Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Amy1988

I'm looking for Equity, Family, Company law books, if anyone wants to sell them, i'm very interested! thanks!

Helen21 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have equity, company and property from the last FE1 sitting for sale, including past exam papers and examiners reports.

PM me if interested!
    hi, are they still for sale? i'd be interested in equity and company. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Punchesnpeaches

Amy1988 wrote: »
    I'm looking for Equity, Family, Company law books, if anyone wants to sell them, i'm very interested! thanks!

Hi,

There isn't a Family Law FE-1. If you're willing to wait a month until the exams are over there'll be loads of people trying to off-load their company and equity manuals.

ok great thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 brunettechick

any body have any tips on what can be excluded from criminal?? heard he is a very hard marker and that if he gets an idea you have left any of the course out he will fail you! also that you cant pass unless you have 5 questions! have a lot done already but would love to be able to cut out a few, even the smaller topics!
    every bit helps as they say :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Yeah, I know a fair few who have picked up the manuals on the interweb. That said, I did that for my first attempt (head hangs in shame)...and missed out by just a bit. I then bit the financial bullet and went into lectures in Griff this year and did the April 08 exams. The difference (for me) was insane, especially re confidence etc. I guess if you're coming off a 1.1, all you need is the syllabus from the Law Soc and basic notes. One point is though that the FE1 syllabuses are miles away from college in some respects. Contract was less detail than I did in college but constitutional was....well....jesus. I dont know what college prepares you for that. The slant is just a little differnet on the exams, and I think if you need that bit of "institutional support" the colleges are a good thing. There is a lot more focus and supplementing of materials witeh learning aids in Griff etc, uses of powerpoint etc. I don't think I'm a good marker for what a good student needs, but it helped me get over the borderline which I just couldn't do on my own. Thing also was that B.Foley (had for two subjects) was always on the end of the phone when I had questions (but i did know him before hand) and they have a good online system.

If you wait 4 weeks till the exams are done, there'll be millions trying to sell the old manuals on here!

Im actually coming off a 2.1 :o. I have friends doing the courses now who have kindly offered extra notes and answers given in the courses (I really am a Cavan person!). I was looking at different prep courses available and saw one from FE1 direct. Does anyone have any experience with this course? It would suit me better as it is one day intensive course per subject and I work saturdays at the mo. It had good reviews but there is no point doing it and missing out on a good course with Griffith. I also read in another thread that Independent Colleges have good courses.

:eek: Im confused and now Im blabbering!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pink101

heard he was a hard marker. I have an old Griffith Manual and written on the index the lecturer said it was the hardest paper to predict as there does not seem to be a pattern on any one paper.

from looking at the past papers if a question is answered badly it has at times come up the following year.

I have a lot done as well and have left out Offences Against the State and one or two other small bits in other areas and hoping they don't come up.

Pink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ireland1italy0

CavanGal wrote: »
    Im actually coming off a 2.1 :o.

Whoops! Sorry, no offence meant - I just meant that there are types who don't need these classes at all...maybe i didn't get that across! Good luck! One day per course sounds...well, it sounds mad. I said it about re constitutional but one day on that...man, that's just insanity. I think both Indep and Griff do 14 weeks x 2 hours each and most lecturers put on extra lectures giving about 30 hours per subject. One day sounds mad for these subjects. That said, contract and criminal are "short" in comparison to the others....ok...Lost DVD is calling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 crammer12

Hello

Hope the swotting is going well for everyone!!:) Im trying to get my head aroung the workload for Constitutuional! Would anybody have any guidance on what can be left out or any banker questions that have been predicted. Any help would be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Whoops! Sorry, no offence meant - I just meant that there are types who don't need these classes at all...maybe i didn't get that across! Good luck! One day per course sounds...well, it sounds mad. I said it about re constitutional but one day on that...man, that's just insanity. I think both Indep and Griff do 14 weeks x 2 hours each and most lecturers put on extra lectures giving about 30 hours per subject. One day sounds mad for these subjects. That said, contract and criminal are "short" in comparison to the others....ok...Lost DVD is calling

No offence taken! Im thinking of taking Criminal, Contract (if they're the shortest), Equity and Land (as I studied these 2 in my final year). I think Im going to attempt these four on my own and then maybe do courses for the second four. I have heard that constitutional is a joke from numerous people.

I just thought Id cheer up those of you studying like mad things for the exams. Just think that in a few weeks you will have four exams done and (hopefully) passed and Ill be only starting my collecting of information and notes, never mind studying!
    See now isnt that a nice cheerful thought? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

Only one week to go!!! :eek::eek:

Anyone know if there's parking in the RDS at the exams.

Yup, there is. Costs a fiver a pop. Make sure and leave yourself plenty of time to get there because the Merrion road is always jammers at that time of the morning. I drove for my 1st exam and it took me half an hour to get there, bearing in mind that I could have walked it in that time! On the other hand, it was very handy having the car to study in.

anyone else starting to get nervous????:( :( criminal seems to be never ending!!! just when i think i have a topic done and dusted, another element of it pops up!!! roll on next monday when its all over :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pink101

anyone else starting to get nervous????:( :( criminal seems to be never ending!!! just when i think i have a topic done and dusted, another element of it pops up!!! roll on next monday when its all over :):)

Agree entirely with you - was going to leave our purjury and contempt of court etc but then decided against it as it has come up as part of a question. Roll on Monday and let it be over.

Pink:o

pink101 wrote: »
    Roll on Monday and let it be over.

Pink:o

Nooooooo don't roll on monday... I need more time!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I know they haven't even started yet, but anyone know when the results are usually sent out?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Carmeii

around the 5th of december

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 crazykid

Hey, Im doing my last exam in a couple of weeks - Tort - lets just say I havent a hope of getting it as Ive done hardly any work. Does anyone know of guaranteed topics that I should concentrate on at this late stage. I am thinking of just waiting to March 09 but Ive paid for the exam now and I may aswell give it a go. Please help in any way you can!!!!! Im desperate!!!!

why cant you bring in a statute book to criminal!!! very confusing all the different sections and years and amended statutes :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 crazykid

Its been a while since I did criminal but maybe try listing them all out. If there are ammended ones, then usually you only need one. I dont think I remembered many of the dates as long as you get the title. Some of the sections are obvioulsy more important and used more often than others so concentrate on them. Good Luck

• Advertisement

thanks! i've been pretty cool calm and collected all along now im startin with major panic attacks:( :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭AKK

Ah panic!! decided to sit 5 and have spent my "study" time merely making out notes rather than actually learning any bleedin thing!!

Anyone else feel physically sick everytime they look at company law??!

I know what you mean about the panic attacks brunettechick - least most of us are in the same boat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Nightowl84

Seriously cant wait until Mondays over,

The thought of turning over that exam page.....ahhhhh:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 crammer12

Hello all

Hope the study is going well!
    Im trying to get through constituional law by nxt fri. Any giudance would be much appreciated regards any topics that have been predicted by griffith of independent college lecturers or any topics that are unlikely to appear??? Thanks a mill and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ob1kanobee

......... and tips for Equity would be much appreciated also. Spanx

and EU and tort(ure)

Here's to a weekend of cramming... good luck everyone!! :o:o:o

major cramming!!!! and then precious sleep after half 12 monday!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Pampers25

How's everyone doing. You'd want nerves of steel so you would. I'm dreading tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 irish_hic85

hey crammer12,
    as far as i know separation of powers (sop) and constitutional interpretation (ci) haven't come up on any of the last 2 or 3 papers - sop is the most important principle of irish law as it is the basis of our legal system and surely can't be ignored again. as for ci, i would definitely study this topic and i would also throw in the preamble with ci also as, as far as i know, the preamble hasn't arisen in quite some time and examiners seem to like the preamble versus historical approach to ci question. right to privacy came up twice on the last paper and is therefore unlikely, as is due course of law which has appeared on the last four and is, arguably, due a miss. i passed the exam last april but if i was doing it now i would focus more on the right to silence (heaney v ireland, rock, etc) than due course of law, but the latter still requires some attention given the examiners preference for this topic.
    hopefully that helps but don't hold me to it and don't hunt me down if i'm wrong!!!

p.s. anybody have any ideas on eu? it's my last one and would love to know a few other perspectives on the likely topics

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement