Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Hogzy wrote: »
    It all depends on who you are advising. If the person (human) you are advising is affected by the legislation and wants to know if he can challenge it then i dont think you'll have to bring it up. However if you are advising someone or something that is not directly affected by the legislation then you would have to bring it up I would think.

If there is an essay Q on the AG then you will also have to bring up Locus Standi.

I have read the judgment of my learned friend Lord Hogzy of Corkonia and I concur ;-) For feic sake, I have company in the morning! I'm here making sangwidges.

You do have to have some sort of locus standii, but it can be broad - think of Crotty challenging sovereignty, every citizen was equally affected so theoretlcally three million of us had locus standii. The antithesis was Denis Riordan who the court eventually told to shag off, even though there was an attractiveness to the some of the points he was making. I met his sister one time and she was very attractive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭JLex

JCJCJC wrote: »
    I have read the judgment of my learned friend Lord Hogzy of Corkonia and I concur ;-) For feic sake, I have company in the morning! I'm here making sangwidges.

You do have to have some sort of locus standii, but it can be broad - think of Crotty challenging sovereignty, every citizen was equally affected so theoretlcally three million of us had locus standii. The antithesis was Denis Riordan who the court eventually told to shag off, even though there was an attractiveness to the some of the points he was making. I met his sister one time and she was very attractive too.

Best of luck with the Company JC :) from what i remember in October, i wrote all i knew about 4 topics, was completly stuck for the last question so did the one on s60 - wrote the answer from the act, new only one case for that topic. I was sure i failed when i left the exam, however got 61! Company is not as scary as many ppl think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Awfull Lawfull

Can we bring water etc into the exams ?? I know
    It says we can't in the info, but Did anyone today ?
    In criminal in the October, I had a very cranky Invigilator
    Harass me over having a can of red bull.. I honestly didn't
    Know I wasn't allow bring it in, and really could have done
    Without the confrontation with 10 minutes to go !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

qz wrote: »
    I've always wondered, what's the FE2?

PPC1 exams, otherwise known as Final Examination: Part 2.

Open book exams, weird method of studying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Can we bring water etc into the exams ?? I know
    It says we can't in the info, but Did anyone today ?
    In criminal in the October, I had a very cranky Invigilator
    Harass me over having a can of red bull.. I honestly didn't
    Know I wasn't allow bring it in, and really could have done
    Without the confrontation with 10 minutes to go !

You can bring in bottled stuff (water preferably but I think they'll allow others). It's the cans they don't like due to noise, spillage, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Jev/N wrote: »
    You can bring in bottled stuff (water preferably but I think they'll allow others). It's the cans they don't like due to noise, spillage, etc.
    Exactly what he said. Bring in a bottle of red bull, or boost, and you'll be grand.

How so Joe wrote: »
    Exactly what he said. Bring in a bottle of red bull, or boost, and you'll be grand.

Right now a bottle of Redbreast is what I'd like. I dose up on Lucozade for a booster before going in, and then use bottled water inside, no problems. You'd want something, three hours is a long haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Right now a bottle of Redbreast is what I'd like. I dose up on Lucozade for a booster before going in, and then use bottled water inside, no problems. You'd want something, three hours is a long haul.

When I sat them used to bring in a bottle of lucozade and a cereal bar - did the job to get me through!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

I always found them very lenient about that stuff, I used to bring in a bottle of water and a chocolate bar, but I saw others with energy drinks and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Jev/N wrote: »
    PPC1 exams, otherwise known as Final Examination: Part 2.

Open book exams, weird method of studying

Is there many FE2's to do??

Often wondered about them - could be a while yet though before I get to them! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭DeSourire

dinemo6 wrote: »
    Is there many FE2's to do??

Often wondered about them - could be a while yet though before I get to them! :(

They are on in the afternoon, same days as FE1s-for PPC1 there's 4 exams, open book but no choice (i think).

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭JLex

pink101 wrote: »
    I would agree with what you say and add in The President, Art 26, AG maybe an essay on unenumerated rights which has not come up in a while also non national very topical

Would you think family and rights of children are relevant too? just doing revsion on this . think this can come up as this is a hot topic at the mo........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Having a minor panic attack here. I sat my obligatory '4th' exam today. All i did was put my number, date, exam on the copy. I wrote a note inside explaining. Am i screwed?? I read a post saying u have to 'attempt' a question?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

DeSourire wrote: »
    They are on in the afternoon, same days as FE1s-for PPC1 there's 4 exams, open book but no choice (i think).

Only 4 exams for PPC1?
    That's not bad....

No choice doesn't sound very nice but when they're open book I guess you can't complain..
    Although have never actually sat an open book exam..

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    Having a minor panic attack here. I sat my obligatory '4th' exam today. All i did was put my number, date, exam on the copy. I wrote a note inside explaining. Am i screwed?? I read a post saying u have to 'attempt' a question?

Relax. You have to 'sit' it, not attempt it. Read what the lawsoc sent you.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭randomuser77

I've passed my first three and now I'm supposed to sit the remaining five having paid my fees etc. I'm going to drop one though, do I still need to sit it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Re: FE"2". Is it not a bit redundant calling them "FE" when in fact they are PPC1?

So FE1 = what we're all doing now.
    FE2 = PPC1 and PPC2.

?

Best of luck to all
    Of us doing company today !!!! Got 42 in oct on
    Four questions so hoping I get there this time ....

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Ned_led16

Are these two topics not very similar - is there a sim ple way to distinguish the two - twould be a shame to spend 35 mins writing about one and mixing it up for another! instant fail!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭randomuser77

Interesting question re treasure trove. If an item is found in land then it is owned by the owner of the the land. What's the story though where the person who owns the land doesn't occupy it? If an item is found in leased land, does the item go to the lessee or the lessor?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Relax. You have to 'sit' it, not attempt it. Read what the lawsoc sent you.
    of course i read it! 5 times over since I received it! However there was a post on here saying that the 4 criterion are number, subject, date AND 'question(s) attempted' It just put me off, considering what a frivilous group the Law Society can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭banterful

Interesting question re treasure trove. If an item is found in land then it is owned by the owner of the the land. What's the story though where the person who owns the land doesn't occupy it? If an item is found in leased land, does the item go to the lessee or the lessor?

That's something I was confused about when studying it too...any thoughts on this would be v welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 yunthunter

It basically reaffirms the principles and policies test for delegated legislation. Just google it and read an Irish times article or something to brush up on the facts.

Thanks Hogzy

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Philip Burke

Is anyone enrolled in Equity at City Colleges? Would ye have a copy of that Exam Review Document that Philip gave out at the tutorial. Its not on Moodle anywhere. Bloody annoying.
    Hogzy, the entire document is on Moodle, split into separate parts. Feel free to call me if you have any further queries. Best of luck! Philip

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

The materials really are not clear on this, but I *think* the situation is that the owner of the property, even if its leased, takes over the finder if they had intent to control the property...if they didnt, then the finder takes; the occupying tenant doesnt take any priority...

Then again, and this is total speculation, I would wonder if some of the cases on finding actually do concern a lessee occupier as opposed to owner; for example, I would be surprised if BA actually owned the executive lounge in Parker; I would assume its more usual that airlines rent the space from the airport...and my notes refer to BA as the occupier rather than owner...but any materials I have read are totally silent on this issue so I have absolutely no idea and will probably play it safe by assuming only the actual owner of the property can have superior title to the finder (apart from the true owner obviously), and just hoping that the issue doesnt come up :P

btw, I also dont think you need to show up to an exam once you have 3 done :)

so basically, I am as confused as you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pink101

juliach wrote: »
    Would you think family and rights of children are relevant too? just doing revsion on this . think this can come up as this is a hot topic at the mo........

Yes could be tho it came up in last years papers from memory as did religion and religion was in three parts I think awful hard to know with this examiner I thought last years paper was so hard

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pink101

I've passed my first three and now I'm supposed to sit the remaining five having paid my fees etc. I'm going to drop one though, do I still need to sit it?

once you have got your first three you can sit the others anyway you want if you pay for them and dont sit them it does not matter it is only with the first three you must sit four whether you put your pen to paper or not you must sit the four the Law Society creaming as per usual

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Hogzy, the entire document is on Moodle, split into separate parts. Feel free to call me if you have any further queries. Best of luck! Philip

Thanks for the help Philip. It was my own mistake. Sorry about that.

Just out of company, thought it was tough enough.
    Not a typical paper at all :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brannid3

Just out of company, thought it was tough enough.
    Not a typical paper at all :(

Yeah, don't know what to make of company, I think i made a lot of references to the statutes over case law.Mind's blown by it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement