Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭frustratedTC

Yeh ur definitely covered, is landlord and tenant law very big?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Chopper888 wrote: »
    Would I be covered for the property exam with the following topics:

Treasure Trove
    Succession
    Adverse Possession
    Licences
    Family Property
    Easements
    Co Ownership
    Landlord Tenant Law
    Mortgages

I would think so too. Succession gives you two solid questions usually, so you ought to find three others very do-able from your topic list.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 t2340

I am trying to choose between landlord and tenant law and mortgages. Thinking it might be best to cover mortgages given that two questions were asked on Landlord and Tenant law in March. Any opinions?! Both topics are quite long!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bob_lob_law

I'm thinking about doing competition in EU, haven't looked at it to date. Thoughts? Is it easy? Thanks for any advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭wez99950

Ok for property im hoping to cover:
    Adverse possession
    Mortgages
    Easements & Profits
    Covenants
    Family
    Co-Ownership
    Succession
    Unreg/reg land
    Equity & notice
    Tenure
    Treasure Trove

Would I be covered in them? Also, realistically I won't be able to cover them all in great detail - are there any above that you would think I could maybe leave out? Don't worry I won't hold u to it!

Does anyone have sample answers for contract and/or criminal?? I have answers for equity and property and grids if anyone wants to do a swap. PM me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Vera12

Does anybody know where the exams are going to be held? Back in the Red Cow?

I'm thinking about doing competition in EU, haven't looked at it to date. Thoughts? Is it easy? Thanks for any advice!

Yep, do it if you have the time! Has come up on every paper since time begun except the last sitting, so will hopefully make an appearance again. The questions are easy enough. Although to cover yourself for a question on Art 102 you also need to do Art 106, although I think a basic overview of Art 106 would be sufficient.

By any chance, do you have an uptodate exam grid for EU?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Reidy24

Could someone please send me the exam grid for contract? I have both property and equity if anybody needs them.

Vera12 wrote: »
    Yep, do it if you have the time! Has come up on every paper since time begun except the last sitting, so will hopefully make an appearance again. The questions are easy enough. Although to cover yourself for a question on Art 102 you also need to do Art 106, although I think a basic overview of Art 106 would be sufficient.

By any chance, do you have an uptodate exam grid for EU?

Thanks, I'll probably give it a go in that case. I have a grid for EU but only a hard-copy and no scanner, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 smjsmj

Does anyone else seem to be struggling with constitutional?? I'm trying to learn off the sop and i feel like throwing everything in the fire!! all my other subjects are going well except this. any tips how to learn sop?? apologises for the rant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Dylan123

Hi there,
    Does anyone know the rule in regards to marking the succession act for exam purposes please?
    Can we use colored stickies or highlighter pens..or whats best?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 lablab

Getting desperate folks....anybody pls got a IC exam grid for EU...???

well?????

tks

Dylan123 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Does anyone know the rule in regards to marking the succession act for exam purposes please?
    Can we use colored stickies or highlighter pens..or whats best?

Thanks

You can highlight and tab with coloured stickers as much as you like as long as you do not write anything on the act bar your name and student number on the front page.
    it's easiest if your tab the relevant section and then highlight key words for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hero82

Hey everyone, hope the study is going well.was just wondering would anybody have a sample answer to question 8 march 2010 for constitutional.???

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corkgirl88

What topics are people covering for equity??

Has anyone done the IC intensive revision course? Thinking of doing the company one on Monday as I can't make the Griffith one, €195 seems a bit steep for it though. It's only from 9-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bcdccm

Same question as above. Whats people's opinion of the IC intensive revision courses? First time doing fe1s here, doing Comp, EU, Land and Equity. Have pretty much all the manuals. Was considering doing one day course for EU or Equity but price is quite streep! Any advice appreciated.

I did a couple of these for the last sitting. They are only really helpful in terms of showing you how to answer questions. There is no point in going to them if you don't already know the stuff (or at least know what you're meant to know!). Some people think that they are a grind almost, but they really are not. Spent the couple of hours just going through past questions. Did I find them that helpful? Not really to be honest. If you already have the past papers and have sample answers to go with them, you're sorted.

I think the ICD actually give you the manual - that's why there are more expensive than GCD. But, getting the manual with only weeks to go to the exam isn't too helpful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Amy.M

Could anyone briefly tell me what major changes have been made as a result of this? Any text I have re: property law is all pre-Act and my searches online are not bearing much fruit to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Kamilat

lablab wrote: »
    Getting desperate folks....anybody pls got a IC exam grid for EU...???

well?????

tks
    hey, I have one from last year if you still want it I can send it to you later. It's last years so the only set that's missing from it is from April 2011. By any chance would you have one for equity?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 law girl

Hey, I wonder could anyone confirm whether or not specific performance was on the last equity paper? I know it's a popular topic but I don't have a list of what came up last time round. Thanks

hey,
    yeh specific performance was on the paper in march.
    Q8
    Consider, with reference to relevant case law, the traditional reluctance of the courts to grant specific performance of contracts requiring supervision.

I have four FE1s passed to date and the only thing I did since graduating in 2007 was GCD one-day revision courses. I found them really good at sharpening up my focus on the FE1 exam style and standard compared to college exams, and their materials are good too, particularly the grids and sample answers. In college, you'll know your lecturer who will also be your examiner in most cases, and you'll know their hints, no-no's and hobby-horses. In UL, the questions covered in tutorials are usually closely related to the exam questions so you face the college exam somewhat molly-coddled if you have been paying any attention at all.
    This FE1 scene is a different ball-game, and in my opinion the intensive revision courses are a significant help. You must do your study though. The best ones I have been at were Tort and Contract.

No vested interest etc.

JC

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭randomuser77

JCJCJC wrote: »
    I have four FE1s passed to date and the only thing I did since graduating in 2007 was GCD one-day revision courses. I found them really good at sharpening up my focus on the FE1 exam style and standard compared to college exams, and their materials are good too, particularly the grids and sample answers. In college, you'll know your lecturer who will also be your examiner in most cases, and you'll know their hints, no-no's and hobby-horses. In UL, the questions covered in tutorials are usually closely related to the exam questions so you face the college exam somewhat molly-coddled if you have been paying any attention at all.
    This FE1 scene is a different ball-game, and in my opinion the intensive revision courses are a significant help. You must do your study though. The best ones I have been at were Tort and Contract.

No vested interest etc.

JC

Don't think I'll have a chance to go to any of these I'm afraid. So what would you say are the differences to bear in mind between college exams and the FE1s?

Don't think I'll have a chance to go to any of these I'm afraid. So what would you say are the differences to bear in mind between college exams and the FE1s?

Keep the law absolutely fresh, fresh, fresh. They don't give a rat's ass about 19th century cases, journal articles, what the constitution of Outer Mongolia says or any of that waffle. Give exactly the advice a client would expect from a sharp solicitor, based on the most recent appearance of the issue in the highest possible court. Get really sharp at identifying issues in questions. Plan your essays. Manage your time and attempt five questions at all costs.

JC

Does anybody know if full-time students in Blackhall qualify for student travel cards, leading to better Irish Rail ticket prices etc?

JC

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Amre17

Hi all,

Hope the study is going well for everyone..

I sitting tort this session but Im studying from a manual that is pre-defamation act and I was wondering if anyone had any material they would like to share that would bring me up to date. Obviously want to study this topic but dont know where to start..

If I might have any material from exams Ive already sat that would be handy to others to swop please ask!

Thanks..

Amre17 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Hope the study is going well for everyone..

I sitting tort this session but Im studying from a manual that is pre-defamation act and I was wondering if anyone had any material they would like to share that would bring me up to date. Obviously want to study this topic but dont know where to start..

If I might have any material from exams Ive already sat that would be handy to others to swop please ask!

Thanks..

There's an article in this Law Society Gazette that may be of use:
    http://www.lawsociety.ie/Documents/Gazette/Gazette%202010/januaryfebruary2010.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Amre17

There's an article in this Law Society Gazette that may be of use:
    http://www.lawsociety.ie/Documents/Gazette/Gazette%202010/januaryfebruary2010.pdf

Thanks so much bob.. will give it a read now..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 BroadwayBound

Hello all, I hope the study is going well!

I see from the Law Society's website that 'Bastow Charleton, Combined Companies Acts (2000) Gill & MacMillan' is permitted into the FE-1 examination hall for company law. However, I managed to get a copy of 'Horwath, Bastow, Charleton, Combined Companies Acts, Gill & MacMillan' which was published in 2002. I'm assuming this is the updated version.

I wonder if anyone knew if this version would be accepted? Thanks in advance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement