Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

to99 wrote: »
    I've been interning in a firm for 3 months now and they are great in that they give me a lot to do and its never dull or boring but I literally can not get over how the FE 1's appear to have very little to do with the actual work of a solicitor.

Anyone have the same experience?

Yeah, exactly the same experience, even now a year and a bit later I'm still trying to get to grips with all these CA24s, 11s, 6s, 26s, Affidavits, Assents, Motions, Notices, Declarations... oh so so many forms I'd never been aware of (Though they are often mentioned in the Legislation, there is zero focus on such both in College and in the FE-1 syllabus).

I have to say though, to be fair, that my ability to wade through reams of repetitive and irrelevant material has increased as a result of my FE-1 experience so far, and I find my legal research skills are quite good and useful to my Boss, though such are largely due to College, some part of my ability in this regard is also attributable to the FE-1 experience.

On another note I suppose if the Law Soc did exam us on the various practical aspects of the Legal Profession at this stage, they would likely be hounded with complaints that the focus should be more on legal Theory, and also as far as I am aware, the focus of the PPC parts is on those aspects of the profession, though i stand to be corrected.

Still a B**ls that we don't have any results yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 glee123

If anyone gets their results, could they let us know here! My post is always notoriously late and want to know if they are coming today or not.....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭tombren

In Dublin- post came- no results.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Heineken pants

For anyone anxiously waiting on post, I think its safe to say that the results are not coming out today. Im in Cork, my post came and no results. So no results in Cork, Dublin, Galway, or Limerick. Id say surely tomorrow guys, hang tough!

The law society...what a pack of Numptys!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 flo2501

Hey everyone!
    Am anxiously waiting for these results also. Just signed up to let ye know that a friend got through to the Law Society this morning, they confirmed they had not sent results out on Fri, and they havn't sent them out today. Each question was answered with a vague "last week in November/first week in December", so seems we could be waiting til Wednesday, if not the end of the week. Very unsatisfied with the lack of consideration and decency from the Law Society! Best of luck to you all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭blathblath

flo2501 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!
    Am anxiously waiting for these results also. Just signed up to let ye know that a friend got through to the Law Society this morning, they confirmed they had not sent results out on Fri, and wouldnt confirm they had sent them out today. Each question was answered with a vague "last week in November/first week in December", so seems we could be waiting til Wednesday, if not the end of the week. Very unsatisfied with the lack of consideration and decency from the Law Society! Best of luck to you all!
    Thanks a million for clarifying the situation! They never come out on any day but Monday so I reckin it will be next week

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mirm

Do the results definitely only come on a Monday? I'm sickened! Anyone want to bring a claim against the Law Society for Psychlogical damage?? It certainly feels like everyone has broken down mentally now

mirm wrote: »
    Do the results definitely only come on a Monday? I'm sickened! Anyone want to bring a claim against the Law Society for Psychlogical damage?? It certainly feels like everyone has broken down mentally now

Eh totally! I am actually a psycho! Not mentally stable enough to be a solicitor after all this! I actually was sick this morning before work thinking they were coming - no fair :mad: Any advice Brian!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

Hi all,

I just rang the law society and I was told that there was no exact date for the release of the results and that they may be out in the next week or two. I do wish they would hurry up as it is getting closer to the March exam sitting and time is a wasting!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭page1

It's absolutely disgraceful, I don't understand what is so difficult about giving a date for the results to come out and sticking to it. A friend is doing his accounting exams and he can log on and get his results on a specified date- not exactly rocket science.

• Advertisement

page1 wrote: »
    It's absolutely disgraceful, I don't understand what is so difficult about giving a date for the results to come out and sticking to it. A friend is doing his accounting exams and he can log on and get his results on a specified date- not exactly rocket science.[/QUOTE

This craic of "sometime this week or next" is NOT on! We really need to do something about being treated like this....we are after all spending good money on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

I think everyone should call Joe Duffy right now!Then at the very least, sit down and write an angry letter to your local politican! or you could just calm down.

Have these exams caused people(whom I persumed to be rational and looking for a career which involves being calm in situations when others are losing their head) to lose the run of themselves?

I agree with Chopser, as infuriating as this waiting game is, it is better to be patient and not do anything foolish or hasty. The results will be out soon enough and hopefully it will be worth the wait ;)

chopser wrote: »
    I think everyone should call Joe Duffy right now!Then at the very least, sit down and write an angry letter to your local politican! or you could just calm down.

Have these exams caused people(whom I persumed to be rational and looking for a career which involves being calm in situations when others are losing their head) to lose the run of themselves?

Did anybody make the call to Joe???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mickalis

While I get that people are frustrated that the results haven't come out yet, and I personally think that the Law Society is a joke in not just the way it handels matters but overall really what can you really say to Joe about the results? Yea you can criticize the Law Society about the delay and its manner in dealing with people but they did say at the very start that it would be the last week of November or the first week of December. And according to the calendar I'm using at the minute we're still only in the last week of November. And before everyone gets all agro at me etc etc I'm actually waiting on my results also and like everyone I wouldn't mind having them sooner than later! But listen people there's no point getting really excited to the point of not being able to function. The results will be out when they're out, and yea the Law Society should do it faster and in a better more professional manner but this is the way they do it and this is the way we're gonna have to deal with it :rolleyes: So just relax and when they come out 'best of luck with them' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Asho87

Such a farce! I had been mentally preparing myself for days! :mad:

blathblath wrote: »
    Did anybody make the call to Joe???

I assume you are joking here blathblath. It would not be a good idea to talk to Joe about this issue as it is unlikely to be well received by either Joe or his listeners nor will it change anything. I think that in this case "the better part of valour is discretion", though it would be great as I posted earlier to have the results sooner rather than later:) (mind you that is only if I got my first 4!!! If not, then they can take their time;)).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

The part that annoys me the most is that they were so quick to demand the money off us but they don't even have the decency to get us the results back so we can decide what we're going to do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

It'll probably be tomorrow for the results but I'm not holding my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭brehayes

post but no results today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Thanks for the update. If anyone hears anything, please let us know!

colonel1 wrote: »
    I assume you are joking here blathblath. It would not be a good idea to talk to Joe about this issue as it is unlikely to be well received by either Joe or his listeners nor will it change anything. I think that in this case "the better part of valour is discretion", though it would be great as I posted earlier to have the results sooner rather than later:) (mind you that is only if I got my first 4!!! If not, then they can take their time;)).

Yupe I sure am! Although I have to say I do think there is a need for reform of the current situations....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mickalis

Nope didn't get mine with my post either! At this rate we might all have to ask Santa to leave them under the tree on Christmas Day! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭page1

Postman came no results. I'd say it will be next Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 AnnAh1986

page1 wrote: »
    Postman came no results. I'd say it will be next Monday.

Do you think? I hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Finally snowed in Cork. Im kind of glad that theyre not out yet because there is no post in Cork today due to the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Podge007

More than likely be next monday now alright, they usually sent out on Fridays and then u receive them the Mondayicon9.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 AnnAh1986

It seems strange as less people are sitting them and they had them out this time last year didn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

AnnAh1986 wrote: »
    It seems strange as less people are sitting them and they had them out this time last year didn't they?

Yeah. But that shows you the kind of society they are.
    Why they cant be released online is absolutly unknown to me.

• Advertisement

It is so comforting to know that so many people are feeling the same! Nobody knows how much they mean to you until they put in the work and actually realise the extent of stress and mental exhaustion involved! For me personally I haven't properly relaxed since finishing the last exam...it is all about the end result and this waiting game is making it even harder!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement