Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MoneyMilo

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone attended the recent talk by Eoin Carolan?

Would it be possible for anyone who went to pass on any info that could be helpful such as the recent important cases? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭-aboutagirl-

MoneyMilo wrote: »
    Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone attended the recent talk by Eoin Carolan?

Would it be possible for anyone who went to pass on any info that could be helpful such as the recent important cases? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

The cases he discussed were:

Nottinghamshire County Council v B [2011] IESC 48 (Family law, adoption)

Joyce v District Judge Brady [2011] IESC 36 (Legal aid)

Dellway v NAMA [2011] IESC 14 (Fair procedures)

Caldwell v Mahon [2011] IESC 21 (Fair procedures - following on from Dellway)

John Grace Fried Chicken Ltd v Catering JLC & Ors (Art15.2)

Kinsella v Governor of Mountjoy [2011] IEHC 235

BG v District Judge Murphy (No.2) [2011] IEHC 445 (Art 40.1)

HSE v McAnaspie [2011] IEHC 477 (Art 34.1 & in camera rule)

HSE v X [2011] IEHC 326 (Right to life)

Efe v MJELR [2011] IEHC 214 (Reasonableness/O'Keefe/Meadows)

Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MoneyMilo

The cases he discussed were:

Nottinghamshire County Council v B [2011] IESC 48 (Family law, adoption)

Joyce v District Judge Brady [2011] IESC 36 (Legal aid)

Dellway v NAMA [2011] IESC 14 (Fair procedures)

Caldwell v Mahon [2011] IESC 21 (Fair procedures - following on from Dellway)

John Grace Fried Chicken Ltd v Catering JLC & Ors (Art15.2)

Kinsella v Governor of Mountjoy [2011] IEHC 235

BG v District Judge Murphy (No.2) [2011] IEHC 445 (Art 40.1)

HSE v McAnaspie [2011] IEHC 477 (Art 34.1 & in camera rule)

HSE v X [2011] IEHC 326 (Right to life)

Efe v MJELR [2011] IEHC 214 (Reasonableness/O'Keefe/Meadows)

Hope that helps :)

Great, thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭randomuser77

Does anyone have any good materials on the relevant points of the Civil Partnership and Certain Rights and Obligations of Cohabitants Act 2010? I can swap a document I've put together on the key points of LCLRA 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Ned_led16

Hi All,
    Company is gonna be my Ghost fourth

Is there anything you would be mad to leave out for company law. Really dont think ill pass it but maybe i should prepare basic notes on 7 topics and really go for a blatant fluke and try and wing it! (i know very little style and class but im way put of my depth here) !! lol

Any tips on which are the easiest topics which may be likely to appear in March !!

I have upto date answers on comp, tort, crim, prop and eu!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭birdie89

Does anyone have any good materials on the relevant points of the Civil Partnership and Certain Rights and Obligations of Cohabitants Act 2010? I can swap a document I've put together on the key points of LCLRA 2009.

for October I used the actual act and its memorandum for detail - answered a question on it and passed! so have a look :)

i also used this publication from the firm mops:

https://marketing.mop.ie/rs/vm.ashx?ct=24F76A1FD4AE4EE0CDD881AED12B921991907ABFDA9818CF5AE175767CEAC80BDF417

• Registered Users Posts: 19 05588081

Hi Guys,

Would anybody have the Examiner's reports for the last two sittings for Company or Equity.

pm if you would be willing to forward it on.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

05588081 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Would anybody have the Examiner's reports for the last two sittings for Company or Equity.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Thanks

You can buy the examiner's reports and exam papers from the law society's website, they're 6 euro each.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

chops018 wrote: »
    You can buy them from the law society's website, they're 6 euro each.
    You can buy them from the law society's website, they're 6 euro each.

You can buy the examiner's reports and exam papers from the law society's website, there 6 euro each.

You can buy the examiner's reports and exam papers from the law society's website, they're 6 euro each.

Do you have any idea where you can get them though? And how much they cost?

:P

Hogzy wrote: »
    Do you have any idea where you can get them though? And how much they cost?

:P

Haha, I didn't mean that, kept pressing submit post but it wouldn't load on to the next page.... edited them anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭wez99950

Is it possible, at this point, to change a subject you've signed up to sit for another? Does anyone know?

I sent my application off on the 30th of January. It was delivered on the 31st (according to An Post Tracking) but i still have not received confirmation of my application.

Is there anyone else in the same boat? Im starting to get a little anxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭birdie89

I sent my application off on the 30th of January. It was delivered on the 31st (according to An Post Tracking) but i still have not received confirmation of my application.

my friend didnt get hers and she rang and confirmed with the law society that they had her application. I would ring them if I was you

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

Hey Hogzy,

I haven't received any confirmation either. But I paid by cheque, so I know from my bank account records that the Law Society cashed my cheque.

Should be getting the exam number in the post soon [hopefully].

I got my confirmation letter few days after I sent the application. They said they would send further info closer to the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Ned_led16

Id check if i was you - otherwise you might have to defer till Oct Hogzy! Sure all the time u spend on posts here on boards - surely u have time to call the law society! :P

Ned_led16 wrote: »
    Sure all the time u spend on posts here on boards - surely u have time to call the law society! :P

I never said i didnt have time to call the law society but i get that you were trying to be cheeky.
    Using the same website for 5 years will generally build up your post count. I dont think 2-3 posts per day suggests an excessive amount either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brannid3

Hey I haven't gotten mine either, mine was by cheque. I rang earlier (and the other day) to be put through to an answering machine, Carmel, I believe is the person I needed to speak to for confirmation. I left my name and number, the day before yesterday, and all that jazz. She didn't reply yet so at least you know you're not alone!

brannid3 wrote: »
    Hey I haven't gotten mine either, mine was by cheque. I rang earlier (and the other day) to be put through to an answering machine, Carmel, I believe is the person I needed to speak to for confirmation. I left my name and number, the day before yesterday, and all that jazz. She didn't reply yet so at least you know you're not alone!

I left a message earlier to the same person. I think the answering machine said she is back on the 27th of Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 15 copious

hey guys, about to sink my teeth into Equity and am just wondering what would ye recommend as banker topics? iv heard somewhere that if it was asked in the last sitting that it probs wont be repeated topic subsection wise? true?

iv been searching this thread for topics recommended for this sitting but cant seem to see any? know im being a pain in the ass but could anyone show me a little guidance please? would be greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭rbag

Hi I can't find the thread for the fe1 manuals etc is it closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 donners87

rbag wrote: »
    Hi I can't find the thread for the fe1 manuals etc is it closed?

this is it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056512376

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

wez99950 wrote: »
    Is it possible, at this point, to change a subject you've signed up to sit for another? Does anyone know?

Yeah I swapped subjects around this time before the last sitting, just ring the law society and they will do it over the phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lolita60

copious wrote: »
    hey guys, about to sink my teeth into Equity and am just wondering what would ye recommend as banker topics? iv heard somewhere that if it was asked in the last sitting that it probs wont be repeated topic subsection wise? true?

iv been searching this thread for topics recommended for this sitting but cant seem to see any? know im being a pain in the ass but could anyone show me a little guidance please? would be greatly appreciated :)

Equity seems to be one of those subjects that its difficult to rely on bankers...Last September Secret Trusts was the topic everyone was giving but it didn't come up so here's hoping it will make an appearance this time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lolita60

Any tips on what topics could be left out when it comes to Contract?? I'm working out of the City Colleges Manual... Have covered
    Offer, Consideration, Estoppel, Intention to Create Legal Relations, Privity, Consumer Contracts, Misrep, Duress and Remedies so far!!!

Seems to be the most tedious subject for me so far :/

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sofakingood

Hi guys, I am looking for sample answers for Property and Criminal.

I am willing to swap Equity and Contract answers in return.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭JLex

Hello, bit confused with what to study for contract. Any suggestions? what are the bankers with the new examiner? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement