Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mojo22

Good luck to everyone doing Tort 2moro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Caoileann

I am covering:

Separate Legal Personality
    Borrowing
    Directors (including model reg 80, legislative controls, common law duties, to whom duties are owed and types)
    Fradulent and Reckless Trading
    Restrictions and Disqualification
    Shareholder Protection
    Transfer and Transmission of Shares (but nothing else on shares!)
    Examinership
    Compulsory Grounds of Winding up (but not the rest of liquidation)
    Disposition of Corporate Assets
    Ultra Vires
    Consequences of Incorporation

Then if time section 25, articles of assoc.

I am worried about leaving out receivers and Corporate authority. Should I be okay with my list or would you add these two also?

Please God tomorrow goes reeeeeally slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mojo22

Caoileann wrote: »
    I am covering:

Separate Legal Personality
    Borrowing
    Directors (including model reg 80, legislative controls, common law duties, to whom duties are owed and types)
    Fradulent and Reckless Trading
    Restrictions and Disqualification
    Shareholder Protection
    Transfer and Transmission of Shares (but nothing else on shares!)
    Examinership
    Compulsory Grounds of Winding up (but not the rest of liquidation)
    Disposition of Corporate Assets
    Ultra Vires
    Consequences of Incorporation

Then if time section 25, articles of assoc.

I am worried about leaving out receivers and Corporate authority. Should I be okay with my list or would you add these two also?

Please God tomorrow goes reeeeeally slow!

I have done the same topics as you including S25 & Arts of association & ROTC.
    I reckon we should be ok with what we have done. Just give a read over them if u have time. We should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Caoileann

Mojo22 wrote: »
    I have done the same topics as you including S25 & Arts of association & ROTC.
    I reckon we should be ok with what we have done. Just give a read over them if u have time. We should be fine.

Great minds think alike! After covering all of that I would just be sick if I hadn't 5 Q's on the paper. I think I'll just make sure I know these topics inside out rather than overloading with new info. Please Mr Courtney be nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Best of luck to everyone starting the FE1s tomorrow.

I, on the other hand, have the FE2s, which should hopefully be a lot less stressful

Also, Luas now operating from Hueston outbound. Alternative is the 13 bus from college green, stopping outside the hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Jev/N wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone starting the FE1s tomorrow.

I, on the other hand, have the FE2s, which should hopefully be a lot less stressful

Also, Luas now operating from Hueston outbound. Alternative is the 13 bus from college green, stopping outside the hotel.

I've always wondered, what's the FE2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

For those of you who were wondering, there's 947 exam numbers listed for these exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

Nice tort exam today i thought.
    Q1- causation essay
    Q2- Occupiers Liability problem
    Q3- Passing Off problem
    Q4- Pure Economic Loss essay
    Q5- Vicarious Liability problem
    Q6- Defective Products problem
    Q7- Nervous Shock essay
    Q8- Nuisance and Trespass problem

I did the ones underlined.
    If i didn't pass it this time i'll go fackin mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Seems grand, occupiers' liability is generally a pretty tidy area, as are defective products and nervous shock iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

My first one isn't till Friday. Just wondering what to expect as to exam atmosphere and where to go etc?

• Advertisement

chops018 wrote: »
    My first one isn't till Friday. Just wondering what to expect as to exam atmosphere
    Great laugh in there mate...it'll be hoppin!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 erinp

Does anyone have sample answers??? I have EU I'd be willing to swap :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I enjoyed that passing off question a little too much and spent an hour on it. Economic loss being restricted to Irish law was a slight curve ball and I was stuck for time so just spewed out two cases and a light dressing around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MoneyMilo

I enjoyed that passing off question a little too much and spent an hour on it. Economic loss being restricted to Irish law was a slight curve ball and I was stuck for time so just spewed out two cases and a light dressing around them.

mmm, tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

boomtown84 wrote: »
    Great laugh in there mate...it'll be hoppin!:D

ha, but seriously, what should I expect?

It's pretty relaxed, don't worry about it.

Dude Its a big room full of people sitting down in silence for 3 hours. Same as every exam :confused: The study must really be getting to you...go out and get some air!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 eggchaser

q8 in tort so was the interference with land nuisance or continuing trespass, I'm hoping the latter :confused:

Yeah i thought that was a bit of a nightmare...i still used a lot of the english cases and compared them to the irish ones. The Irish position hasn't really evolved though has it...always just basing decisions on the proximity between the parties?

eggchaser wrote: »
    q8 in tort so was the interference with land nuisance or continuing trespass, I'm hoping the latter :confused:

I thought the fact he was disposing of waste onto your man's property for 3 weeks was a nuisance and throwing the bowl of lettuce over him was a battery.

• Advertisement

I thought the fact he was disposing of waste onto your man's property for 3 weeks was a nuisance and throwing the bowl of lettuce over him was a battery.

Ok, I got the battery part and I wasn't sure was it nuisance or continuing trespass, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭DeSourire

I didn't do that question for that sole reason-it was completely unclear. and i had done sooo much of trespass to the person. I didn't study trespass to land but I thought that was it as well as battery. No idea though.

Val's predictions delivered big time. No complaints about the paper. just waited too long to start writing however, and I had some serious blanks in terms of cases but hopefully I scrape by

DeSourire wrote: »
    I didn't do that question for that sole reason-it was completely unclear. and i had done sooo much of trespass to the person. I didn't study trespass to land but I thought that was it as well as battery. No idea though.

He didn't trespass onto the land though. It was an interference with Richards use of his own land. Courts would have regard to the duration (3 weeks) and malice (cutting the wire mesh). Patterson v Murphy - active conduct causing the unreasonable disturbance.

MoneyMilo wrote: »
    Val's predictions delivered big time. No complaints about the paper. just waited too long to start writing however, and I had some serious blanks in terms of cases but hopefully I scrape by

Cheers for the heads up ya Pr**********ck!!!!!!
    Been askin for those tips for ages!! :rolleyes:
    I got lucky with the questions anyway so you're off the hook......this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 yunthunter

Since I've been studying in my own little bubble this entire time, I completely missed out on this John Grace case thats been mentioned a few times. Is there any chance someone could sum up its significance and how it might apply to a question on the paper please? I feel I don't have time at this stage to look at it in detail so just wondering if it can be left out.

He didn't trespass onto the land though. It was an interference with Richards use of his own land. Courts would have regard to the duration (3 weeks) and malice (cutting the wire mesh). Patterson v Murphy - active conduct causing the unreasonable disturbance.
    I thought that if you directly cause anything to come into contact with the land it would be a trespass

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Kamilat

erinp wrote: »
    Does anyone have sample answers??? I have EU I'd be willing to swap :)
    What subjects are you looking the sample answers for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Cheers for the heads up ya Pr**********ck!!!!!!
    Been askin for those tips for ages!! :rolleyes:
    I got lucky with the questions anyway so you're off the hook......this time.

Best comment of the year here so far in 2012 in my humble, LMAO! :pac: Glad y'all seem to have liked Tort anyway.

Say two acts of contrition for the poor pub musician, facing Thomas B tomorrow morning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭DeSourire

eggchaser wrote: »
    I thought that if you directly cause anything to come into contact with the land it would be a trespass

Ya but for nuisance do you not need competing rights? I'm probably wrong hence the reason I didn't do the question. I know that with trespass to land if you cause something to come into contact with another persons land it can be deemed to be a trespass but I don't know! I was sickened cause I wanted to do the question but just wasn't sure.

It just dawned on me-god I'm slow! Thanks :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement