Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

DeSourire wrote: »
    Ya but for nuisance do you not need competing rights? I'm probably wrong hence the reason I didn't do the question. I know that with trespass to land if you cause something to come into contact with another persons land it can be deemed to be a trespass but I don't know! I was sickened cause I wanted to do the question but just wasn't sure.

B*llocks yeah turns out it is continuing trespass. Just hope the 4.5 questions get me through.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

yunthunter wrote: »
    Since I've been studying in my own little bubble this entire time, I completely missed out on this John Grace case thats been mentioned a few times. Is there any chance someone could sum up its significance and how it might apply to a question on the paper please? I feel I don't have time at this stage to look at it in detail so just wondering if it can be left out.

It basically reaffirms the principles and policies test for delegated legislation. Just google it and read an Irish times article or something to brush up on the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 erinp

Kamilat wrote: »
    What subjects are you looking the sample answers for?
    I'm looking for Contract law sample answers; I only put it in the title - might have caused the confusion. I have Company and EU to swap, though it might be a bit late for anyone to benefit much from the Company ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Kamilat

erinp wrote: »
    Kamilat wrote: »
    What subjects are you looking the sample answers for?
    I'm looking for Contract law sample answers; I only put it in the title - might have caused the confusion. I have Company and EU to swap, though it might be a bit late for anyone to benefit much from the Company ones...
    I have contract alright but it's from IC 2010 and the grid if that's any help to u I can send them on. I'd be interested in the eu. Pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Is the exam hall reasonably warm this time, and is there any smell of glue or solvents?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 erinp

JCJCJC wrote: »
    Is the exam hall reasonably warm this time, and is there any smell of glue or solvents?

Yeah, good question! And what was with the "cocktails" signs everywhere last time - flipping tease!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 je77rey

Hey, does anyone have any constitutional sample answers? I have contract and criminal if anyone wants to swap? Thanks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭birdie89

hi guys...

iv just realised iv put 2/3 little stars beside the articles i wanna draw attention to in my constitution for the exam..... will this be okay do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

JCJCJC wrote: »

Yeah it's t-shirt weather in there alright...nice and warm today.
    Didn't get the smell of glue but you might get lucky tomorrow.

birdie89 wrote: »
    hi guys...

iv just realised iv put 2/3 little stars beside the articles i wanna draw attention to in my constitution for the exam..... will this be okay do you think?

Stars...stripes..makes no difference as long as it isn't words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

Appreciate any opinions as to whether I should be covered for property if I do
    -succession
    -adverse possession
    -freehold/hybrid estates
    -trusts of land
    -co-ownership
    -licenses
    -easements
    -family property
    will try get covenants done too but with constitutional thursday Im seriously tight on time!
    Should I be ok with this?
    Thanks! Good luck to anyone doing company tomorrow :)

-succession
    -adverse possession
    -freehold/hybrid estates
    -trusts of land
    -co-ownership
    -licenses
    -easements
    -family property
    will try get covenants done too but with constitutional thursday Im seriously tight on time!

What about the old reliable treasure trove? Only a few cases and an Act, easy enough imho. Other than that, you have a good spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Ned_led16

Is there any requirement need or bennefit to do any more than write:

- date
    - exam number
    - question attempted
    - subject

On the ghost 4th?

In resonse to crystal mice i think u should have loads for property - 2 in succession - your bound to get abother 3 after that!

Ned_led16 wrote: »
    Is there any requirement need or bennefit to do any more than write:

- date
    - exam number
    - question attempted
    - subject

On the ghost 4th?

In resonse to crystal mice i think u should have loads for property - 2 in succession - your bound to get abother 3 after that!

No - that'll do. It's a sad ritual but those are the rules.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Ned_led16

I dont have an exam grid here but is:
    Adverse possesion & treasure trove not due to be omitted from a paper at some stage soon if i remember correctly on the basis of previous trends and patterns?

an upto date property exam grid wouldnt go astray if anyone would be oblijed - ive grids etc for comp and crim

ill cover the two but dont think theyll appear - like defamation didnt today in tort! had a shnakey feeling about that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

-succession
    -adverse possession
    -freehold/hybrid estates
    -trusts of land
    -co-ownership
    -licenses
    -easements
    -family property

i've done pretty much the same except i didn't do freehold/hybrid estates- would love 2 succession, adverse possession, easements and finding on the paper- really recommend looking over treasure trove, examiner seems to like it!

Ned_led16 wrote: »
    I dont have an exam grid here but is:
    Adverse possesion & treasure trove not due to be omitted from a paper at some stage soon if i remember correctly on the basis of previous trends and patterns?

an upto date property exam grid wouldnt go astray if anyone would be oblijed - ive grids etc for comp and crim

ill cover the two but dont think theyll appear - like defamation didnt today in tort! had a shnakey feeling about that too!

Yah but...defamation law is all very much changed by the new act. Old case-law isn't that relevant any more. There are so many settlement options and dispute resolution mechanisms built in to the new act that only a rare case will run the full distance to a court of record. With the increased monetary discretion given to the circuit court taken into account it will be very tempting even for determined litigants to minimise costs by staying at that level. Defamation as an exam subject will imho lose importance because there won't be twists and turns in common law to make enough of it. It'll only be rare cases on appeal from the circuit court that will see the High Court or Supreme Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Fe1erere

Hey there peoples, have a small query, Is Locus Standi relevant to every question where there is a challenge to the constitutionality of legislation?
    JCJCJC you surely have an answer for me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Do people think that those two won't come up? I really hope they do I remember so much from them off hand, even one of them and I'll be happy..

Area's I have covered for property are:

Adverse Posession;
    Treasure Trove/Finding;
    Co-Ownership;
    Succession;
    Landlord and Tenant;
    Easements;
    Family Home Protection;

Should I get covering another area now while I still have some time?

You could add judgment mortgages and possible notes on contribution of equity to property law...

• Advertisement

Fe1erere wrote: »
    Hey there peoples, have a small query, Is Locus Standi relevant to every question where there is a challenge to the constitutionality of legislation?
    JCJCJC you surely have an answer for me:D

Usually it will only be relevant in the question if the person you ae advising is an interest group. Something like SPUC or for fictitious purposes the Society for Unmarried Father's Rights Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

You could add judgment mortgages and possible notes on contribution of equity to property law...

I might have a look at them tonight, just want to add something to it.. I was looking at what came up for the sittings from Oct 2011 back to April 2009 (that's 6 sittings, don't have papers from before that) and the 7 topics I posted above seem to have nearly always come up. Hoping that won't change, gonna have a look at judgement mortgages now maybe, just as an add on topic, not going mad into it, bit late at this stage to be doing that!

Anyone even get any tips from the prep courses that can ease the minds of people who studied the topics that usually come up?

C'mon jcjcjc ya knowledgeable fecker! Locus Standi; i'm just a little confused as to how to adapt it to problem questions. I have sample answers but they don't mention locus standi. Are there a variety of problem questions it may apply to or is it just in cases of challenging the constitutionality of legislation?:D

thanks for reply, ok so its not relevant if for example there is an infringement of a persons unenumerated rights by a piece of unconstitutional legislation? No need for mention?.. sorry for pain in d ass just need to be sure...

thanks for reply, ok so its not relevant if for example there is an infringement of a persons unenumerated rights by a piece of unconstitutional legislation? No need for mention?.. sorry for pain in d ass just need to be sure...

It all depends on who you are advising. If the person (human) you are advising is affected by the legislation and wants to know if he can challenge it then i dont think you'll have to bring it up. However if you are advising someone or something that is not directly affected by the legislation then you would have to bring it up I would think.

If there is an essay Q on the AG then you will also have to bring up Locus Standi.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Usually it will only be relevant in the question if the person you ae advising is an interest group. Something like SPUC or for fictitious purposes the Society for Unmarried Father's Rights Ireland.
    so maybe just little mention for cahillv sutton say in challenging unconst leg?:D
    Just got reply thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pink101

Have you got question 8 october 2006 this whole question was on locus standi

Cases in answer were

Cahill -v- Sutton
    State Lynch -v- Cooney
    SPUC -v- Coogan
    Irish Penal Reform Trust -v- Governor of Mountjoy Prison
    CIF -v- Dublin City Council
    McGimsey -v- Ireland
    Grace -v- Ireland

Third Parties
    King -v- AG
    Norris -v- AG
    Madigan -v- AG
    Re JC
    Re a Ward of Court

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭JLex

my brain is melted .....constitutional.....studied everything (i think) looking at due process which always comes up any tips what may come up this time....please....

juliach wrote: »
    my brain is melted .....constitutional.....studied everything (i think) looking at due process which always comes up any tips what may come up this time....please....

Not so much a tip but an educated guess.

*Id would definetly go over Delgated Legislation. Good bit of significant 2011 caselaw on it.

*Fair Procedure and Good name is another one that i could see coming up. Oireachtas Investigations.

*Property/Livelihood

*Importance of Justice being administered in public.

*Socio Economic Issues

*There has been recent caselaw on the Legal Aid.

These are not tips from a lecturer. They are just highly examinable issues that have been litigated recently. Take from it what you will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pink101

Hogzy wrote: »
    Not so much a tip but an educated guess.

*Id would definetly go over Delgated Legislation. Good bit of significant 2011 caselaw on it.

*Fair Procedure and Good name is another one that i could see coming up. Oireachtas Investigations.

*Property/Livelihood

*Importance of Justice being administered in public.

*Socio Economic Issues

*There has been recent caselaw on the Legal Aid.

These are not tips from a lecturer. They are just highly examinable issues that have been litigated recently. Take from it what you will.

I would agree with what you say and add in The President, Art 26, AG maybe an essay on unenumerated rights which has not come up in a while also non national very topical

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement