Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mal Practice

mirwin wrote: »
    Tell me about it! Im in the same position as you. I have 7 passed also and awaiting re-check results for EU... fingers crossed!!! :confused:

Snap. My letter of acknowledgement said that the re-checks would be out the first week of July - isn't that this week? Have the other seven, just hoping against hope for a positive result on my re-check of the Equity paper. Thought I did great, but I failed it, most convincingly. Did anybody out there get the results of their re-checks today?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭brian__foley

Jev/N wrote: »

The latter is precisely the one I had in mind...thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Mar_10 wrote: »
    No there not doing them anymore. i was speaking to them and there not getting the numbers that they used to so they decided to stop it altogether. i signed up for Independent in the end.

I'm there too.

Doing Property and Equity. The joys .... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭blathblath

Hi there, anyone receive their results? Sitting at work daydreaming at the thought of knocking another one! Anyone else finding it impossible to start study until they have final notice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 John_2000

blathblath wrote: »
    Hi there, anyone receive their results? Sitting at work daydreaming at the thought of knocking another one! Anyone else finding it impossible to start study until they have final notice!!

No re-check results in my post this morning anyways. In reality it should be a 2 week process to recheck the paper especially considering the fee they charge, annoying me a lot at this stage. Passed the 3 i thought i failed and failed the one i thought i passed.... typical fe1s!

• Advertisement

John_2000 wrote: »
    No re-check results in my post this morning anyways. In reality it should be a 2 week process to recheck the paper especially considering the fee they charge, annoying me a lot at this stage. Passed the 3 i thought i failed and failed the one i thought i passed.... typical fe1s!

It is probably a long shot but when it comes to Fe1s who knows! Defo agree it is taking far too long....came up alot in a previous recheck so quite optimistic - bigger fool me probably! If there is one thing I have learnt to this point, it will ALWAYS be the one you reckon you have aced that lets you down, wish we could view papers it would really help this whole process!

re-check results out, no change in mine at 48. Does anyone ever actually get brought up over 50? Oh well, now to find the motivation to study for only one exam in October. Think i'll go mental!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 carojane

What subject did you get the re-check in am waiting for a recheck in constitutional but doubt I'll get an upgrade

carojane wrote: »
    What subject did you get the re-check in am waiting for a recheck in constitutional but doubt I'll get an upgrade

Property. Not looking forward to having to get stuck into it again. Best of luck!

John_2000 wrote: »
    re-check results out, no change in mine at 48. Does anyone ever actually get brought up over 50? Oh well, now to find the motivation to study for only one exam in October. Think i'll go mental!

Oh no are they all out? I got brought up before by 13%...... any positive results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 happy_man2010

Hi everyone. I am considering taking the Fe1 examinations this Sep/Oct 2010. Have I left myself enough time to give them a good shot? Thinking of taking 4 exams in total. Provisionally: Equity, Criminal, Property and Company. Any advice would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Hi everyone. I am considering taking the Fe1 examinations this Sep/Oct 2010. Have I left myself enough time to give them a good shot? Thinking of taking 4 exams in total. Provisionally: Equity, Criminal, Property and Company. Any advice would be appreciated.

I would say you're fine starting from now or a week or two down the road, particularly as you're taking what would be considered some of the "easier" subjects - and that is a wise thing as you need to be sure of getting 3+ passed in this sitting.

However, I would advise putting Contract in there, as the overlap with Equity is decent and thus, they complement each other. Property has a bit of an overlap as well so no harm with that being retained either. It's up to you which you swap Contract for, or if you do at all, but it would be a wise decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Amre17

Hi all,

Could someone please tell me what topics came up on last marchs company paper..

Thanks

Amre17 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Could someone please tell me what topics came up on last marchs company paper..

Thanks

Hey :
    Q.1 " Decisions of the members of a company may be taken either in general meeting or by written resolution or, informally, by operation of the principle in Re Duomatic Limited" - Discuss

Q.2 "Corporate contractual capacity can be classified under the headings of substantive objects, express powers and implied powers; everything else is ultra vires and void." - Discuss

Q.3 Problem Question on Examinership

Q.4 "Section 205 of the Companies Acts 1963 provides minority shareholders in an Irish company with a significant remedy where they are being oppressed or their interests are being disregarded. There are, however, a number of limitations on the availabilty of section 205 and on the remedies which it empowers the Court to grant." - Discuss limitations to section 205

Q5. Problems Question on the Disposition of Assets

Q6. Problem Q. on Directors

Q7. "Regulation 80 of Part I of Table A is the cornerstone of corporate governance in Irish companies" - Discuss

Q8. Problem Q. on Corporate Borrowing

Hope that is of some help

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Amre17

Thanks Blathblath.. much help!

One last question, is Q2 an ultra vires Q ya??

Thanks again..

Amre17 wrote: »
    Thanks Blathblath.. much help!

One last question, is Q2 an ultra vires Q ya??

Thanks again..

Yes ultra vires :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭32minutes

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/woman-found-guilty-of-internet-defamation-464719.html

online defamation case, might be a good name-dropper for tort

• Registered Users Posts: 40 happy_man2010

Jev/N wrote: »
    I would say you're fine starting from now or a week or two down the road, particularly as you're taking what would be considered some of the "easier" subjects - and that is a wise thing as you need to be sure of getting 3+ passed in this sitting.

However, I would advise putting Contract in there, as the overlap with Equity is decent and thus, they complement each other. Property has a bit of an overlap as well so no harm with that being retained either. It's up to you which you swap Contract for, or if you do at all, but it would be a wise decision.

Thanks very much for the assistance there. Now to try get some manuals somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ruby83

Starting to freak out slightly about constitutional. I seem to have difficulty identifying the topics in the past papers. Can someone please let me know the topics asked in the last sitting? Thanks so much! I recall this being asked already but I can't seem to find the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Amigone

Hi all,

I've Independent Colleges Constitutional manual (plus exam papers and reports) and EU manual (plus exam papers and reports AND GCD supplemental Lisbon manual/papers) for sale if anyone interested.

€100 including p&p!

PM if interested!

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

Amigone wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've Independent Colleges Constitutional manual (plus exam papers and reports) and EU manual (plus exam papers and reports AND GCD supplemental Lisbon manual/papers) for sale if anyone interested.

€100 including p&p!

PM if interested!

Cheers.

Come on, you have posted here a bit you should know this is not the right thread for this.

Come on, you have posted here a bit you should know this is not the right thread for this.

On the contrary, having posted here 'a bit' I've managed to buy/sell manuals from/to other FE1 sitters frequently. Where else could I pass on my notes from exams just sat but to people who post here looking for advice/assistance, and availed of the same myself.

But thanks for your input.

On the contrary, having posted here 'a bit' I've managed to buy/sell manuals from/to other FE1 sitters frequently. Where else could I pass on my notes from exams just sat but to people who post here looking for advice/assistance, and availed of the same myself.

But thanks for your input.

How about here - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055100192&page=19

when i was checking out this discussion regularly this is where i bought my manuals and sold on.

Thanks for the direction Arsenal but that must be a new thread.

To any actually interested, I have Const and EU manuals. See previous post.

Cheers.

No problemo!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shaneybaby

Thanks for the direction Arsenal but that must be a new thread.
    it's actually older than this one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

Hi guys, I really need some motivation!! I'm absolutely panicking that I haven't left myself enough time- I've started the griffith course online, but I haven't really started making out notes yet. I just need some motivation from people who have done it in a shorter amount of time and passed them. I'm finding it so hard to not feel overwhelmed by the amount of work required.:(

Any motiviational speeches are mucho appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭law86

How many are you taking ananas? It's doable, but buckle down straight away and try to catch up on the six or seven weeks you have missed over the next maybe three weeks ie double the workload, then you can slow into the pace that the lectures are going at. That's my plan for the five I'm taking, I missed a few weeks (weeks three to six) due to work and other commitments so I'm kind of on the same page as you. I'm hopeful for us both! Good luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

law86 wrote: »
    How many are you taking ananas? It's doable, but buckle down straight away and try to catch up on the six or seven weeks you have missed over the next maybe three weeks ie double the workload, then you can slow into the pace that the lectures are going at? That's my plan for the five I'm taking, I missed a few weeks (weeks three to six) due to work and other commitments so I'm kind of on the same page as you. I'm hopeful for us both! Good luck.

I'm thinking of doing 5 Property, Equity, EU, Contract and Criminal. I'm in exactly the same boat re work commitments and other things kept cropping up. Are you just watching the videos or are you making out notes at the same time? I'm only doing the online course for Property and EU but I keep thinking of everything I have to do instead of just concentrating on one at a time. What ones are you thinking of doing?

Oh and yay for 100th post! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭law86

Hi ananas, I'm doing EU, Constitutional, Equity, Contract and Tort. Making out notes for the ones which aren't fresh in my head, fine-tuning notes from the ones I just took in my final year of the LLB. Tis a mahoooosive pain in the bum, but I'm convinced that they are doable if you can organise your mind and your notes properly (this is as much a motivational speech to myself as it is to you!).

Couple of standard pieces of advice I keep in my head and that I'm sure you've heard a thousand times:

Have a very broad, but not necessarily a deep knowledge of the subjects.

Don't think about the enormity of it, think of it as a series of building blocks, chapter by chapter.

Avail of the homework option with whichever college you are using, you don't have to submit on the week that it is set and the feedback is brilliant.

Eleven weeks to go, chopchop. Less chitchat, more vroomvroom as a French chef I used to work with was fond of saying (very entertaining in a french accent with accompanying hand gestures).

Like I say this is a speech to myself as well as to you.
    Very best of luck to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement