Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭blathblath

Hogzy wrote: »
    I just searched through the pages of this thread. Seems to be the end of November that the results are released. First post last year was on the 30/11/2010

I wish they would just tell us! The whole year is taking up worrying and studying grrrr!!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭brian__foley

I just searched through the pages of this thread. Seems to be the end of November that the results are released. First post last year was on the 30/11/2010

It has been earlier some years and I think last year was particularly late.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

It has been earlier some years and I think last year was particularly late.

That is good to know Brian, the wait is fairly agonising :D Lord knows what takes them so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Sarahaw

Hi guys

I'm posting an advertisement in this thread, which is against the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Paul1979

Sarahaw wrote: »
    Hi guys

Ive got 3 Independent colleges manuals for sale. They're brand new, 2 days old and completely unmarked.

Due to a change in personal circumstances I won't be sitting the exams in March 2011 so thats why im selling them.

If you're interested PM me. I can send pics of them, they're €190 a piece (thats €205 less than getting these at the course)

your right to drop out of the exams, u will never pass them because U CANT ****ING READ!!!

• Advertisement

Paul I have no idea what you're refering to so feel free to enlighten me.

{SNIP}

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

Sarah,

Paul is referring to the title of this thread..

"FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)"

Thank you Kylie, and may I apologise to the other users of this thread. It was my mistake to post the ad.

As for you Paul1979, despite your claim that I can't read, I somehow managed to plunder my way through Alexander Popes "An Essay on Criticism" many moons ago. You could learn alot from it. - "To err is human, to forgive is divine".

(DISCLAIMER: before Paul1979 jumps on his high horse again I would just like to say that the above comments are not intended to be interpreted as an Advertisement for any literature by Alexander Pope.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Liverpoollad

Sarahaw wrote: »
    Hi guys

Ive got 3 Independent colleges manuals for sale. They're brand new, 2 days old and completely unmarked.

Due to a change in personal circumstances I won't be sitting the exams in March 2011 so thats why im selling them.

If you're interested PM me. I can send pics of them, they're €190 a piece (thats €205 less than getting these at the course)

190 euro? For a manual. You say that's 205 euro less as if it's a good deal. Are you willing to provide the lectures, exam grids, sample answers, homework questions, corrected homework?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 furtado

Just wondering if anyone has a recent EU griffith or independant colleges manual to sell?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Just a quick suggestion.

Is it possible that the Moderator/Admin people for this thread can delete the irrelevant posts. NOTE : I'm not suggesting to delete the historic discussions on legislation, case law, articles etc. because clearly this can still be valuable, but rather, all the irrelevant stuff and repetitious posts could be deleted. I found on a few occasions where I wanted to review the entire thread, it was almost impossible due to the overwhelming size of it, and I noticed at least half of the posts could be removed.

Recent discussions on the selling of Manuals, as entertaining as it is now, will soon be 10 + pages back and still clogging up the Thread. Once this is done once, it would be possible to stay on top of things relatively easily.

I'm not sure if this is actually possible, but I expect that the Admins if they are still about (which it seems from the recently updated thread title) are, could do this quite easily.

Spoke to the Law Society this morning trying to get an idea as to when the dreaded results are out, got a very clarifying response - NOT! 6-8 weeks from the date of the last exam, seriously is such secrecy necessary!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

blathblath wrote: »
    Spoke to the Law Society this morning trying to get an idea as to when the dreaded results are out, got a very clarifying response - NOT! 6-8 weeks from the date of the last exam, seriously is such secrecy necessary!!!!

By all accounts the number of candidates sitting this time was well down, therefore correcting the scripts should be a significantly smaller task, therfore the results should issue a bit early? I'm starting to get a bit antsy myself at this stage.

In relation to deleting posts, accidental ads appearing here rather than the trading thread etc - the OP can always go back in to the post and edit it down to nothing thereby removing the irrelevancy or offending content.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 darkangel1986

i have my eu law notes written since last year and was wondering what changes need to made since the lisbon treaty came in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

i have my eu law notes written since last year and was wondering what changes need to made since the lisbon treaty came in?

Every Article number has changed. There are huge changes to the various legislative procedures and the powers of the institutions particularly the parliament. There are very few changes to the various freedoms apart from changing the article numbers.

Every Article number has changed. There are huge changes to the various legislative procedures and the powers of the institutions particularly the parliament. There are very few changes to the various freedoms apart from changing the article numbers.

so what changes will i need to make to notes?
    many thanks

so what changes will i need to make to notes?
    many thanks

Get yourself a manual.

Get yourself a manual.

i already paid nearly 400e for a manual and as i have lost job i dont have the luxury of being able to pay for another one as i paid for 8. no offence intended was only asking for advice was not looking for a sarcastic reply

i already paid nearly 400e for a manual and as i have lost job i dont have the luxury of being able to pay for another one as i paid for 8. no offence intended was only asking for advice was not looking for a sarcastic reply

Sorry didnt mean to com eacross as sarcastic. It would be fairly hard to type out all the changes that Lisbon brought in. How old are your manuals? You can pick up second hand ones on this forum for around €30-50 which is a hell of a lot cheaper than 400 :D

Sorry didnt mean to com eacross as sarcastic. It would be fairly hard to type out all the changes that Lisbon brought in. How old are your manuals? You can pick up second hand ones on this forum for around €30-50 which is a hell of a lot cheaper than 400 :D

have one from summer 2009?
    ya hopefully i can pick one up second hand :)

• Advertisement

have one from summer 2009?
    ya hopefully i can pick one up second hand :)

lol that was the last issue before the change. There should be a few available on the sales forum.

lol that was the last issue before the change. There should be a few available on the sales forum.

Going by the farts and grunts from the bould Angela Merkel today and in the past few days, it seems that Lisbon won't be around for too long without big changes. Maybe they'll call the next one the Seoul treaty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mariaod

when are people starting to study for the march exams??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Apologies for the lack of moderation in this thread. I've been on Circuit the past 2 weeks and not had a lot of time.

That said, there is a certain element of peer-policing that can work in this thread. If someone breaches the rules in any way, use the report post button: report.gif
    This is located to the left of the post and under the user's name.

This alerts all mods immediately to their email and we can quickly deal with the issues.

Sarahaw gets some time off. This forum is a great resource and can benefit everyone if used correctly. Hopefully s/he can realise that in the next 3 days and come back to be a contributing member.

Just a quick suggestion.

Is it possible that the Moderator/Admin people for this thread can delete the irrelevant posts. NOTE : I'm not suggesting to delete the historic discussions on legislation, case law, articles etc. because clearly this can still be valuable, but rather, all the irrelevant stuff and repetitious posts could be deleted. I found on a few occasions where I wanted to review the entire thread, it was almost impossible due to the overwhelming size of it, and I noticed at least half of the posts could be removed.

Recent discussions on the selling of Manuals, as entertaining as it is now, will soon be 10 + pages back and still clogging up the Thread. Once this is done once, it would be possible to stay on top of things relatively easily.

I'm not sure if this is actually possible, but I expect that the Admins if they are still about (which it seems from the recently updated thread title) are, could do this quite easily.

This is a good idea, and I'll start working on this ASAP.

I have somehow convinced myself that the results are out today! No doubt I have spent the weekend worrying for nadda!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭brehayes

it's really annoying! The last exam was Wed October 6th and six weeks from that date would be Wednesday Nov 17th (this week). But when I emailed them last week, they said it would be the last week of November or the first week in December (10-11 weeks)... le sigh!

brehayes wrote: »
    it's really annoying! The last exam was Wed October 6th and six weeks from that date would be Wednesday Nov 17th (this week). But when I emailed them last week, they said it would be the last week of November or the first week in December (10-11 weeks)... le sigh!

Ugh! Conflicting answers so as I was told it probably would be within the 6 weeks! So annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭brian__foley

Just on results and re-checks etc, a lot of people each time around ask about the worth of a re-check. If you look around this thread and if you look around the fe1 study group on google groups, you might find some anecdotal evidence of people (a) coming up considerably and (b) not coming up at all. In any event, just to let you know that all the anecdotal evidence is out there to help you make a decision on the re-check point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭CFOLEY85

Hi all.

Does anyone know how much a copy of EU Black stones Legislation cost? Apart from this, is there any other legislation or documents permitted in the exam?

Would the Black stones be much the same as the Irish constitution which is permitted in the Constitution exam, in that it contains all the articles of the all treaties?

• Advertisement

Blackstones costs about 22 Euros. It is allowed in just like the Constitution but you need to be familiar with it, it's a big book with over 650 pages. You are allowed to highlight and underline things, but not to write anything. Make sure you buy the very latest one you can.

JC

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement