
    surely a graphics card to do it justice on the pc would cost more than an xbox 360?

SeantheMan, has both and was choosing which to buy for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

XBOX360 version has leaked to the P2p sites, who says piracy isn't rife on consoles these days, thats the second new release in a week pirated first on 360 (other being Far Cry 2).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Where can you get an xbox360 for €150? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    XBOX360 version has leaked to the P2p sites, who says piracy isn't rife on consoles these days, thats the second new release in a week pirated first on 360 (other being Far Cry 2).

It was leaked at least 2 weeks ago ;)

Nope, HD4850, amazing value in pc components these days, You could build a great gaming pc with monitor & all peripherals for €800, less than the cost of a good TV :D

Nope, HD4850, amazing value in pc components these days, You could build a great gaming pc with monitor & all peripherals for €800, less than the cost of a good TV :D

still only 30 quid less than a 360 tho

Moriarty wrote: »
    Where can you get an xbox360 for €150? :)

nowhere, but theyre only 170 in shops are they not?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

XBOX360 version has leaked to the P2p sites, (other being Far Cry 2).

Fallout 3 has been out for weeks, some people have completed it by now!
    who says piracy isn't rife on consoles these days,

No one! ALL the major releases have been leaked and are available, Fable2, Far Cry 2, Dead Space. :rolleyes:

I wanna pick up the Fallout collection. Can anyone give me a better price than 10.50 from playtrade delivered?

Also any probs running it on xp?

Im a PC tard so had to ask.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I wanna pick up the Fallout collection. Can anyone give me a better price than 10.50 from playtrade delivered?

Also any probs running it on xp?

Im a PC tard so had to ask.

www.gog.com for them as well, XP and Vista compatible, no DRM. about 4 euro each.

• Advertisement

Cool man thanks. May download the first one for a taste. I heard tactics is crap.

Whats the story with the downloadable games? Can u transfer them to another system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

is piracy rife on consoles, is it any harder than PC or is the only extra thing you have to do is burn the cracked disc

MooseJam wrote: »
    is piracy rife on consoles, is it any harder than PC or is the only extra thing you have to do is burn the cracked disc

You got to chip the console to allow you play the cracked disk whiuch costs little more than a new release game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Spear wrote: »
    www.gog.com for them as well, XP and Vista compatible, no DRM. about 4 euro each.

Oooh oooh oooh.

Great site there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Cool man thanks. May download the first one for a taste. I heard tactics is crap.

Whats the story with the downloadable games? Can u transfer them to another system?

Tactics had almost no story, just lots of combat.

They can be installed on any machine you like.

http://www.gog.com/en/about_us/#3

God. This is boring. Im only 5 minutes in but my god. Won't let me fight anything

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

I imagine the beginning of the game to be friendly to all people unaware of the Fallout universe, so I'd expect that kind of play for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

God. This is boring. Im only 5 minutes in but my god. Won't let me fight anything

aw bless. You'd think that after 5 minutes they should have handed every weapon and plotline to you on a plate....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

The eurogamer review is up at 4am. Fingers crossed!!*

*Though, in my gaming snobbery, I refuse to trust the opinion of anyone on thsi game who has not played the original and only refers to fallout3 as "oh, the oblivion with guns one?"

Noodler, its based on one of the great RPGs of all time, it was not always about beating things up, give it a chance!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

No RPG in the history of ever has given you everything from the start, the whole point is to start with nothing, ween you through a starter "dungeon" and let you take it from there.

Honestly, some kids have no patience these days.

Advertisement