Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ldjohnsull

can anybody recommend good Questions & Answers books ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ireland1italy0

ldjohnsull wrote: »
    can anybody recommend good Questions & Answers books ?????

http://www.us.oup.com/us/catalog/general/series/BlackstonesLawQuestionsandAnswer/?view=usa

English law though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ldjohnsull

with regard company, we have the option of a few different types of permitted legislation that r allowed in the exam, does anyone know the best and possibly cheapest?????

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Tottel do a pink book think its called consolicated acts or something like that they sell to independent college people anyway for about 60euro to call them and say you want it at that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭page1

Any word on when the results are being posted out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dromineen

Hey,

Have Independent Manuals and Past papers from Sept/Oct 2008 sitting.

Equity / Company / Contract / Criminal / Property.

Also willing to part with Acts and other important material if interested!

50 euro each / 220 for 5.

Reply if interested. In Cork Area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

page1 wrote: »
    Any word on when the results are being posted out?

The results will be out mid June.

Kind regards
    Carmel Kearney

Is what I got from them when I asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭page1

God thats so long to wait, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Scarlet 27

Hi, I emailed the law society re date for results and this is the reply I got:-

"The results will issue early June for the last sitting of the FE-1 Examinations.
    Kind regards
    Emer
    Emer Roche
    Exams Administrator
    The Law Society of Ireland "

I think the results were out 6th June last year, I was doing a revision course that started the 7th June and anyone who had sat the exams the previous april had just got there results. So hopefully not to much longer to wait, best of luck everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 blahsmell

Hi all

Im looking for the manuals from any of the instutions ,

Will offer a very good price

please PM with details

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭panda142

Has anyone done the FE1 direct one day seminars? When are they on again and are they worthwhile?

Also, am going to do 8 in Sept/Oct, anyone with manuals from April 09 sitting, I am in need....thanks!

panda142 wrote: »
    Has anyone done the FE1 direct one day seminars? When are they on again and are they worthwhile?

Also, am going to do 8 in Sept/Oct, anyone with manuals from April 09 sitting, I am in need....thanks!

I did the Company Law one and it was quite good. Alot of people at it were complaining about the EU one which was a couple of days before but, as I said, I only did the Company one and it was good. It was in Jurys on Parnell Street (Near the back entrance of the Ilac Centre) when I did it last September.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

Hey there!
    I just finished a BCL degree and decided to take the bull by the horns and get stuck into the FE1s..
    My major problem has always been how slow i write. In college in a 3 hour exam answering 4 questions I struggled to write around 13 pages. I physically cant write that fast no matter how hard i try! I've always had to be very concise in my answers as a result. Did anyone else have this problem and does it mean a big disadvantage in the exams?

Also; Is this Land Law Bill going to be in force before October? Is it likely to effect us?

Id appreciate the advice!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Does anybody have a study plan/schedule which worked for FE1's and which the rest of us could copy over the summer? I plan on doing 4 subjects but I'm working as well so not easy to find the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 treas85

hi guys,

looking for griffith or independant college manuals for property and equity and trusts, willing to pay!! if anyone has them to spare then drop me an email treasaminihane@yahoo.ie

also haven't yet applied for the preparatory course and just wanted to know which college you feel is better; independant or griffith

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭shansey

have all the books for sale bar eu as the one i have is a little out of date all the others are griffith and fom the 07 year..not lookin too much money...email shaneharron@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Amigone

Hey all,

I have Griffith manuals (4 copies, 2 originals) - 6 in total. I don't have Constitutional or EU but all others. They are a bit old now... going back to Spring course of '08 but I'll sell all plus exams papers for €100 if anyone is interested.

Does anyone know when we can expect the results??!! I'm getting very antcy now!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭shansey

Does anyone know when we can expect the results??!! I'm getting very antcy now![/quote]

i think it was this week last year when they came out..so heres hoping! good luck to everyone!!! last two baby!!

If anybody gets results will you please leave post to let me know they are out, my post arrives mid day and I work full time so would appreciate the advance warning, thanks

Just received this from law society:-

'We hope to have the results issuing next Monday 8th June, 2009 so you should expect them early next week.

Kind regards
    Emer'

Which means we should have results by Tuesday so can stop worrying for the moment, best of luck, Scarlet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Legal Exec

Hi people,

Would give them away but am on the floor like the rest of the country :o

Constitutional X 3
    Equity X 2
    Contract X 2

All '08/09 in mint condition- marked and unmarked.

Call Dara 08 300 400 76 or mail legaladviceonline@gmail.com

Thanx,

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Muffin Head

Results came out this mornin...

I read that, my heart dropped, I ran downstairs, I saw the ominous envelope, my heart dropped further! I opened them and I passed everything - finished the FE1s forever! Did what I always do though, did best in the subject I thought I would do worst in - 70% in Constitutional.

Best of luck to everyone!

Johnfas - very happy for you Congratulations!

I'm in work so will have to wait til later to get them.... just feel in my gut didn't get three. Was my first time. took 5 and 2 absolutely bombed so either got the decent 3 or didn't... not long to find out now!

I'll be having mini heartattacks all day now - and of course the day will go soooooooo slow...

Well done Johnfas, you must be so relieved to have the all over and done with, Amigone I am also in work so know exactly how you feel, i'm ill with worry, sent results to parents house so will get a phone call around 1.00 letting me know how I got on, both constitution and Eu went very badly for me so not expecting good results at all, thought tort went ok but I have heard it has the highest failure rate so not holding out on getting it either. Anyway best of luck to everyone.

Woooo hooooo first 3 FE1's under my belt!!!!!!!! So happy!

Failed contract and company miserably as knew i would but i don't even care....i'm so happy.

my dad opened the envelope 'by accident' and they rang to tell me... contained happiness in work is not fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭nehemiah

Hooray!! God Bless my postman for arriving early. 3 in the bag. Stupid parol evidence question in contract prevented getting the four though!!

Still....:D

Well done to both of you on your three passing. Don't worry about the one or two that you failed this time around, you have covered most of the material for them so it will make sitting them in the Autumn that little bit easier.

Best of luck everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 McShmee

I'm a little confused by the Law Society rules.
    Prior to this morning, I had 5 exams in the bag.
    I sat the remaining 3 together back in March, and passed 1.
    Do I have to sit all three again in the Autumn, or just the remaining 2?

The Rules in question:

A candidate sitting the Examination for the first time who is entitled to exemptions from five or more of the examinations must sit all the remaining examinations together at one sitting of the Examination.
    Such a candidate who is sitting three examinations must achieve a pass mark in at least two of the examinations in order to be deemed to have passed those examinations.

7. A candidate who has previously sat the Examination and who has been deemed to have passed three or more examinations, may sit the remaining examination or examinations at one sitting of the Examination or may sit them individually, or in combinations less than the total remaining, in separate sittings of the Examination, and shall be deemed to have passed each such remaining examination by obtaining the pass mark.

• Advertisement

You just have to sit the remaining 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement