Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jamk

I am planning on doing the following in tort, its my first time sitting these exams tho so I dont know how good my advice is!!

- Negligence Principles 1 and 2 as in Duty of care, standard of care, causation, Res Ispa Loquitor
    - Defective Product Act 1991 including manufacturers of goods, suppliers of services
    - Nervous Shock and Pure Economic Loss
    - Employers Liability and Breach of Statutory Duty
    - Vicarious Liability
    - Occupiers Liability
    - Trespass
    - Nuisance and Rylands
    - Defamation

I am worried about defamation however because of new Act! What are you doing??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

youngmoney wrote: »
    anyone no whether its acceptable to have markers placed on ur blackstones, i.e the little coloured strips sticking out on pages of certain articles to save time scramblin thru the book during the exam? thanks!

Yeah its ok. Just make sure you dont have any writting on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 youngmoney

Hogzy wrote: »
    Yeah its ok. Just make sure you dont have any writting on them.

thanks, hopefully it wont come 2 me writing out reams of articles strait frm the blackstones. but seeing as every one hour ec lec takes me 3 hours at least ta stop start it,write it, and evn then duno if im evn learnin it...cud wel be a reality!! sucha ridiculous subject...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

law_lady wrote: »

What I'm confused about is stuff like Tenure, Equity and the Doctrine of Notice, Types of Estate, Rule on Remoteness. Are these chapters completely irrelevant now?? What is and what isn't abolished?!

So far I've studied:
    • Succession Law
    • Adverse Possession
    • Family Property
    • Covenants
    • Easements
    • Landlord and Tenant Law
    • Licences
    • Co-ownership
    How does this compare with your choice of topics?

Thanks.:o

Thanks for the link law lady.

In relation to tenure etc, its still included in the syllabus thats on the law soc website so im not sure!

If it makes you feel any better im only starting to study this week for my 4 topics.

So far ive chosen mortgages, family property, adverse possession, succession, settled land and easements. I will need to do more of course.

A friend of mine suggested that he left out landlord and tenant law because it was so big and covered 3 smaller topics instead of it! probably not the safest idea but its an idea none the less.

Also he mentioned that succession is a huge part of the paper! Id like to get my hands on the exam grid just so i can get a feel for the course because its all over my head at the moment!

thanks, hopefully it wont come 2 me writing out reams of articles strait frm the blackstones. but seeing as every one hour ec lec takes me 3 hours at least ta stop start it,write it, and evn then duno if im evn learnin it...cud wel be a reality!! sucha ridiculous subject...

ha, takes me the EXACT same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

One quick point: EC doesn't exist anymore after Lisbon, it's only EU now so avoid mentioning that in the exam ;)

Jev/N wrote: »
    One quick point: EC doesn't exist anymore after Lisbon, it's only EU now so avoid mentioning that in the exam ;)

Unless your referring to past cases where the old articles will be xxxEC

• Registered Users Posts: 4 zoezie

hey does anyone have the griffith/independent colleges manuals for sale for EU and property law from March of this year? really need to start studying soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Hogzy wrote: »
    Unless your referring to past cases where the old articles will be xxxEC

Ah yeah, I meant in terms of 'EU Law' as opposed to 'EC Law' and referring to the 'EU' rather than the 'EC' as the overall entity

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭law_lady

king-stew wrote: »
    Also he mentioned that succession is a huge part of the paper! Id like to get my hands on the exam grid just so i can get a feel for the course because its all over my head at the moment!

Succession can be 2 full Qs sometimes! Madness because for me its the nicest topic really! I'll PM you tomorrow re: exam grid, I may not have all you're looking for but I may have something of use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

how com So manie future lawyers ca'nt seem to write OR spel so good?,

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

law_lady wrote: »
    Succession can be 2 full Qs sometimes! Madness because for me its the nicest topic really! I'll PM you tomorrow re: exam grid, I may not have all you're looking for but I may have something of use.

It is almost always 2 questions which is great really cause its straightforward enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭glengirlie

Anyone have any idea of what is needed to be known in relation to Habeas Corpus for Constitutional for the exam? Also judicial review. I did them in Admin Law in College but never touched them in Constitutional. Is it just the background and some general info?

Please help me

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

Habeas Corpus is pretty straightforward.

Open your Constitution under Article 40.4, and the procedure is very well set out.

What I did when i was covering this a few years back was to try and link each line of the Article with a corresponding case. In this context, I recommend Kevin Costello's (2006) The Law of Habeas Corpus in Ireland. It really is a great read, it's the size of a nutshells, and you'll get through it in 6 hours.

The above will certainly give you a comprehensive review of the area, and you'll recognise most of the cases from a due process point of view also...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Libb

Just wondering could anyone clarify the position of freehold covenants as a result of the 2009 Act? What are the main effects, apart from the replacing the rule in Tulk v Moxhay. What is it.s effect on succesors in title, etc

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 fifi8_4

Hi there,
    I'm doing four FE1's next sitting (Contract, Criminal, Property and Equity) and am trying to get my hands on an Equity manual if anyone could help that would be great! The most recent one would be best but I would also buy 2009 one.

Well let me know if anyone has one and good luck all with the studying!
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cd.galway

Just wondering what everyone is studying for Eu....
    I've done
    FMOG,
    FMOP-FOE-FTPS-Citizenship,
    Competition,
    Direct effect/Supremacy(think this will appear this time over DE) have to go over MS liab..
    Article 267
    Alright grasp of the institutions

The one's ive left...state liability, gender equality or even Art 106 what are ye thinkin or do you think I've enough done to get 5 questions??! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RogerF

Hi Anyone know where to get a good Sample Answer or any answer on Charitable Trusts. It's very annoying. How does one answer a question on it without citing the Charitable trusts act 2009 and outlining a case or two in which a similar charitable trust has arose.

Any advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ruby83

cd.galway wrote: »
    Just wondering what everyone is studying for Eu....
    I've done
    FMOG,
    FMOP-FOE-FTPS-Citizenship,
    Competition,
    Direct effect/Supremacy(think this will appear this time over DE) have to go over MS liab..
    Article 267
    Alright grasp of the institutions

The one's ive left...state liability, gender equality or even Art 106 what are ye thinkin or do you think I've enough done to get 5 questions??! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

You should also do Sources of EU Law. This comes up every year, very often as question 2 and covers mainly fundamental rights and competence.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭coco13

Guys just starting Company Law so could someone please tell me if the 2008 version of the Companies Acts will do or has there been substantial amendments in the past two years??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ruby83

coco13 wrote: »
    Guys just starting Company Law so could someone please tell me if the 2008 version of the Companies Acts will do or has there been substantial amendments in the past two years??:confused:

I've done most of company (have winding up and disposition of company assets left) and so far I haven't come across many (if any) references to 2009 amendment act. It might be a good idea to just download that and see if anything strikes u as being relevant but I'd say from what I've done so far, you'll be fine with 2008 companies act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Deecon

Looking for equity manual-Griffith/indep if anyonehas it... also have contract and property manuals if anyone interested incl exampapers.....

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭tombren

Hi All,

Struggling with constitution and wondering has anyone any sample answers for subject?

Awaiting your reply,

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cd.galway

Ruby83 wrote: »
    You should also do Sources of EU Law. This comes up every year, very often as question 2 and covers mainly fundamental rights and competence.

Yeah just had a look through papers there and sources comes up quiet a bit...might have look over it so!!! Might have a look at gender equality too... Another day at EU so and I was ready to shut the book on it til week or two before...grr!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 tweedledee!

Looking for the Equity exam paper from Oct 2008 as I have sample answers for it but no questions if anyone has a copy of it? I have sample answers in Criminal, Company, Contract and other Equity notes to swap for it. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭coco13

Ruby83 wrote: »
    I've done most of company (have winding up and disposition of company assets left) and so far I haven't come across many (if any) references to 2009 amendment act. It might be a good idea to just download that and see if anything strikes u as being relevant but I'd say from what I've done so far, you'll be fine with 2008 companies act.

Cheers

Looking for the Equity exam paper from Oct 2008 as I have sample answers for it but no questions if anyone has a copy of it? I have sample answers in Criminal, Company, Contract and other Equity notes to swap for it. Thanks :)

I think I have that exam paper will try send it to you over the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭law_lady

Sent you on the October 2008 Equity paper in two PMs there!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Orla FitzP

what r people focusing om for Equity, out of my four im studying that is the one iv most neglected???

• Advertisement

Looking to buy equity recent manual-willing to buy copy as really need one!!
    Contact me if u have one.

thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement