Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Fe1erere wrote: »
    I see you got your dream paper:D

i did indeed, i was delighted with it :) For the first time ever in my fe1 taking history, i could have made a decent stab at 7 questions on the paper- and i was delirah not have to do marevas!

At least i am in a good mood facing into EU law...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Fe1erere

I'm reading Independent colleges revision handout, why are there notes on the co-decision procedure?....Ordinary legislative procedure hello!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Really was, shi**ing myself this morn! Tackled mareva, DMC, Auto resulting trust, only included the surplus for unincorporated associations yesterday after reading exam papers! Phew,:D Undue influence grand and two-options question..
    Roll On EU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finito

I did muck up parts but overall I was happy as I expected it to be worse, if the examiner doesn't mark hard I'd say I'll be alright, if she does there is a chance I could fail.

As for the DMC question, well, I completely thought that was about something else - Presumed UI arising from relationships and discussed all that, so there will only be attempt marks there I'm afraid, if I even get any for it that is. My other questions were good.. Thought I had a very good mareva answer, the specific performance/rectification was good too, will lose a good bit on the rectification part though, had a good tracing answer and a decent enough answer on UI to third parties.. so here's hoping it's enough for a pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭JLex

got my 5 qs in equity had only 7 prepared :)
    did you hear that glass breaking behind the bar in the pavilion this morning? out of blue, nobody was behind that bar when the class broke! i was so freaked out! jumped up and hit the person behind me! i am so sorry about that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

i did the DMC q first, resulting trusts, tracing, undue influence and purpose/Quistclose. Happy with papers and happy with my answers but honestly RAGING that after all the work that went into learning cases for charitable trusts and cy-pres that they did not make any sort of appearance- the hours i spent and wasted!

But overall, i'm happy.

God it's hard to get in EU mode when your head is all equitable and discretionary remedy esque, and it's so sunny outside!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Any chance a full list of today's equity paper into topic and question type?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Awfull Lawfull

Does anyone think an essay on Fundamental Rights,will make an appearance tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ryan606

I know that generally everything has to be covered for criminal but does anyone know if there has been any tips on any specific essay topics to glance over as just in case quests?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 BroadwayBound

Robbo wrote: »
    Any chance a full list of today's equity paper into topic and question type?

Q1 Mareva Injunctions- Essay
    Q2 Recission/SP problem
    Q3. Constructive Trusts- knowing assistance essay
    Q4 DMC Problem
    Q5 Notes- non charitable purpose trusts, satisfaction, quistclose
    Q6 RT's unincorporated associations (I think!)
    Q7 2 part essay on Undue Influence
    Q8 Tracing Problem

If there is such thing as a dream equity paper this was it! Very confident I have my first two so now all I have to do is pass the two I passed last time.. hopefully I don't throw it all away again! On to Criminal and Contract :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Question.

For the exam today I mistook question 4 on DMC for something else. However towards the back of my answer booklet I had laid out a plan for another question that I was thinking of doing i.e. some cases and points. I did this for the 3 part question and had points and cases down for non charitable purpose trusts but then saw I couldn't do the other two parts so I abandoned it. Do ye think seeing as I completely mistook the DMC question for something else that the examiner might give me some marks for my rough work notes for the other question, had at the top of the page "Question 5: Rough Work" then "part (i)" and set out the cases and points to be considered for that question.

Don't want to miss out on marks from fooking up the other question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

chops018 wrote: »
    Question.

For the exam today I mistook question 4 on DMC for something else. However towards the back of my answer booklet I had laid out a plan for another question that I was thinking of doing i.e. some cases and points. I did this for the 3 part question and had points and cases down for non charitable purpose trusts but then saw I couldn't do the other two parts so I abandoned it. Do ye think seeing as I completely mistook the DMC question for something else that the examiner might give me some marks for my rough work notes for the other question, had at the top of the page "Question 5: Rough Work" then "part (i)" and set out the cases and points to be considered for that question.

Don't want to miss out on marks from fooking up the other question.

Well. I would hope that it might take you from an initial 48-9 to a pass...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Northern Child

hi everyone, sorry to interrupt the convo, would anyone have recent answers for criminal or contract? i have criminal and contract OCT 05 - OCT 08 plus some, also have all the grids including eu, would be very happy if someone could help me with recent criminal or contract answers, thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭brian__foley

Too soon perhaps, but constitutional appeared quite fine. A quick look shows

- 1. constitutionality of CPO's etc with an interesting addendum about civil fair process inputs

- 2.a case note question with Byrne and McGee! That's pretty much a like an EU case note question with Van Gend en Loos on it.

- 3. education (would have avoided this in the time permitted)

- 4. article 26

- 5. unconstitutionally obtained evidence / Cash / liberty etc

- 6. freedom of expression v privacy balance

- 7. livelihood (very Cafolla like)

- 8. general separation of powers question

Overall, very manageable and very, very reflective of the past exams and style thus far. Privacy is there again, livelihood recurs in a style it has previous form for, CPO's and property rights and then two very straight forward essays on article 26 and the separation of powers.

Hope it went well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

HI Brian, did Q1 also involve property? I hope that it did as I wrote about fair procedures and property..

Hang on, just read the rest of your post. Yes it did. Phew!

ananas wrote: »
    HI Brian, did Q1 also involve property? I hope that it did as I wrote about fair procedures and property..

Hang on, just read the rest of your post. Yes it did. Phew!

Well done on hitting the fair procedure / NAMA inspired point!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Well done on hitting the fair procedure / NAMA inspired point!

I used Dellway Investments v NAMA. Brilliant. Hope to god i passed. In relation to Q8 would it have been relevant to discuss Oireachtas Investigations? Callelly, McGuire etc etc

Too soon perhaps, but constitutional appeared quite fine. A quick look shows

- 1. constitutionality of CPO's etc with an interesting addendum about civil fair process inputs

- 2.a case note question with Byrne and McGee! That's pretty much a like an EU case note question with Van Gend en Loos on it.

- 3. education (would have avoided this in the time permitted)

- 4. article 26

- 5. unconstitutionally obtained evidence / Cash / liberty etc

- 6. freedom of expression v privacy balance

- 7. livelihood (very Cafolla like)

- 8. general separation of powers question

Overall, very manageable and very, very reflective of the past exams and style thus far. Privacy is there again, livelihood recurs in a style it has previous form for, CPO's and property rights and then two very straight forward essays on article 26 and the separation of powers.

Hope it went well.

Hey there Brian, quick question, in relation to question 7, the Oireachtas required that the particular businesses bear the cost of subsidising the scheme. Would it be relevant to mention that it is the job of the executive to distribute state resources for the funding of such schemes? in the context of separation of powers as a side issue.

Hey there Brian, quick question, in relation to question 7, the Oireachtas required that the particular businesses bear the cost of subsidising the scheme. Would it be relevant to mention that it is the job of the executive to distribute state resources for the funding of such schemes? in the context of separation of powers as a side issue.

I wouldn't have thought so. That point was angling at you bringing up In Re Article 26 of the Constitution and the Employment Equality Bill, 1996 [1997] 2 IR 321, wherein precisely this point arose.

"...But the difficulty with the section now under discussion is that it attempts to transfer the cost of solving one of society's problems on to a particular group...."

I wouldn't have thought so. That point was angling at you bringing up In Re Article 26 of the Constitution and the Employment Equality Bill, 1996 [1997] 2 IR 321, wherein precisely this point arose.

"...But the difficulty with the section now under discussion is that it attempts to transfer the cost of solving one of society's problems on to a particular group...."

I had that included alright, was just wondering if i could score a brownie point on a hunch!:D
    PS Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Hope the exams are going well for all of you!

Just before people abandon this forum would anyone please be willing to send me samples answers for:

Company,
    EU,
    Constitutional,
    Tort,
    Criminal.

I'l be doing some or all of them in October so said I'd ask now while people are still here.....

I have sample answers, grids etc for Property, Equity and Contract and a few bits and pieces for some of the other subjects that I'd be more than willing to send on.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Kamilat

Eh anyone else freaking out about EU tomorrow???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Kamilat wrote: »

Totally - greatest crap I've ever read, don't even know why I'm going along tomorrow because I'll be back in October gan dabht. It just doesn't stay in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lolita60

Any one willing to share contract tips.....

JCJCJC wrote: »

Totally - greatest crap I've ever read, don't even know why I'm going along tomorrow because I'll be back in October gan dabht. It just doesn't stay in my head.
    Yes yes yes! Total blur! And I'm so freaking nervous about it!

JCJCJC wrote: »

do u think that application of eu law before domestic courts will b on the paper or is it due to be out?

juliach wrote: »
    do u think that application of eu law before domestic courts will b on the paper or is it due to be out?
    What do u mean like Direct effect etc?

Direct effect, supremacy, MS liab. is "due" to be out looking at the grid. this or FTPS FMOC FMOW etc

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭DeSourire

Count me in-i am sooo nervous-cannot wrap my head around it at all. Please be a nice paper :(

Direct effect, supremacy, MS liab. is "due" to be out looking at the grid. this or FTPS FMOC FMOW etc
    Jes it better not be out I'm at it all day! Imagine that would be a nightmare, I don't know thou anything could happen....

• Advertisement

Jes it better not be out I'm at it all day! Imagine that would be a nightmare, I don't know thou anything could happen....
    same here! studying pre ref now :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement