Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 lablab

it says that it will be sent in a few minutes so ........frustrating.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭law_lady

I just found out I passed my last ever FE1, having got 4/4 first sitting and 3/4 the second, which meant my start in Blackhall was delayed by a year. I really thought I'd failed again!!

I just want to say thanks a million to everyone in this forum for all their help and support over the process. I wish you all the best of luck in whatever remains of your FE1 journey. It will be worth it in the end!!

I really hope that some day the Law Society find a better way of vetting potential solicitors, without the cruel and unusual punishment that is these examinations.

All the best to you all,

law_lady

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭UberStressed

Where can you get the 2012 application form? I can't see it online.

There is a link to it at the bottom of the results page, where it says about the next sitting!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Chip Ralston

Didn't get my first three until a successful mark-up in contract (43%-50% btw), which I only received notice of in January.

This was after two unsuccessful sittings beforehand.

Got the other five (2 and 3) between the March and October sittings despite a terrible effort in EU.

*Lesson 1: Definitely get a recheck if you think you've done well enough to get within a couple of marks.

*Lesson 2: It's all about tekkers. As long as you put 4.5/5 structured answers down you will have a very good chance of passing any of them.

*Lesson 3: Don't believe most of the negative comments in the forum. If I can pass them anyone can.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭JLex

hello! just got the results! passed 4 of them in my first go! including company and tort :)
    only studied for 3 weeks ( not counting attempts to study 3 months prior to the exams ending in deep sleep after 15 mins of reading) ..........EU , const, contract and equity to do in March! cant wait! have a feeling that last 3 weeks of march will be the longest weeks of my life.......again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

lablab wrote: »
    - any ideas where my password got sent to?

Check your profile on the lawsoc's website. They'll send it to the email address you gave them, almost instantaneously - maybe five seconds of www delay while servers shake hands with each other.
    Chase up the urls I and others have posted for your results tonight, not the url in the lawsoc's email. Good luck.

JC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 noope

Happy i got my six but no idea how they mark these exams; it seems weird. I thought I failed a couple and got 60s in them, and the ones I thought I nailed I got 50s. No complaints though, big relief!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sofakingood

Its telling me that results are not out until the 25th and check back then.
    Has everyone got there results?
    Am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Chip Ralston

http://www.lawsociety.ie/Pages/Public-Becoming-a-Solicitor-CMS/Irish-Applicants-Solicitor/FE-1-Exam/FE1-Examination-Results/

Use that link

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭UberStressed

Type results into the search box and the link to Oct FE1s is a couple down the page..that's how I found them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 legallaine

I passed 3 of 4.. they were my first ones, so i am thrilled. got 46 in Contract, would it be worth a recheck? any opinions welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 yunthunter

Cheers for this! Boooya 6 down 2 to go! those 2 would have to be constitutional and EU though!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Caoileann

Passed two, failed two. My first time, hopefully not my last, but I seriously feel like throwing in the towel.

I am so upset and feel so stupid, not looking forward to having to tell everyone tomorrow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Caoileann wrote: »
    Passed two, failed two. My first time, hopefully not my last, but I seriously feel like throwing in the towel.

I am so upset and feel so stupid, not looking forward to having to tell everyone tomorrow :(

been there done that, its the hardest place to be. keep your chin up and remember that you'll be better equipped next time thanks to this experience. I nearly gave up, but decided to take some time out, I came back and got four and you can do the same.

been there done that, its the hardest place to be. keep your chin up and remember that you'll be better equipped next time thanks to this experience. I nearly gave up, but decided to take some time out, I came back and got four and you can do the same.

Thank you :) I hope I don't fall into the trap of failing the ones I just passed and passing the two I failed! Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Caoileann wrote: »
    Thank you :) I hope I don't fall into the trap of failing the ones I just passed and passing the two I failed! Gutted.

been there too last year, now have six passed so it's just a temporary set-back to be overcome, a great character-building opportunity. Choose your best subjects next time, and bust your ass on three of them to get on the score sheet.

JC

JCJCJC wrote: »
    Check your profile on the lawsoc's website. They'll send it to the email address you gave them, almost instantaneously - maybe five seconds of www delay while servers shake hands with each other.
    Chase up the urls I and others have posted for your results tonight, not the url in the lawsoc's email. Good luck.

JC

still no email received despite several hundred attempts...can anyone advise me hwo to check my profile as someone must have the wrong data inserted for me somewhere......

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

He, well done to all who did well today!!

I got my resullts yesterday online but when I wanted to go back in now to check them again there's nothing there....??!!

It just says:
    "Thank you for logging in. Your FE-1 Exam results will be available on the 25th of November, please check back then."

Is this happening to anybody else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Sheedy

Its happening to me too :( what's going on??

just got logged on there - 51 in company - a not is as good as a wink!!

bye bye FE1's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for anyone else who may not be as lucky - persevere persevere persevere

tks to all for the brilliant advice over the last few months on boards!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

OH HOLY GOD JESUS CHRIST SUPERMAN I AM DONE WITH THE FE1S

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Charlie D

Got my 5, i'm shaking:)

After a miserable pass two fail two last time, but it does mean you have a better idea of what to expect next time.

I did a contract re-check on 45 last time and it didn't move but new examiner this time so who knows. I still regret not checking my other one as you always have that thought of what if...

Does anyone know the timetable for March? equity moved around between March and Septmber this time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

I mean I got the last one. I'm somewhat elated, that's an understatement. Ecstacic would be colser to the mark.

As lab lab says, thanks to everyone on the forum for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Sheedy

sin0city wrote: »
    OH HOLY GOD JESUS CHRIST SUPERMAN I AM DONE WITH THE FE1S

ME TOO!!!WOOHOO thank you Holy God Jesus Christ Superman!!! :D:D:D

my contract result was somewhat disappointing... very close to the wire.....

how did everyone else do

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cooper10

Ah lads I'm gutted.

These were my 'last' set and while I'm happy I passed Comp & EU (I was the one with 4 days to study for EU!!) I got 43 in Constitutional. Knew it was a bad paper and all but I was really hoping :(

I've never failed one before so what do people think? Is 7% too great of a leap? I can't even remember much about the exam now but I do remember thinking it was pretty bad.

Congrats to everyone who's done....I wish I was one of ye!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

cooper10 wrote: »
    Ah lads I'm gutted.

These were my 'last' set and while I'm happy I passed Comp & EU (I was the one with 4 days to study for EU!!) I got 43 in Constitutional. Knew it was a bad paper and all but I was really hoping :(

I've never failed one before so what do people think? Is 7% too great of a leap? I can't even remember much about the exam now but I do remember thinking it was pretty bad.

Congrats to everyone who's done....I wish I was one of ye!!!

I got the same result as you but I thought I did a good paper. Got 4, what I thought to be, strong questions. One of my questions was blagged a bit. Definetly getting a rechecked because I feel I deserved much better

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cooper10

Hogzy wrote: »
    I got the same result as you but I thought I did a good paper. Got 4, what I thought to be, strong questions. One of my questions was blagged a bit. Definetly getting a rechecked because I feel I deserved much better

I was just looking back at the posts there around the time of the Const. exam and it all came flooding back!! I did a good privacy qs and the medical right to die one (I literally knew that off by heart) BUT I know the case qs I did was rubbish and possibly the prob. qs although I'm pretty sure I hit right to property etc so yeh while I wasn't expecting 80%, I thought I'd hit 50. I think 7% is too much to hope for though and I don't have €120 to take a chance with because if I still fail it I'll need another €110 to sit the bloody thing again. :(:(

Dear Santa, this year I'd like vouchers for the law society so I can get my paper re-checked ;)

JCJCJC wrote: »
    been there too last year, now have six passed so it's just a temporary set-back to be overcome, a great character-building opportunity. Choose your best subjects next time, and bust your ass on three of them to get on the score sheet.

JC

JC, would you recommend I picked up a 5th subject? My subjects were company, equity, criminal and contract.

Im tempted to either pick up property, or to drop a subject and take property in its place. Or, just stick with the same subjects.

Any advise appreciated I'm heartbroken at this moment in time :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Passed equity, tort and property but failed contract (39%). Pretty relieved as I really had no idea how these exams would go. I doubt a recheck on contract is going to find me 11% somewhere, so I'm content enough preparing the next 5 for March now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement