Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a bicycle ?

• 30-08-2007 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

just back for the physio with more efforts to see if I do or don't have arthritis .

She wants to cycle before next Tuesday , which would be fine but my bike was swiped from the back yard (as an aside some one also seems obsessed with ripping the felt off my shed )

So where would I get a cheap bike I guess ( well cheap is not a priority

Preferably one without the back / front suspension thing ( or am I crazy to imagine " spring type " " very big man" something has gotta give - I don't want to go into medical journal as man impaled on bike )

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

There's a sweet bike shop up the lane next to Bretts on John Street. Scanlons I believe it's called, my brain is suffering from forgetfulness :)

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

There's one on Maudlin Street as well (Wall's I think). I bought a second hand Raleigh there years ago and I still have it. I'd be inclined to recommend the other shop near Brett's though. Much nicer staff in there and they have a LOT of bikes in stock and are very knowledgable.

TBH, I wouldn't buy a very cheap bike. I made that mistake a few years ago and ended up having to go and get a better one eventually because the cheapie one was uncomfortable (no suspension y'see), the chain kept falling off, the gears were set up so that even in the highest gear I'd be pedalling like a mad yoke and even with a replacement saddle I was walking like John Wayne :D

Advertisement