Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

qz wrote: »
    Snap! Skin of my teeth job. Have you the 8 now?
    Yep! I see you have as well. Not a bad way to start a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Is it too early to have the first celebratory drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

In work and left my log in details at home! I'll have to wait until this evening. Very well done to those who passed and fair play Hogzy, i'm waiting on my last two so hopefully see you in Blackhall next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Yep! I see you have as well. Not a bad way to start a Friday.

Congrats, see you in Blackhall so! :)
    Hogzy wrote: »
    Is it too early to have the first celebratory drink?

First? No. Second? Probably.

boomtown84 wrote: »
    In work and left my log in details at home! I'll have to wait until this evening. Very well done to those who passed and fair play Hogzy, i'm waiting on my last two so hopefully see you in Blackhall next year.

Thanks, The wait must be awful. If you were really struggling with the wait, im sure you could call the law society and ask them for your reference number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Glinda!

Passed 1st 3!!! second time round SO absolutely DELIGHTED!!! :D:D:D
    Shocked I passed constitutional as was defo my worst and equally shocked I failed contract defo my best!! Anyways I could not care I am soooo friggin happy!!! Celebrations will be had :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Glinda! wrote: »
    Passed 1st 3!!! second time round SO absolutely DELIGHTED!!! :D:D:D
    Shocked I passed constitutional as was defo my worst and equally shocked I failed contract defo my best!! Anyways I could not care I am soooo friggin happy!!! Celebrations will be had :):):)

After all our worrying for constitutional we end up passing, just goes to show that you can never judge too accurately how you did in these wretched exams!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Wretched: Well done btw.

After all our worrying for constitutional we end up passing, just goes to show that you can never judge too accurately how you did in these retched exams!

I'm very interested to see my Const result now. If you two passed I reckon I definitely got over 5% :D

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

From the comments it looks like I'm to only one who still can't f$$king log in....

I was logging in no problem up until about 8.30am this morning.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sorchauna

dinemo6 wrote: »
    From the comments it looks like I'm to only one who still can't f$$king log in....

I was logging in no problem up until about 8.30am this morning.....

Ring the law society to double check the issue, Im sure they will be expecting calls anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sparky29

Passed my final 3 somehow, convinced that i had failed European and Company and i've failed equity enough times that i could never feel confident.

genuinely in shock, hasnt passed into joy yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 noseriously

Passed constitutional, actually can't believe it! failed the other 2 though, anyone know how close you need to be to the 50 to make it worth appealing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jojam1298

Well done to everyone who passed1 Got my 1st three thank god, but i got 46 in Constitutional, is there a point in getting it re checked??

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

jojam1298 wrote: »
    Well done to everyone who passed1 Got my 1st three thank god, but i got 46 in Constitutional, is there a point in getting it re checked??

My OH passed 4 out of 5, the fifth she got 46% in EU. Would love to know if anyone has had success in rechecking. I saw one poster back on page 10 got a recheck in EU after he got 48 but they didnt pass him.

32 to 50 has happened after a recheck from March 2012 so my view is that anything in between is worth appealing!

engrish? wrote: »
    My OH passed 4 out of 5, the fifth she got 46% in EU. Would love to know if anyone has had success in rechecking. I saw one poster back on page 10 got a recheck in EU after he got 48 but they didnt pass him.

People have been jumped up from 38/39 and below in the past so 46 is well worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

FE1's Done, 55 in Equity.

Fantastic news Hogzy, well done:D Will miss you on here mind;) Best of luck with the TC hunt.

colonel1 wrote: »
    Fantastic news Hogzy, well done:D Will miss you on here mind;) Best of luck with the TC hunt.

I'll still have my wisdom which I will continue to share with people on here. This forum has given me so much over the passed 2 years, time to give some back.

As was posted above, people have gone from low 30's to a pass on a recheck. People have also rechecked a 48% which resulting in nothing (I have first hand experience of this). So it all depends on how you feel you got on in the exam. If you feel you have been under-marked then DEFINITELY get a recheck. You will always be thinking 'what if'.

It is official, the colonel loves, adores and worships Noel Travers:D Still can't believe I actually passed EU. Only 1 more exam left to go...the dreaded constitutional:eek: Plenty of time anyway, as no TC in the bag yet:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 jojam1298

yea thats what I am thinkin there probably is not much point, but I thought I did a lot worse in it, so might be worth a shot!

I'll still have my wisdom which I will continue to share with people on here. This forum has given me so much over the passed 2 years, time to give some back.

Am delighted to hear that Hogzy:D Still sad that JCJCJC has left the thread!

Rechecks are risky and expensive, and I was advised that unless you feel you were undermarked, you won't get brought up. However, as Hogzy has said the "what if" factor could plague you. It is a tough call to make. Good luck to all boardsies in this position.

Pricey but it's worth it for the amount of time that needs to be put in to studying for the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brumbram6

is there a point in trying to rush with a re-check and find out asap, or is it one date for results any way??

irkalein wrote: »
    is there a point in trying to rush with a re-check and find out asap, or is it one date for results any way??

Hey irkalein, there is one set date for rechecks, so you won't find out until spring of next year (it is a lengthy process). Check with the Law Society to confirm this, as things may have changed in the past few years. I got contract rechecked, but my marks didn't budge. Which subjects were you thinking of getting rechecked?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Glinda!

I think a lot has to do with what subject you are looking to get rechecked. I haven't had an experience of it yet but from what others have said some subjects have a tendency not to budge or move to much whereas others can drastically change. I am going to have contract rechecked although i dont think it will be brought up to a pass if it one less for me to do next March it'l be well worth giving it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 trueblueterry

Has anyone ever had their Equity paper rechecked? if so do they shift much?

I got 38 but had felt like I passed after I did the exam. Am leaning towards having it rechecked as I have the other 7 passed and might be worth the gamble to have them all out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brumbram6

does aqnybody know - when u get all 8, can you just request one letter with all the results (one page) from the law society or do u have to bring all the sittings to ur employer??

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sorchauna

Noticed on the appliciation form for 2013 that the fees are €105 per subject instead of €110 as this year.

• Advertisement

sorchauna wrote: »
    Noticed on the appliciation form for 2013 that the fees are €105 per subject instead of €110 as this year.

Hey that is great news:D Did it say anything about the venue? Congrats on getting your exams btw:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement