Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭legal eagle 1

:) Kudos to all who have got traineeships.[/quote
    Please god let me be one of these ppl soon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Limkcliffy

I have griffith manuals & past papers for sale.
    Tort & property Oct 08 sitting and EU and Constit from the April 09 sitting.
    E50 each or E180 for the lot.

You can email me on Suzcliffy@yahoo.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭panda142

:) Kudos to all who have got traineeships.[/quote
    Please god let me be one of these ppl soon :(

Am I not correct in saying that as regards the big firms in Dublin that people either have traineeships or they have not and this situation will not change until after the milkround in Oct/November??

Yup your right as regards the big firms in Dublin.......but I'm still holding out hope that i will be able to secure a training contract with a small to medium size firm............................although at this stage i'm prob deluding myself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

I know everyone is doing this already but if I were you I would be keeping on at the mid size and small firms. Given my experience, I expect a huge reduction in the number of contracts being offered in the next milkround for the top 5 firms. They have already committed to taking on more people than they can afford and they are and will be deferring those people out over there next 2/3/4 intakes resulting in a drastic decrease of new contracts being offered.

• Advertisement

Yup i agree, loads of peoples places in the top firms were even deferred from last year and the year before, they cant continue taking on new ppl at the rate they were and accomodating the people they had already taken on. I personally am not a big fan of the large firms so, i'm hoping a small or medium size firm will come through for me soon !

Quick question.......does anyone know how soon you would need to have a training contract secured by to enable you to attend the PPC1 course in Blackhall Place this September???

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

I think you have until the 28th of August if i remember correctly, but they are apparently relativly flexible about this, if you were to get one within as month of that you might get in

Thanks for the reply, didn't realise it would be that late.......its put me in better mood now......more time for the apprenticeship hunt:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Legal Exec

Up to date Griff Manuals, Griff past paper homework books & 1 Day cram seminar manuals, Companies 1963 Act, Blackstones EU.

Dublin area meetings arranged easy :D
    08 300 400 76 or legaladviceonline@gmail.com

Dara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mollydog

Anyone selling 08/09 manuals for Company, Contract, Property and Equity after the results came out? PM me please if you are. Thanks! :)

i have all those if you want to buy

mail me your mobile/landline number and I'll call ya now
    :D

Legal Exec wrote: »
    mail me your mobile/landline number and I'll call ya now
    :D

I'm selling too;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Jim Beem

Hi Legal exec- €50 for the above and I can meet you in Dublin- I'll call ya 2moro noon to meet City Centre :D

Please call between 1-2.

City center perfect.

Thanx,

Dara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Heineken pants

Looking for up to date manuals/ exam papers for EU, Const/Property/Tort. PM me if anyone is interested in selling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Looking for equity manual. Cork or Limerick area. PM me!!

Hi HP,

Mail me at legaladviceonline@gmail.com or Call Dara- 08 300 400 76 or 01 44 0 99 56.

Griff manual €50.00 + free past paper homework book.

Blackstones 1/2 retail price*

*Check Law Society if Blackstones is operative this exam (usually is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭panda142

Have half of three subjects covered at this point - Company, EU and Property.

Anyone know from experience if I am doing ok and if I am on course to do 5 or 6 exams at least?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I haven't done any of them yet (due to start in October) but I would be of the mind that unless you're gonna do all 8 in one go, it makes more sense to do 4 + 4 as you'll have a minimum of two sittings. If you take on 5 or 6 and fail 1-2, you'll have to do 4 in the next sitting anyways so it's seems better IMO to do 4 and 4

Just my thoughts on it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 catriona86

Anyone have independent college manuals for Equity, Property, Criminal, Consitutional and interested in selling them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ldjohnsull

Hey guys, anyone selling griffith company manuals in the cork kerry region? If so drop me an email at johnosullivan245@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Of the Girl

March 09
    Constitutional
    EU

Oct 08
    Contract
    Criminal
    Equity
    Company

€50 each. Reduction if more than one bought. Cases & important parts highlighted. Past exam papers and sample answers included for each.

Textbooks
    Blackstones EU Treaties & Legislation Nigel Foster 2008-2009 - €15 (slightly highlighted as permitted by Law Society)

Constitutional Law Nutshell – Fergus Ryan 2008 unmarked - €10

I can meet in Dublin, Donegal or post anywhere in the country if you pay p&p

catriona86 wrote: »
    Anyone have independent college manuals for Equity, Property, Criminal, Consitutional and interested in selling them?
    i have all four for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

colonel1 wrote: »
    I usually do about 2.5 to 3 hours per evening. I will also start working through lunch. I have grind school all day Saturday, so Sunday will be my only day to study at weekends. Hopefully that will be enough.
    page1 wrote: »
    I wasnt working full time but sitting the ones in March i had a 14 month old baby and was 3 months pregnant with second with 24/7 morning sickness so found it very tough.
    Discipline is the key my Mam minded my DD for a half day a week and my husband looked after her Sat so i had 1.5 days to study. I also studied for the hour she slept at lunchtime and also in the evenings when she went to bed close to the exams.
    Definitely dedicate at least one full day at the weekend and as much time in the evenings as you can. The month you will have off will fly so i wouldnt rely too much on it.
    For the cases i found the best way was to read the important ones in full or as much of it as you can. I used bailli.org website for this. Its time consuming but i found it really helped me. If you get the bus/train to work you could use this time or read them during your lunch break.
    Flash cards are another good idea, write the name of the case on the front and the important details on the back and carry them with you.
    Good luck.

This helps but I'm having serious difficulty with the study. I'm doing 4 subjects including the more difficult EU and Constitutional and the Griffith course.

I'm watching the Griffith videos online and it's taking me ages. Sometimes I stop the video to write notes or replay bits I found difficult. It can easily take 3 hours to get through the video. So 1 video per evening is all I manage. I imagine another 1-2 hours study per video/lecture would be required + 40 mins to do an exam question. That's almost 6 hours per subject=24 hours a week:mad:How are other people doing this more efficiently?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

if you are reading the chapter in the book as well as the lecture maybe don't watch the lecture? Only when lets say theres something you can't get your head round in the book look at the lecture? I just used the books, no lectures last time and got all 4 fine....having said that I'm the kind of person that gets very little out of lectures. way i see it tho if your going to have to go read it in the book anyway why bother with the 3 hrs spent on the lectures if you are hard up for time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Main reason I'm watching the lectures is that I paid for them! They are definitely interesting sometimes but yes it could well be more efficient to not watch lectures. The guy teaching Constitutional talks so fast, his lectures contain twice the amount of information as the Criminal guy (who is also really good).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shivmor

March 09
    Constitutional
    EU

Oct 08
    Contract
    Criminal
    Equity
    Company

€50 each. Reduction if more than one bought. Cases & important parts highlighted. Past exam papers and sample answers included for each.

Textbooks
    Blackstones EU Treaties & Legislation Nigel Foster 2008-2009 - €15 (slightly highlighted as permitted by Law Society)

Constitutional Law Nutshell – Fergus Ryan 2008 unmarked - €10

I can meet in Dublin, Donegal or post anywhere in the country if you pay p&p

I would be interested in buying company and possibly equity i am living in cork and would cover p&p myself please email me on shivcuddles@hotmail.com thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭legallad

Hi just wondering does anyone have griffith/independent manuals in constitution and EU for sale in the galway region? PM me, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement