Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Hogzy wrote: »
    I have 2 left to do. Obviously i will do those 2 in the next sitting but does that mean i have to pass 2 out of 2. If i pass 1 out of the 2 do i fail both?

I think it is just the 5 mark. Check out rules 6-7.
    http://www.lawsociety.ie/Documents/education/hbs/fe1rules.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭moonbino

chopser wrote: »
    Not entirely true. The reverse is also true in that if you find yourself with 5 passed and only 3 exams to do, then must take all three at once and pass at least 2 to keep them.

I have 2 left to do. Obviously i will do those 2 in the next sitting but does that mean i have to pass 2 out of 2. If i pass 1 out of the 2 do i fail both?

[QUOTE7]. A candidate who has previously sat the Examination and who has been deemed to have
    passed three or more examinations, may sit the remaining examination or examinations at
    one sitting of the Examination or may sit them individually, or in combinations less than
    the total remaining, in separate sittings of the Examination, and shall be deemed to have
    passed each such remaining examination by obtaining the pass mark.

This sub paragraph states that as long as you have your first 3 passed, you can pass them to your hearts content.
    A candidate sitting the Examination for the first time who is entitled to exemptions from
    five or more
    of the examinations must sit all the remaining examinations together at one
    sitting of the Examination.
    Such a candidate who is sitting three examinations must achieve a pass mark in at least
    two of the examinations in order to be deemed to have passed those examinations

Im confused by this sub paragraph though. If you have sat the papers before and passed 5 exams, Surely you are no longer a first timer if your sitting the exams again no?[/Quote]

Maybe to do with exemption on other grounds...Just my guess though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

moonbino wrote: »
    Maybe to do with exemption on other grounds...Just my guess though

Thats what i was thinking aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

The "exempt from 5, must sit all last three together" only applies to first time candidates. I'm not entirely sure who these people are! But I presume they have exemptions due to qualifications in other jurisdictions etc. I sat my last one by itself so I know it;s fine - got the letter to prove it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Thats what i was thinking aswell.

Yeah , it looks that way. Sorry for my bad advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 happy_man2010

I passed three in my first go. Passed 4 there out of 5. So, therefore, I have one left to do and entitled to keep my 7?

I passed three in my first go. Passed 4 there out of 5. So, therefore, I have one left to do and entitled to keep my 7?

Yep! And well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 happy_man2010

Sala wrote: »
    Yep! And well done!!

Phew! Well time for the Guinness...

Best of luck to everyone! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Finally got the first three on my third attempt having passed only two last time out, utter elation which will last until the morning when I realise i've to start studying for April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

results

That's the url to the results. I got the two I sat in Oct, Constitutional and Criminal, well pleased with that. Only Company and blasted EU left now. Well pleased this evening.

JC

• Advertisement

The application form on the lawsoc's website says the next exams will run from 20th to 29th March 2012. Do they always run the subjects in the same order, beginning with Tort and ending with Criminal? If we knew that at this stage it would be possible to work out now what days we're on the next time.

Congrats to all who did well in October, regrets to those on whom Lady Luck didn't smile this time round - persevere, you'll get there.

JC

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭UberStressed

JCJCJC wrote: »
    The application form on the lawsoc's website says the next exams will run from 20th to 29th March 2012. Do they always run the subjects in the same order, beginning with Tort and ending with Criminal? If we knew that at this stage it would be possible to work out now what days we're on the next time.

Congrats to all who did well in October, regrets to those on whom Lady Luck didn't smile this time round - persevere, you'll get there.

JC

The dates of the exams are listed at the end of the applic form...

I got 47 in property, I thought this exam went fairly well, esp compared to some others that I sat and passed.. do people know if the examiner is a hard marker and is it worth a recheck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Legal1234

Failed contract by 5%. Got 55% the last time I sat it. Seriously pissed off. Is it worth getting it re-checked for 5%???

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sparky29

With rechecks you never know. I only got 2 once when I needed 3 and my other subject was a 48 and when I got a recheck it didn't go up.

Property I personally felt like I had smashed it out of the park and I got a 54. I honestly couldn't have written a better paper for myself so I would imagine it was marked really tough as having never felt so good about a paper I would have thought I might even get 60.

That said ive had a few times previously where I've felt great about a paper and it's not reached 50.

Guys - I definitely would, for 5% or less, maybe even for a little more. Somebody here claimed a while ago that a 37 came up to 50.

JC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Legal1234

JCJCJC wrote: »
    Guys - I definitley would, for 5% or less. Somebody here claimed a while ago that a 37 came up to 50.

JC

Nice one JC. Needed to hear something on the lines of this right now. Can't believe I dropped 10% from my last sitting. 120e is it so. No Christmas presents for my family this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭UberStressed

Sparky29 wrote: »
    With rechecks you never know. I only got 2 once when I needed 3 and my other subject was a 48 and when I got a recheck it didn't go up.

Property I personally felt like I had smashed it out of the park and I got a 54. I honestly couldn't have written a better paper for myself so I would imagine it was marked really tough as having never felt so good about a paper I would have thought I might even get 60.

That said ive had a few times previously where I've felt great about a paper and it's not reached 50.

That's how I felt with property... it absolutely devastating (feeling very dramatic right now).. It's nearly better to fail badly than get so close.. how long does the recheck take, do you remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 lablab

right going mental here .....forgot password from March and requested new one but nothing has come thru on my hotmail and it is not in my junk folder...

does it take a few hours or what??
    how do i find my frigging results?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sparky29

I can't remember how long rechecks take to be honest but it wasn't quick.

I'd still get them rechecked though but I guess I posted my 48 experience to show there is no entitlement for what you would think would be a case of "ah sure it's only 2 points lets bump him up"

I would recheck the that Legal1234 - 5% is achievable. Uberstressed, at 47% defo go for it. It's dear and a risk, but if you get it you save the price of the resit and the course if you are doing one.

I failed my Equity paper and I really thought I passed, got 39% and my recheck bumped me to 43% :rolleyes:

Thought I had totally failed property, tort, EU and contract and got 58% - 59%. "Aced" criminal or so I thought and got 50% on the button. It's very hard to know how you have done. When I sat property they lumped adverse possession into a two part question and I was lucky I knew part A. I'd a load of people didn't and lost their banker. With these exams I don't think you need to do a great paper, once you do better than than the other half of the class!

Anyway chin up guys, I have all 8 - you'll all get there. getting the training contract is the hard bit!

• Advertisement

Sparky29 wrote: »
    I can't remember how long rechecks take to be honest but it wasn't quick.

I'd still get them rechecked though but I guess I posted my 48 experience to show there is no entitlement for what you would think would be a case of "ah sure it's only 2 points lets bump him up"

I let a 45 in Contract go, and later met people who had come up from 43s and 42s, made me regret not rechecking it. Since there is an examiner and assistant examiners on the panel, you might just have drawn a person initially who either marked a bit hard or just took an unfavourable slant to your answers. €120 or six months of your time is the call, but if (say) you need a third to rescue two others you passed in your first sitting, it has to be worth the shot. If you are nearly finished and this means TC & Blackhall next year versus TC & Blackhall a year later, it has to be worth every gamble then.

Can't believe I have six in the bag at last, the light at the end of the tunnel is starting to shine for me finally.

JC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

I got a recheck in contract last time out and it didn't budge from 44. Got the exact same this time and thought I did a much better paper. Am wondering myself with the new examiner if it is worth rob clark having a re check over it.

any ideas on how long it takes to get new password?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭frustratedTC

Has everyone got their results? Mine aren't up yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭randomuser77

The dates of the exams are listed at the end of the applic form...

I got 47 in property, I thought this exam went fairly well, esp compared to some others that I sat and passed.. do people know if the examiner is a hard marker and is it worth a recheck?

Where can you get the 2012 application form? I can't see it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mirm

Has everyone got their results? Mine aren't up yet!

Are u checking the search results method?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭randomuser77

Where can you get the 2012 application form? I can't see it online.

Oh wait, I found it:

http://www.lawsociety.ie/Documents/education/hbs/FE1form.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭birdie89

now have 6 fe1s....absolutely delighted:D congrats to everyone who passed today!

lablab wrote: »
    any ideas on how long it takes to get new password?

- any ideas where my password got sent to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mirm

lablab wrote: »
    - any ideas where my password got sent to?

Is it an automated password that is sent?? If not maybe it is outside office hours

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement