Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unlocking 3 phone

• 30-08-2007 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I did a search and couldn't find anything.
    I've just cancelled my account with 3 and wanted to go with a prepaid account with either Vodafone or O2. Now they tell me I have to pay them €25 for them to unlock my Nokia 6230. Is this legal?
    I've found 3 to be a truly appalling network since I signed up with them 2 years ago, and the idea of throwing more money at them sickens me.
    Do I have any other options, or do I have to pay the €25?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Ryaller wrote:
    Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I did a search and couldn't find anything.
    I've just cancelled my account with 3 and wanted to go with a prepaid account with either Vodafone or O2. Now they tell me I have to pay them €25 for them to unlock my Nokia 6230. Is this legal?
    I've found 3 to be a truly appalling network since I signed up with them 2 years ago, and the idea of throwing more money at them sickens me.
    Do I have any other options, or do I have to pay the €25?
    Thanks.

These is a sticky on this forum regarding unlocking, however 6230 isn't a 3G, do you mean a 6280 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

skearon wrote:
    These is a sticky on this forum regarding unlocking, however 6230 isn't a 3G, do you mean a 6280 ?

Yes, 6280! My bad. I'll post there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭lm7

I was same as you HATE 3. I had a 6680 could not get it unlocked for 2 years. shop at the top of camden st as you head in to town. its a big phone shop. they unlocked it for me. now i have a 6280 will go to them at the weekend let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

6280 can be unlocked if you get shop with right equipment
    HOWEVER!!!!
    thats a disgrace asking you for 25 euros to unlock it after being with them for 2 years!!!
    i dont think there is any way you will get a 6280 done for that much in an unlocking shop, but if you were with them 2 years, they should give the code
    were you on bill or pay as you go?

Advertisement