Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭JLex

Hello
    Any suggestions for what can come up ? on the top of freedoms, religion, family and edu, rights, separation of power, i have been studying the president, const interpretation. anything else? cheers
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 copious

lolita60 wrote: »
    Equity seems to be one of those subjects that its difficult to rely on bankers...Last September Secret Trusts was the topic everyone was giving but it didn't come up so here's hoping it will make an appearance this time!!

Yeah hope so I suppose, what topic are you thinking of doing?

juliach wrote: »
    Hello, bit confused with what to study for contract. Any suggestions? what are the bankers with the new examiner? :confused:

hey! For Contract I studied

Offer & Acceptance
    Consideration
    Privity
    Estoppel
    Consideration
    Capacity (infants is frequent enough and is nice to learn off for an essay-few pages-i have a sample answer im learning if you wanna PM me i can send it on to you?)
    Mistake
    Misrepresentation
    Illegality of Contracts (if I get time)
    Discharge
    Remedies

The last 2 are v NB, as is the first. With the others Im hoping to get the 5..
    I can send you on a grid if you like? it only runs until March 2011 though apologies...also, didnt have a clue there was a new examiner (wouldnt be the most in tune with these kinds of things!), hope theyre nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭JLex

copious wrote: »
    hey! For Contract I studied

Offer & Acceptance
    Consideration
    Privity
    Estoppel
    Consideration
    Capacity (infants is frequent enough and is nice to learn off for an essay-few pages-i have a sample answer im learning if you wanna PM me i can send it on to you?)
    Mistake
    Misrepresentation
    Illegality of Contracts (if I get time)
    Discharge
    Remedies

The last 2 are v NB, as is the first. With the others Im hoping to get the 5..
    I can send you on a grid if you like? it only runs until March 2011 though apologies...also, didnt have a clue there was a new examiner (wouldnt be the most in tune with these kinds of things!), hope theyre nice :)

BC from UCD, is not an examiner anymore.... there is a new lady from Galway ( i think) ......thanks so much for your help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 LSH

Hey would anyone have examiner report and sample answers from the Oct 11 sitting of Company, Contract, Equity and Criminal? I have report and answers for previous years that I could trade.
    Would anyone advise doing the 1 day revision course in IC or GCD? I failed 2 of the 4 and cant afford to do course again so have decided to go solo this time around using notes and GCD manual from last year!!! Any words of wisdom??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Northern Child

Hi folks, I am having some trouble with both tort and equity, can any give me an idea as to what they are studying for these two? Ive seen some on here about extra material, I have only really being working from the manuals, is this enough? hope so!

thanks,

hey guys, just wondering would anyone have any company sample answers knocking around? have piles of them for Equity, Contract, Criminal, EU and Property will to trade all/ some, whatever ye need! any help would be really appreciated!! thanks a million :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 LSH

Hi Copious,

Do you have examiner reports and answers for Oct 11 sitting???
    I have sample answers for company, will send on tomorrow if thats ok?
    PM me with your email address.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Ned_led16

Hi
    Can anyone recommend where to stay for the exams in Dublin?
    Cant really afford the red cow and wonder is there an alternative to the ibis!

thanks
    Ned

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Ned_led16

Prob a stupid question - but how do you know when you need to mention either of the three above opposed to all of them... they all seem quite similar! or do you generally discuss all three!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

hey guys

how many questions are you covering inside out per exam? how many should be done to be on the safe side?

:pac: e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Ned_led16 wrote: »
    Hi
    Can anyone recommend where to stay for the exams in Dublin?
    Cant really afford the red cow and wonder is there an alternative to the ibis!

thanks
    Ned

You won't really get much cheaper than the Ibis , and the R'Cow is in the middle of nowhere, so B&B's and the like aren't really common in that locality. Anyway, these days B&B's charge the same as low-end hotels. I don't think you have too many choices. There are a few other hotels one or two Luas stops from the RC, but you won't save anything on cost. The last two times I sat the exams, I drove up each morning - 150 miles, that's what I'll be doing this time too, leaving home about 5.30 am. Traffic can be choc-a-bloc for the last 5 or 6 miles from the Green Isle Hotel on in on the M7 approach, a major stressor you definitely don't need, so aim to be very early if you are planning to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭UberStressed

Anyone know what's tipped for Company this round? Or what are people focusing on? Cracking up on this one! :(

paky wrote: »
    hey guys

how many questions are you covering inside out per exam? how many should be done to be on the safe side?

:pac: e

Five plus two is a reasonably safe strategy, but you can't generalise. For example, in property, succession nearly always gets you two questions, in company law, directors might come into a few questions as well. Do six-plus anyway in each subject.

Anyone know what's tipped for Company this round? Or what are people focusing on? Cracking up on this one! :(
    I don't know what's tipped, but I'm trying to cover:
    Sep legal personality
    directors
    borrowing
    restriction and disqualification
    examiners, liquidators, receivers.
    something else

That's about my pick so far. I'm finding it slow going - easy to read but hard to recall all the cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I didn't do an FE1 preparation course because I did law at undergrad (last year), have a lot of time to study (only working 2 nights per week) and didn't feel they were good value.

I was thinking of doing a one day crash course next week (to get some hints on likely topics etc.) but I see that Independent colleges are charging €195 PER SUBJECT for the 4 hour revision course. My opinion is that that price is outrageous, especially considering it is €110 to sit the subject and also that it is only a 4 hour crash course.

City College are €150 per subject, which is also crazy.

But, I just thought of something; if a few people split the cost of the courses they can share the notes and get better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 garethj

What are people's thoughts on the Equity paper? What topics are essential/do you think are coming up? Getting down to the business end of the study now!!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MoneyMilo

Anyone in Independent Colleges know if they are doing tutorials and what the times and dates are?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 filosoraptor

Just wondering if anyone can confirm that you are allowed to highlight / underline legislation / sources which are allowed to be brought into exam e.g. The Companies Acts or the Constitution? I know you can tab pages but heard recently that you can underline passages & just wanted to confirm.

Thanks in advance.

Just wondering if anyone can confirm that you are allowed to highlight / underline legislation / sources which are allowed to be brought into exam e.g. The Companies Acts or the Constitution? I know you can tab pages but heard recently that you can underline passages & just wanted to confirm.

Thanks in advance.

If you can't, we're all up the swanee. Yes, we can. I've done it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 belle87

Hi,

Does anybody have any sample answers for property, am looking specifically for anything from 2010/2011. Would be willing to pay for them too :)

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 123A

Constitutional Law:

Does anyone know in BG V District Judge Murphy what is the significance of the remedy it gave?
    It breached the equality article and also broadened the scope of correcting legislative omission by giving the declaration hat he did....or am i reading this correctly????
    Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Have people received their info packs yet? Like containing candidate number etc?

Have people received their info packs yet? Like containing candidate number etc?

not yet, but not worried. JC

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭-aboutagirl-

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could send me a copy of the Oct 2011 EU exam paper and examiner's report? I've tried ordering online but there's something up with the Law Society's website.

I could swap for exam grids (I have all subjects up to March 2011). PM me if you can help me out!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Not yet evercloserunion.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 filosoraptor

Nope, still waiting....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

I didn't get mine yet either, when do they usually arrive? I got my confirmation letter very quick - few days after I sent the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Miss_F

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback from the Griffith revision days on what to look out for on the exams?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭banterful

Hi all,

Just covering Treasure Trove at the moment & getting very confused so would really appreciate if anyone can clarify:

Does the definition of treasure trove still require ACCIDENTAL finding?

It wasn't mentioned in Webb v Ireland, & it clearly wasn't accidental there since they went digging for the chalice with a metal detector. The requirement of 'accidental' finding also doesn't seem to be mentioned in S2 of the National Monuments Act 1994.

BUT all the academic definitions seem to say treasure trove has to be found ACCIDENTALLY, so which is it??

If someone could clarify I would REALLY appreciate it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement