Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

AnnAh1986 wrote: »
    I contacted them and they said they will be posted tomorrow and Monday!

Thanks for letting us know:D A great couple of fretful days to look forward to;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭blathblath

colonel1 wrote: »
    Thanks for letting us know:D A great couple of fretful days to look forward to;)

Oh lord! The sickly feeling just returned.....please let them have been marked fairly and that the 30% pass rate in company improves - puke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mariaod

does anyone know what the Dublin venue is for the exams in march??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

mariaod wrote: »

If you meant to say "Where" instead of "What" then its in the RDS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭CFOLEY85

mariaod wrote: »

Its usually the RDS cant imagine it changing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭32minutes

Hogzy wrote: »
    If you meant to say "Where" instead of "What" then its in the RDS.

bit harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭to99

I've been interning in a firm for 3 months now and they are great in that they give me a lot to do and its never dull or boring but I literally can not get over how the FE 1's appear to have very little to do with the actual work of a solicitor.

I was preparing a brief on a relatively straight forward p.i case and yet if I was to go by the tort book and one of the foremost authorities (who incidentally gave their opinion on this case) there would be no case at all - floodgates, Mc Loughlin v O'Brien, public policy etc etc.

The theory side that is tested in the Fe 1's is more akin to what barristers do i.e identifying the issues etc

When I started the solicitors were talking about affidavits, motions etc etc and Im looking at my books going wtf? I didn't even know what a brief was :o

Anyone have the same experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭brehayes

The very best of luck to everyone tomorrow. I think we probably all have the queazy feeling at this minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

to99 i've had the very same experience! ive been volunteering in a firm since january and ive yet to use anything ive learned in college. The PPC is supposed to be very practical though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

brehayes wrote: »
    The very best of luck to everyone tomorrow. I think we probably all have the queazy feeling at this minute!

Im quenching it with a few beers. Otherwise ill never sleep.

I think i just became an alcoholic by definition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Good luck everyone, I'll have my fingers crossed for you all! :D

My Post has come and no results WTF :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mirm

Oh my god, I'm just sick with worry!!!

mirm wrote: »
    Oh my god, I'm just sick with worry!!!
    You and I both! I had changed my address to the work address a month ago which they confirmed but no doubt they couldn't manage to follow through!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭tombren

Anyone in Dublin get post yet??

tombren wrote: »
    Anyone in Dublin get post yet??

Just rang the Law Soc.....straight to voicemail! Have they any idea what they are doing to us!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mirm

blathblath wrote: »
    Just rang the Law Soc.....straight to voicemail! Have they any idea what they are doing to us!!!!!

Oh my god they are the greatest shower of *************** ever! They have no idea how they are making us feel and they dont care!!

mirm wrote: »
    Oh my god they are the greatest shower of *************** ever! They have no idea how they are making us feel and they dont care!!
    Don't they realise that this is our LIFE/CAREER! I can't believe they would be so cruel! A simple answer - are they out or not! I have been sick all weekend thinking about opening that envelope!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I'm in work, my post doesn't arrive til lunch and there's no one there to pick it up! Now there's a chance it mightn't arrive at all- could this get any worse??

Of any of those who are missing results on the post this morning, are any of ye getting delivered to Dublin addresses? Just wondering whether the snow might have had an impact?

Jev/N wrote: »
    I'm in work, my post doesn't arrive til lunch and there's no one there to pick it up! Now there's a chance it mightn't arrive at all- could this get any worse??

Of any of those who are missing results on the post this morning, are any of ye getting delivered to Dublin addresses? Just wondering whether the snow might have had an impact?

Jev I am in Galway City and all other post posted on Friday has arrived! Wreck the heads.....surely if they told people they were posted Friday they should be here :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Smonkey

I'm in Dublin and no sign of the post yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mirwin

I'm in Limerick. Post has arrived and no results.....

mirwin wrote: »
    I'm in Limerick. Post has arrived and no results.....

Ok now I am raging! Can someone actually confirm that they were told they were out today! I cannot face another week of sickness!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Podge007

nobody actually got confirmation that they were to be posted today guys! it'll be this week sometime though, maybe posted today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 AnnAh1986

Ok now I am raging! Can someone actually confirm that they were told they were out today! I cannot face another week of sickness!

I was told they are posting them on Friday but it might be monday depending on how long it takes to package them. I cannot see why that would take longer than a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭page1

A poster was told they were being posted Fri and Mon (today), my post doesn't arrive for another hour or so, so still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭hession.law

although frustrating not unexpected! Ireland is the land of disorganisation incompetence and deceit after all. I'm in Limerick and got my A&L letter today as expected

AnnAh1986 wrote: »
    I was told they are posting them on Friday but it might be monday depending on how long it takes to package them. I cannot see why that would take longer than a day.
    Well at least someone got through to them I suppose....how long did that take you :P Are you saying it is probably tomorrow we shall see our fate? A Monday wine night for sure so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 AnnAh1986

Well at least someone got through to them I suppose....how long did that take you :P Are you saying it is probably tomorrow we shall see our fate? A Monday wine night for sure so!

I emailed them and they got back to me within half an hour or so

• Advertisement

Podge007 wrote: »
    nobody actually got confirmation that they were to be posted today guys! it'll be this week sometime though, maybe posted today

Really? Last week's comments sound like some were given confirmation!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement