Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TOC in Word

Options
  • 30-08-2007 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi there,

I am trying to put a word document together and as its quite large I had it in separtate files and then created a TOC for each and then copy and pasted these into a new file. It works great until I go to the print preview and the TOC tries to update and realises it isn't where it once was an says: "Error, bookmark not found!"

I know I really should have used a master document but I couldn't get my head round that.

I was just wondering if anyone has a solution. ie can you convert the TOC into plain text so that it wouldn't try and update and will just remain as text.

cheers gs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭theone

simple quick solution(probably not the best) paste it into notepad then paste it into word.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

you should go through the larger document you created and re-apply the sytle format to the headings.

this is on the format tool bar and usually just has "normal" in it. if you click the drop down you'll see "heading1", "heading2" and so on.

The TOC will pick up the text used with a "heading" style to create it's listing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 goreysquirrel

thanks theone, that seems to have done the trick and stopped me from pulling out my hair.

cheers gs

Advertisement