Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

Thanks sorchauna:D, they haven't specified a venue though. I wonder will they be moving from the Red Cow?

sorchauna wrote: »
    It seems that the 2013 exam dates are up on the Law Society page.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sorchauna

colonel1 wrote: »
    Thanks sorchauna:D, they haven't specified a venue though. I wonder will they be moving from the Red Cow?

I would presume Red Cow again, they have been there awhile am I right in thinking?? Last Oct was my first sitting so not sure if Im right on that. Im not sure what others think of it as a venue. Alto as Im from Cork Id love if they still had a Cork venue!! It did say December the forms for applications are up so we should know then.

It does not seem that long, 13 weeks from next Tuesday to the first exam. considering results are not out until Friday it does seem very close!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

The exams have been held in the red cow since 2011. I quite like the red cow venue but a cork venue would be handier for you. It is a sign of the times when they decided to hold the exams in just 1 venue.

Not looking forward to the results next Friday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

colonel1 wrote: »
    The exams have been held in the red cow since 2011. I quite like the red cow venue but a cork venue would be handier for you. It is a sign of the times when they decided to hold the exams in just 1 venue.

Not looking forward to the results next Friday!!

Its a bit ridiculous tbh that exams arent held in every city. Its not hard to pull off. All they need is a medium sized conference room in a hotel. Wouldnt cost that much at all.

But no, instead students have to fork out money to stay in hotels and pay to travel to Dublin. Its a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭KoukiKeith

That timetable isn't the worst for me actually - 12th & 13th then 19th & 20th. Although, in saying that I'm from Cork too so it means two trips!

Anyone recommend somewhere quiet close by to stay up there? Was thinking of the Red Cow purely for convenience.

• Advertisement

KoukiKeith wrote: »
    That timetable isn't the worst for me actually - 12th & 13th then 19th & 20th. Although, in saying that I'm from Cork too so it means two trips!

Anyone recommend somewhere quiet close by to stay up there? Was thinking of the Red Cow purely for convenience.

IBIS, its a 15 minute walk away and half the price of the Redcow.

The closest is red cow and ibis. Im from Cork and had two trips for the exams and had three exams in a row. For that I stayed in the red cow. They did an offer when you stayed two or three nights in a row that it was 20% off and only ended up being a little more expensive than ibis by €30 for the whole three days and it was well worth the money. It is more spacious and a much nicer place. My room had a desk and a table so there was alot of room to study. Also nicer food so you do not have to go far whereas do not eat in the ibis!! So keep an eye out for those offers again coming up to Dec I say. The red cow is more expensive for a once off night stay and the ibis is half the price.

I then stayed in ibis for one night in the superior room as at the time it was the same price as their standard room so it was fine and quiet. But Im gald I wasnt there for the three days. Most people stay at red cow and ibis so hotels would be quiet as its mostly students. Ibis is about a 10-15 min walk to the red cow so its not far at all.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Its a bit ridiculous tbh that exams arent held in every city. Its not hard to pull off. All they need is a medium sized conference room in a hotel. Wouldnt cost that much at all.

But no, instead students have to fork out money to stay in hotels and pay to travel to Dublin. Its a joke.

Even if they held it in each of the four provinces so that even if its not in your own County it would be near enough you could drive possible up on the day or get a bus. The numbers are still there. Im actually surprised they still get around a 1000 people each go I'd estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭KoukiKeith

The closest is red cow and ibis. Im from Cork and had two trips for the exams and had three exams in a row. For that I stayed in the red cow. They did an offer when you stayed two or three nights in a row that it was 20% off and only ended up being a little more expensive than ibis by €30 for the whole three days and it was well worth the money. It is more spacious and a much nicer place. My room had a desk and a table so there was alot of room to study. Also nicer food so you do not have to go far whereas do not eat in the ibis!! So keep an eye out for those offers again coming up to Dec I say. The red cow is more expensive for a once off night stay and the ibis is half the price.

I then stayed in ibis for one night in the superior room as at the time it was the same price as their standard room so it was fine and quiet. But Im gald I wasnt there for the three days. Most people stay at red cow and ibis so hotels would be quiet as its mostly students. Ibis is about a 10-15 min walk to the red cow so its not far at all.

Looked on the Red Cow site & they're still doing the 20% offer so will prob book that.
    The cost for these bloody exams are totting up fairly fast :(

Looked on the Red Cow site & they're still doing the 20% offer so will prob book that.
    The cost for these bloody exams are totting up fairly fast :(

I'd wait until December when the application forms are up, it will confirm the dates and the red cow as the venue. I agree and the cost of the petrol of driving up or getting the train, food and accomdation on top of the €110 per subject all adds up!! Thats even before you look at the courses and getting all the materials.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The apocalypse is nigh children.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sparky29

The apocalypse is nigh children.

:( this is the time where i reevaluate my life and decide what else i could have achieved had i not have been doing these poxy exams.

good luck to all

Sparky29 wrote: »
    :( this is the time where i reevaluate my life and decide what else i could have achieved had i not have been doing these poxy exams.

good luck to all

I think the exact same. If I didnt choose a career in law id probably have a PHD in another field at this stage.

Good Luck to all tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Glinda!

Very best of luck to everyone tomorrow! I am not looking forward to it. . :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Caoileann

Can. Not. Sleep. Tomorrow needs to be a great day!
    Best of luck all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭UberStressed

tick tock...longest half hour ever...good luck everyone!

Refresh overload.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

And of course now I find out that I am unable to log in. Cool.

And their out! I'll never get the marking system - the ones you think are your best are not, and the ones your worried about turn out to be the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Is anybody able to log in??

I could earlier but it won't let me now....... :confused:

Oh fúck they're out! 2 from 4 which brings me up to 6 in total. Shocked though that I passed E.U. (53) and Constitutional (61), yet failed Equity (45) and Property (46)! Extremely happy as I only have 2 left and neither of the 2 are EU or Constitutional! Woohoo!

EDIT: obviously I'll get those 2 checked

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brumbram6

nothing....
    got constitutional and not eu which i was sure i passed...ARghhh, re-check??

PASSED. I WAS BRICKING IT!!

My final 2 in the bag. Blackhall next year. Bring it on! :D Good luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭UberStressed

And their out! I'll never get the marking system - the ones you think are your best are not, and the ones your worried about turn out to be the best.

Always the way!! Cannot believe I got company!! Only one left now, whoop!

FE1's Done, 55 in Equity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

I can't believe I passed 4, I'm still shaking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Passed!! Was 100% expecting to have to repeat company, how I got that one I'll never know! Delighted!

Glad to see good results, Ive my first 4 aswell passed so on the way! Congrats to those who are finally finished! Im very jealous haha

• Advertisement

Passed!! Was 100% expecting to have to repeat company, how I got that one I'll never know! Delighted!

Snap! Skin of my teeth job. Have you the 8 now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement