Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭coco13

So guys.. It looks like this week is the week of reckoning!!
    Anyone heard anything from The Law Soc.. Are results defo out Friday?
    Anyone got the email re logging on online to get them??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

coco13 wrote: »
    So guys.. It looks like this week is the week of reckoning!!
    Anyone heard anything from The Law Soc.. Are results defo out Friday?
    Anyone got the email re logging on online to get them??

Yeah I got the e-mail about logging on around 2 weeks ago I think. They are out Friday at 9.30 am.

chops018 wrote: »
    Yeah I got the e-mail about logging on around 2 weeks ago I think. They are out Friday at 9.30 am.

Ohh..I still haven't got mine!!! Mailed them and they told me they would be sending them out soon. Still haven't got it today though..So annoying..Mailed them again and waiting for a reply now! :rolleyes:

Ohh..I still haven't got mine!!! Mailed them and they told me they would be sending them out soon. Still haven't got it today though..So annoying..Mailed them again and waiting for a reply now! :rolleyes:

Well the login is just the correspondence number you got off them in the first letter and then the password is just "password" (which you change when you get login).

Try that and see if it works, if not they will be posted the results on Friday aswell so either way you will get them early the next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Hi folks,

do you mind if I have an academic question I post it here? I get the impression the current FE1 questions tend to cover more than one area in any given question, so long as it's a discrete area of law? e.g. you are likely to get a question that might involve half a dozen different torts in the same question?

• Advertisement

Hi folks,

just to get a bit of feedback. Would you prefer a separate undergrad thread so we can discuss our exams and have a bit of a chin wag about thats happening when or should we do it here? My personal feeling was that it was dragging this thread OT to do that.

Obviously if its an academic question I assume there is no problem posting it here? I get the impression the current FE1 questions tend to cover more than one area in any given question, so long as it's a discrete area of law? e.g. you are likely to get a question that might involve half a dozen different torts in the same question?

Good idea actually. Now that I think of it some FE1'ers might not like being bombarded with questions relating to undergrad and might want to stick to purely talking about FE1's. Be interesting to see how it goes and what people think. I for one wouldn't mind as for me a lot of law undergrad questions were very FE1-esque and so would be similar to issues we are tackling when we look at questions.

Believe me if I thought I had an inteligent enough question I would have asked it in here! The issue being... well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 DaleWinton

Only 2 days, 12 hours 17 minutes and 19 seconds to go to results. Yes, the suspense has turned me that neurotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

honestly, tell me please, is anybody else going stir crazy waiting for these results? I am both excited and terrified in equal measure. I know I am driving myself mad, I keep looking at the papers over and over, even though I attempted 5 qs in every one of the 5 subjects that I took, I just don't think I'll get them all. It's really a headwreck. I am meant to be starting training contract next month up with one of the big 5 firms and I've already sent in my indentures application for Blackhall for Sept, but I just can't shake the feeling that I am going to be disappointed and have to go back to my firm and ask to defer a year.

Last time around, i thought constitutional was fine, not amazing but I thought I did enough to pass, i got 48 when results came out and 49 on a recheck. It's a killer to come so close. I don't think I did really badly in any of them, but I have this horrible feeling that I'm going to be really close to the line on one. Maybe it's just because I was burned last time.

I didn't feel any better about constitutional law this time around- attempted 5 questions again- thought it was ok. I only got 4 and a half done in property but the first succession question will be the difference between a pass and fail for me I think. Equity was grand, 5 solid questions and I am confident of passing that, and I think EU was ok too, I did have to do the casenote q as my fourth q because institutions and FMOG were no shows in the paper but he is meant to be a nice enough marker I think. Contract is probably the one I am most depressed about- I just didn't feel sharp on the day, everything seemed kind of blurry, I forgot some cases and ran out of time and I know she is an incredibly hard marker. What I wouldn't give now just to get 50 on the nose in every exam, I would be beyond delighted, I would literally start househunting straight away.

I just said I'd drop a little post and get it off my chest because my parents and my boyfriend don't understand that these exams are monsters and it's hard to tell.

It's gonna be a long few days i think :( Best of luck to everybody, hope I am not the only one fretting!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Caoileann

Passed the dreaded 2/4 first time, my biggest fear is it happening again but with different subjects :eek: I imagine I will be inconsolable if I don't get my three this time round.. Feeling confident but terrified!

• Advertisement

Sat my first 4 in March, don't have a TC lined up or anything. Seeing as it was my first attempt I won't be as annoyed if I don't get them, I'd say it is so frustrating to get 2/4 and then fail one by a few per cent.

Anyway I'm not feeling too confident, for each exam I got very unlucky with the topics that came up and I remember that I would do one really good answer, then 2 good-ish one's and then 2 awful ones. Each exam seemed to be like that with some a little worse or better than others.

Anyway I'm not too confident, but I am hopeful, if I did fail I don't think it will be by much, and if I did pass then it certainly won't be by much either.

The way I see it is it was my first attempt and I'm not under pressure with a TC etc. so I can just tackle them again in October and seeing as I have the bulk of work done for 4 subjects then I might add in a fifth and this could give me a better chance of getting the first three passed.

Good luck guys. I know it doesn't mean much but as I've been introduced to this thread by someone I though I'd just wish you all well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Darren07

honestly, tell me please, is anybody else going stir crazy waiting for these results? I am both excited and terrified in equal measure. I know I am driving myself mad, I keep looking at the papers over and over, even though I attempted 5 qs in every one of the 5 subjects that I took, I just don't think I'll get them all. It's really a headwreck. I am meant to be starting training contract next month up with one of the big 5 firms and I've already sent in my indentures application for Blackhall for Sept, but I just can't shake the feeling that I am going to be disappointed and have to go back to my firm and ask to defer a year.

Last time around, i thought constitutional was fine, not amazing but I thought I did enough to pass, i got 48 when results came out and 49 on a recheck. It's a killer to come so close. I don't think I did really badly in any of them, but I have this horrible feeling that I'm going to be really close to the line on one. Maybe it's just because I was burned last time.

I didn't feel any better about constitutional law this time around- attempted 5 questions again- thought it was ok. I only got 4 and a half done in property but the first succession question will be the difference between a pass and fail for me I think. Equity was grand, 5 solid questions and I am confident of passing that, and I think EU was ok too, I did have to do the casenote q as my fourth q because institutions and FMOG were no shows in the paper but he is meant to be a nice enough marker I think. Contract is probably the one I am most depressed about- I just didn't feel sharp on the day, everything seemed kind of blurry, I forgot some cases and ran out of time and I know she is an incredibly hard marker. What I wouldn't give now just to get 50 on the nose in every exam, I would be beyond delighted, I would literally start househunting straight away.

I just said I'd drop a little post and get it off my chest because my parents and my boyfriend don't understand that these exams are monsters and it's hard to tell.

It's gonna be a long few days i think :( Best of luck to everybody, hope I am not the only one fretting!

I know the feeling....In the same position as you, sat 5 and have my TC lined up and ready to go..the wait is the worst. Lets hope the rebel luck is on our side eh! Best of luck.....it's a tough road and all of us have put in the work deserve a good result!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hannah 1

chops018 wrote: »
    Sat my first 4 in March, don't have a TC lined up or anything. Seeing as it was my first attempt I won't be as annoyed if I don't get them, I'd say it is so frustrating to get 2/4 and then fail one by a few per cent.

Anyway I'm not feeling too confident, for each exam I got very unlucky with the topics that came up and I remember that I would do one really good answer, then 2 good-ish one's and then 2 awful ones. Each exam seemed to be like that with some a little worse or better than others.

Anyway I'm not too confident, but I am hopeful, if I did fail I don't think it will be by much, and if I did pass then it certainly won't be by much either.

The way I see it is it was my first attempt and I'm not under pressure with a TC etc. so I can just tackle them again in October and seeing as I have the bulk of work done for 4 subjects then I might add in a fifth and this could give me a better chance of getting the first three passed.

thats the exact way i feel about mine, i good 2 middling and 2 awful but i go 2/4 in the last sittings but i am worries this time around il do the same :(:(:(

Have my log in details finally sorted out!!!
    So what ya think guys??? Will the results be out on Thurs night like last year????
    Any idea what time they were up at last year on the Thurs???
    Best of luck to all of those awaiting results on the first four.. Don't envy you guys. Can be hard to get all four (Or even three!) over the line!
    Fingers Crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 DaleWinton

Have my log in details finally sorted out!!!
    So what ya think guys??? Will the results be out on Thurs night like last year????
    Any idea what time they were up at last year on the Thurs???
    Best of luck to all of those awaiting results on the first four.. Don't envy you guys. Can be hard to get all four (Or even three!) over the line!
    Fingers Crossed!

First mention of the results coming out on the Thurs eve last time round was at 17.26 if you look at page 475 of this thread.

DaleWinton wrote: »
    First mention of the results coming out on the Thurs eve last time round was at 17.26 if you look at page 475 of this thread.

i couldnt access mine last time around on the thursday night, i actually had to wait until 9.31am on the friday! Don't know why they release some and not others! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

DaleWinton wrote: »

Excellent. I had the impression that some IT geek in the Lawsoc uploaded the file as he went home on tthe previous evening. They weren't on the proper page until the following morning, but if you searched the site for 'results' you'd find them. there's no guarantee it'll be the same tomorrow, but I'm sure we'll all be trying! At the moment, if you search for 'results', you get a url to a page saying 'Your results for the March 2012 sitting of the FE-1 are as follows:' so they're ready to go.
    Good luck to all here - I'm on my last two but not feeling a bit confident, I have the Red Cow blues in a big way...

JC

JCJCJC wrote: »
    Excellent. I had the impression that some IT geek in the Lawsoc uploaded the file as he went home on tthe previous evening. They weren't on the proper page until the following morning, but if you searched the site for 'results' you'd find them. there's no guarantee it'll be the same tomorrow, but I'm sure we'll all be trying! At the moment, if you search for 'results', you get a url to a page saying 'Your results for the March 2012 sitting of the FE-1 are as follows:' so they're ready to go.
    Good luck to all here - I'm on my last two but not feeling a bit confident, I have the Red Cow blues in a big way...

JC

Mine still says 'Your FE-1 Exam results will be available from 9.30am on Friday, 11th May.'

I can't take the pressure! ugh wish it was friday.. tomorrow will be a nightmare expecting them to come up any minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Not long now!!!! :eek:

i didn't get any email from the Law Soc and i can't log in where i did in October.....

You use the ID Number on the letters we received from them don't we (7 digit no.)??

And "password" as the password....

Can someone post the link to where ye are logging in please....... :confused:

• Advertisement

Caoileann wrote: »
    Mine still says 'Your FE-1 Exam results will be available from 9.30am on Friday, 11th May.'

I can't take the pressure! ugh wish it was friday.. tomorrow will be a nightmare expecting them to come up any minute!

Ugh tomorrow will be a complete and utter nightmare, i'm so scared really. I haven't been sleeping well for the last fortnight. I just need to know. But i don't really want to know. So scary. Demented.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭wez99950

dinemo6 wrote: »

i didn't get any email from the Law Soc and i can't log in where i did in October.....

You use the ID Number on the letters we received from them don't we (7 digit no.)??

And "password" as the password....

If you just click on forgot password, then enter the email address you provided or your ID number they'll send you on a new password and you can access that way and then change the password to whatever you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hannah 1

So are they definately out today? i am so nervous i dont think i can face gettin 2/4 again

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lolita60

dinemo6 wrote: »

here's the link.....

http://www.lawsociety.ie/Pages/special_pages/Login/?ReturnUrl=%2fPages%2fPublic-Becoming-a-Solicitor-CMS%2fIrish-Applicants-Solicitor%2fFE-1-Exam%2fFE-1-Exam-Results%2f

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Hannah 1 wrote: »
    So are they definately out today? i am so nervous i dont think i can face gettin 2/4 again

Same boat. I don't know how I would pick myself up again, inconsolable wouldn't be the word.

Be kind Law society!

Caoileann wrote: »
    Same boat. I don't know how I would pick myself up again, inconsolable wouldn't be the word.

Be kind Law society!

Ohhh.. I hear ya there!! Not long now!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

Try not to stress too much about getting them tonight, it was an error the last time which is why they were taken back down so I sincerely doubt they will be out before 9.30 tomorrow! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MoneyMilo

Try not to stress too much about getting them tonight, it was an error the last time which is why they were taken back down so I sincerely doubt they will be out before 9.30 tomorrow! :)

Did they say it was an error??

• Advertisement

Still coming up that they will be available tomorrow at 9.30 am, well for me anyway. Anyone get their results put up yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement