Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paragliding

Options
  • 30-08-2007 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi everyone,

Just finished my paragliding training. I did it in Czech Republic because of the good weather and low price of the training and gear. Now I am back and air hungry :)
    Does any of you know some good paragliding spots in Ireland, especialy near Cork?
    Maybe you know any irish board about paragliding that I could search to find an answer for my question?

Cheers

Greg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

gines_ wrote:
    Hi everyone,

Just finished my paragliding training. I did it in Czech Republic because of the good weather and low price of the training and gear. Now I am back and air hungry :)
    Does any of you know some good paragliding spots in Ireland, especialy near Cork?
    Maybe you know any irish board about paragliding that I could search to find an answer for my question?

Cheers

Greg

Have you never been in contact with anybody involved in paragliding in Ireland before you went off and done training ?

Regarding sites down south, I have spotted guys using the dunes on the beach down at Glenbeigh, Kerry. Not great height but nice near the ground stuff.
    You could always find a ridge that gets hit by south westerlies and off you go.

Anyway here are websites:
    http://www.ihpa.ie/
    http://www.paraglideadventure.com/

You know you can source some of this stuff through Google ;)

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 45 gines_

Of course I know people doing paragliding in Ireland, otherwise I wouldnt take the training!

As for the internet search, I wanted some more than google has to offer :)

Thanks for your reply

gines_

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

You know that you probably taken up one of the most unsuitable forms of flying for our weather.
    Paragliding from my limited knowledge is great fun, but getting weather and time will be one of your biggest problems.

I am not allowed discuss …

Advertisement