Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Caoileann

sazzyfiz wrote: »
    ahhhhh!!!! do you know what u need to check results online???

Also interested to know this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭sazzyfiz

Caoileann wrote: »
    Also interested to know this!

you just need your law society number and ur password

sazzyfiz wrote: »
    you just need your law society number and ur password

I was never provided with a password though..

I presume our law society numbers are the reference numbers on any written correspondence?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Caoileann wrote: »
    I was never provided with a password though..

In that case your password will be "password"
    I presume our law society numbers are the reference numbers on any written correspondence?

Correct. Dont confuse it with your exam number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Ned_led16 wrote: »
    Interesting point about understanding the basics - i think thats really important!
    Little point in being very technical if you dont understand the basics - like me!!!

Am i wrong in saying that:
    -The Lisbon treaty is the TEU & the TFEU? nothing more or less?
    -There are 2, TEU treaties, the post lisbon is all we need to know for the exam though.

thanks and apologies for a stupid question

You sound a little confused here, there are two treaties that set out what the EU can do and how it works, these are the TFEU and the TEU.

The Lisbon treaty is the latest amendment to these treaties, it changed a number of things including the numbering of the treaty articles. so there are old numbers and new numbers, the new numbers are the only one you need to know for the exam.

I suggest you go back and take another look at the treaties, how they came about and how they were amended, its quite simple really but vital to understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Fe1erere

Hey all, this is my first time posting on this site and i must say it has been very helpful in my preparations for the Fe1 exams in March. My problem is this, i bought an EU Law manual (Independent colleges 2010/2011) from a random seller not long ago and i have just realised i am missing chapters on Union Citizenship and Equality. I know from looking at the past papers that these are not chapters to be forgotten about. I was hoping somebody could help?! Pages 176-208 are missing, if anybody could help me i would be extremely grateful.........!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Does anyone know if it is difficult to get an apprenticeship? I am thinking of bailing to Aus or Canada with or without these 4 fe1s and would appreciate if anyone knew whether it was possible to secure work in this country if I had all 8 done?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭law_lady

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has received an email about the Autumn 2011 FE1 results date from the Law Society? I know Hogzy was told 25th of November, but when the results came out for the Spring 2011 sitting back in May, we got an email to warn us about it over a week in advance. This time I haven't gotten any such email so was just wondering if others have. Best of luck to everyone when they do arrive!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭UberStressed

law_lady wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone has received an email about the Autumn 2011 FE1 results date from the Law Society? I know Hogzy was told 25th of November, but when the results came out for the Spring 2011 sitting back in May, we got an email to warn us about it over a week in advance. This time I haven't gotten any such email so was just wondering if others have. Best of luck to everyone when they do arrive!!:o

I haven't gotten an email this time either, but the date(25th) is posted on the Law Society website.. sick at the thoughts :/

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭law_lady

Oh God... I suppose I wouldn't let myself believe it til I got an email. Let the week of torturous waiting begin...:( Thanks for the quick reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

I haven't gotten an email this time either, but the date(25th) is posted on the Law Society website.. sick at the thoughts :/

I must be going blind UberStressed but I couldn't see the date on the Law Society website at all:D Wish the results were out today, though not looking forward to seeing what I got in property. Nice exam paper but I made a mess of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mirm

law_lady wrote: »

If you sign in to the online account you will check your results with it says the next date your results will be posted will be 25th November 2011. Aaggghhh!!!

mirm wrote: »
    If you sign in to the online account you will check your results with it says the next date your results will be posted will be 25th November 2011. Aaggghhh!!!

Thanks mirm:D So I would use the reference number that was printed on my exam candidate number and the password Hogzy said was "password" right?

colonel1 wrote: »
    Thanks mirm:D So I would use the reference number that was printed on my exam candidate number and the password Hogzy said was "password" right?

Right!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Hey,

I used that number they send us and "password" to log on to the Law Soc website.
    It takes me into "Your Law Society Profile" but I can't see anything about results any place there...?
    Is this the page everyone else is getting directed to or do I need to do something diff'?
    Or could somebody post the link to the right page....

I wont be at home on Fri to get the post so want to sort this out please.......

dinemo6 wrote: »
    Hey,

I used that number they send us and "password" to log on to the Law Soc website.
    It takes me into "Your Law Society Profile" but I can't see anything about results any place there...?
    Is this the page everyone else is getting directed to or do I need to do something diff'?
    Or could somebody post the link to the right page....

I wont be at home on Fri to get the post so want to sort this out please.......

I just an email from Law Society confirming the results on Friday 25th

Right!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sparky29

http://www.lawsociety.ie/Pages/Public-Becoming-a-Solicitor-CMS/Irish-Applicants-Solicitor/FE-1-Exam/FE1-Examination-Results/

Has anyone seen this yet? It says the results have been posted :s I dunno if that page is intentionally live or whether I found it accidentally searching their page but if true surely the results would arrive in the post before Friday??

Sparky29 wrote: »
    http://www.lawsociety.ie/Pages/Public-Becoming-a-Solicitor-CMS/Irish-Applicants-Solicitor/FE-1-Exam/FE1-Examination-Results/

Has anyone seen this yet? It says the results have been posted :s I dunno if that page is intentionally live or whether I found it accidentally searching their page but if true surely the results would arrive in the post before Friday??

OMG I logged into the link you provided and it gave me a result for one subject even though I sat four! I am kinda freaked out but I think that result is my recheck that I checked after the April sittings, but can't be sure. If that result is correct then I know I have one failed already! There is also an application form for the next sitting at the bottom of the screen for March.....

Where did you find that link? If you log in via the link they tell you, i.e., www.lawsociety.ie/fe1results, there are no results posted there....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

OMG I logged into the link you provided and it gave me a result for one subject even though I sat four! I am kinda freaked out but I think that result is my recheck that I checked after the April sittings, but can't be sure. If that result is correct then I know I have one failed already! There is also an application form for the next sitting at the bottom of the screen for March.....

Where did you find that link? If you log in via the link they tell you, i.e., www.lawsociety.ie/fe1results, there are no results posted there....

Its a rechecked result. I have one result aswell for an exam i didnt sit this time around.

• Advertisement

Sparky29 wrote: »

I found it just searching their site to see if I could find out when the results are out. I dunno about when you log in but mine says October 2011 results. No results are available but that a letter has been posted out. I know they aren't a very Internet savvy organisation so I'm jut gonna presume its been put up early incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MoneyMilo

colonel1 wrote: »
    I must be going blind UberStressed but I couldn't see the date on the Law Society website at all:D Wish the results were out today, though not looking forward to seeing what I got in property. Nice exam paper but I made a mess of it.

+1 bro. If it costs me I'll hang my head in shame!

MoneyMilo wrote: »
    +1 bro. If it costs me I'll hang my head in shame!

Lol;) it could be a very nasty start to the weekend....but hopefully not:D I couldn't face property again.

Am I the only one who didn't get an email?

Apparently they have been posted or so it says when I log in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 noope

I don't think they've been posted. I think they just intend for that to pop up when people log in on Friday, i.e., they will have been posted at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

God, I actually hope that I failed one this time because if I passed my first 3 and am unable to keep them on account of not getting up to put my name on the fourth I'll die! But looking back on the contract paper and the mess I made of that I don't think it'll be a problem :D Best of luck to everyone else though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

godeas16 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it is difficult to get an apprenticeship? I am thinking of bailing to Aus or Canada with or without these 4 fe1s and would appreciate if anyone knew whether it was possible to secure work in this country if I had all 8 done?

By all accounts I think it's very difficult. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think people are even having difficulty getting experience when offering to work for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Thanks it dawned on me all this stress and hassle and still unemployed.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭banterful

Hi all,

Just wondering does anyone have a griffith or city colleges exam grid for EU? Don't find the Independent one v clear. Also - if anyone has sample answers from 2010 & 2011 FE1 sittings of EU, company & tort &/or a sample answer bank for property, I'd be more than willing to swap exam grids & sample answer banks for equity, criminal, constitutional & contract. PM me if you're interested!

Cheers & good luck to all on fri! :D

• Advertisement

Anyone any idea when they should be released from having done the last sitting? Will it be a midnight tonight job, 8am tomorrow or any time they feel like tomorrow?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement