Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mirm

chops018 wrote: »
    Still coming up that they will be available tomorrow at 9.30 am, well for me anyway. Anyone get their results put up yet?

Nope :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 katiemurphy

No results yet...guess it'll be just one more sleep....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

guys i am going stir crazy here!

Tomorrow could either be a great day and I could be starting my TC in Dublin in June or it could be a really bad day and I'll have to go to my firm with my tail between my legs and best case scenario, I can defer my offer for a year. I don't even know how open they will be to this. There is so much riding on five little numbers that I am expecting tomorrow. I would literally do anything just to see five 50s on my screen tomorrow- I am not looking for any more, five 50s on the nose would be great. I don't know why I just don't feel a bit confident, despite all the work put into preparing them etc., it's all 5 or the high road. I'll be so gutted tomorrow if it's not good news.

I've been on this thread for ages now and I've come to know many names, and this thread was a great support during the exams themselves.

Very best of luck to everybody tomorrow, I really hope we are all successful tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭UberStressed

I'm actually sick with the nervous, have to go to bed, otherwise my computer may explode with amount of refreshing I am doing on the results page...

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Tick......tock......tick........tock

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Kill me! Can't take this wait! I haven't been this nervous since Leaving Cert results.

The page took longer to refresh there and I thought they were about to load up. My heart skipped a beat there :(

GOT 4 OUT OF 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭birdie89

ahhhhh just passed my last two FE1s!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Got my two. Finished with these bastards at last. JC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

OMG OMG OMG I ACTUALLY GOT MY FIVE EXAMS!!!!

I AM IN SHOCK!!!

BLACKHALL AND ARTHUR COX HERE I COME!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Caoileann

I got 50, 50, 50 and 40!!!

I passed off three 50's on the button right?

Equity I failed, was so sure I aced that one more than any. Definitely going to appeal as first time I sat it got 38% and wrote a waaaaay better paper this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭GusherING

Passed my first four FE1s. So relieved!

It's like a huge load off my back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 DaleWinton

Cheerio FE1s. Can't believe they are finished now. Heading to the Law Society in September, gonna crack open the champers! Best of luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Well guys. March was the first time I sat these exams, I did 4 and turns out I didn't get the magic 3. Should I be disheartened not getting them first time round, I put in a good amount of work but the questions didn't fall my way the day of the exams.

Any words of encouragement for sitting the first 4 again in October? Should I add on a 5th to give me a better chance of passing the first 3? (as I have a bulk of the work done in 4 subjects).

Well done to anyone who got the results they wanted. I wasn't confident about my results after sitting them anyway as the questions didn't really fall for me the way I wanted.

Also, in two exams I got 40 and 41, surely no point in re-checking these is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Charlie D

Got my last ones too. Blackhall here I come. I can hardly believe it.

To those who didn't get the exams today just take a week to settle yourself and get back into it. I had the 2/2 situation last March and then did 5 in Oct. Deffo add another as you will be surprised by how much work you have already done towards Oct.

Past exam papers and reports are the key to success in my opinion plus knowing a bit about everything rather cutting too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Caoileann

Well guys. March was the first time I sat these exams, I did 4 and turns out I didn't get the magic 3. Should I be disheartened not getting them first time round, I put in a good amount of work but the questions didn't fall my way the day of the exams.

Any words of encouragement for sitting the first 4 again in October? Should I add on a 5th to give me a better chance of passing the first 3? (as I have a bulk of the work done in 4 subjects).

Well done to anyone who got the results they wanted. I wasn't confident about my results after sitting them anyway as the questions didn't really fall for me the way I wanted.

Also, in two exams I got 40 and 41, surely no point in re-checking these is there?

Six months ago I was in that boat. It isn't a fun place to be but you will pass them in October. Keep your chin up, they are incredibly difficult exams. I debated taking on five also but stuck with the same four. I got three, didn't get equity which I thought was my best so shocked about that but I will appeal. Five may only increase your workload and not help you in getting the three but everyone is different. I'm glad I stuck to four only. You will get there if you persevere, believe me I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

JCJCJC wrote: »
    Got my two. Finished with these bastards at last. JC

Well done JC, that is fantastic news:D Best of luck in Blackhall this September. We will miss your sage contributions on here:)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

OMG OMG OMG I ACTUALLY GOT MY FIVE EXAMS!!!!

I AM IN SHOCK!!!

BLACKHALL AND ARTHUR COX HERE I COME!!! :)

Congrats:D am madly jealous about the Arthur Cox bit;) Enjoy Blackhall!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭coco13

Wohoooo Wohooo Wohoooo!!! I got it!!!
    58 in EU Law.. Last FE1 over and done with!!!!
    Its has been a long and tough road.. Found those exams so so difficult but couldn't live with myself if I didn't see them out!! Today is a good good day!
    Well done to everyone who did well today!
    To those who didn't do so well ..Your day will come too!!!
    Take a break ..Dust yourself off and go at them again.
    I've done it so many times at this stage!!!!
    Bhall here we come!!! Out with the Champers this eve!! Have to get the day at work over first!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Northern Child

hi all i got four and im very happy with it, failed contract which i thought was a banker but in the exam i couldnt seem to figure out the questions.

thought i knew my topics inside out yet only scraped the majority of them, goes to show how tough they are.

- sitting cons, eu, company and contract in october.

have sample answers for all 8- was hoping someone could help me out with sample answers in exchange for any of the above subjects? know its a bit early for this type of message but i think the sample answers are much better than the manuals!

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Caoileann wrote: »
    Six months ago I was in that boat. It isn't a fun place to be but you will pass them in October. Keep your chin up, they are incredibly difficult exams. I debated taking on five also but stuck with the same four. I got three, didn't get equity which I thought was my best so shocked about that but I will appeal. Five may only increase your workload and not help you in getting the three but everyone is different. I'm glad I stuck to four only. You will get there if you persevere, believe me I know!

Thanks for that, needed a few words from those who have been through it!

Only reason I'm thinking of adding a 5th is that I've got a huge amount of work done for the other 4 subjects so it will most likely be just revision on what I have done and maybe adding in of the topics I left out last time. Then with the addition of a 5th I hope this increases my chances of getting 3.

I'm a bit raging to be honest as I did put in a lot of effort study wise but I didn't cover every single topic - narrowed it down a bit for myself - but the stuff I studied I knew well, the questions just didn't fall my way and I had a feeling I wasn't gonna get them after the exams. Oh well, hopefully I'll have more luck next October. Bit of a break now for 3-4 weeks without thinking about them then may start again doing a bit for one or two days a week and then go full lash with study again 5-6 weeks before them!

Congrats again to all those who got the results they needed!

Chops,

Hard luck today! I'm a pro at failing theses exams and what not to do!
    Got my last one today but it's taken time!
    My advice is.. If you want it...Go back do the four.
    I wouldn't take the risk of adding another subject.
    The work load is big enough as it is..Know your four well.
    I don't think there is huge room for topic picking in subjects anymore.
    Cover four and leave very little out.. That should secure you should the questions not fall your way. You have to be able to do five questions on the paper full stop.
    I wouldn't waste the money re-checking the exams but that's only my opinion. I can guarantee you that if you know the contents of the IC or Griffith manuals you need nothing else.
    Don't dwell on it! You will get there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Is 48 in Contract worth an appeal? Any ideas?

By the way guys.. What do we do now!!???
    Where do we access the information re getting into Bhall if you have a training contract?

godeas16 wrote: »
    Is 48 in Contract worth an appeal? Any ideas?

Go for it! Is it your last??

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lisgal

Just sat equity on its own in March but failed. I have 3 passed from a previous sitting but I have been working full time for the last year though so found it very hard to do any study while working. Very disheartened. How people actually work and study for these exams is beyond me! Better dust of the books and go at them again on October!! Congrats to all those who passed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

coco13 wrote: »
    Go for it! Is it your last??

No it's my 4th, got 3 last sitting.

godeas16 wrote: »
    No it's my 4th, got 3 last sitting.

I'd still go for it..It's close enough to chance it! Best of Luck!
    Saying that ..I've never been brought up in a recheck but it may just be worth it!

• Advertisement

lisgal wrote: »
    Just sat equity on its own in March but failed. I have 3 passed from a previous sitting but I have been working full time for the last year though so found it very hard to do any study while working. Very disheartened. How people actually work and study for these exams is beyond me! Better dust of the books and go at them again on October!! Congrats to all those who passed!

Worked full time and studied also..Its so so so difficult.
    You just have to try and tick them off piece meal.
    At least you have the magic 3 and you can do that now!
    Chin up!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement