Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

iPod dock/cradle

Options
  • 30-08-2007 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

Wasnt sure whether to put this in gadgets/portable media players or here so mods feel free to move.

I just got a new car and it has a 2.5 aux input (headphone size) in the glove box, at the moment i have my ipod just in the glove box running off batteries and plugged into it, but what i would ideally like is a cradle which plugs into the cigarette lighter (similar to mobile phone car kit) which i can mount somewhere that i can see the screen and have a remote beside the steering wheel. I searched ebay, but alot of them are cradles with fm modulators and such but no remote, can anyone recommend an ipod cradle for a car?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

I have a Dension mount in my car, have it years now so can't remember the web address, time for google??

Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

they look good alright (although probably pricey), but i cant see if you can just use a standard headphone type lead with them, looks like they all connect into the head unit

You're right, sorry, the one I have is a docking station really and is wired to the back of the head unit, you can control it from the steering wheel and it is charged too.

What car do you have? Some of the dealerships offer solutions for connecting iPods.

Richie.

its a ford mondeo, but its a company car so not sure how much i can do it, would prefer something i can just stick in myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

As far as I know, there's no combined product to do what you're asking, but you can get an active (Or powered) gooseneck cradle, and get the Griffin iRemote which allows you to have an infrared remote mounted on your steering wheel, and a little receiver on the iPod itself.

• Advertisement

yea, having a hard time finding one alright, found the gooseneck on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Griffin-TuneFlex-for-iPod-Flexible-Cradle-Charger_W0QQitemZ270152110711QQihZ017QQcategoryZ67832QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

think i might just get that, remote might not be necessary as ill still be able to reach the ipod easily enough

Belkin are another company that manufacture accessories.

Anything here of use? http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/irlstore.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=browse&mco=B8DCD77&node=home/ipod_accessories/car_audio

Richie.

saw the ones on the apple website alright, wasnt particularly impressed with any of them tbh, decided to go with the griffin tuneflex instead, if the gooseneck doesnt work out the way i want it, ill rewire it without the gooseneck and stick the cradle to the dash.

thanks for the help :)

Advertisement