Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Good for them, i was just giving my opinion on matters. I have heard of the recruiters at these interviews actually say that they are very impressed by that course because many of them had done it! That said in the last few years it has been easy enough to get into accountancy firms regardless of your business course choice!

Thats grand but I would'nt advise doing b&l specifically because a few recruiters said that. It offers no advantage for getting a training contract, id dare say a pure accountancy degree would give an advantage. I'm just giving my opinion :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 the bald monk

Tevez101 wrote: »
    please help.........I have untill 1st July to decide with CAO..............
    hey tevez,

in my experience not having a law degree has not been a great disadvantage to me. I did an arts degree studying things i was interested in and enjoyed it. then did postgrad in law.

the only disadvantage for me is that i am not eligible to sit the New York Bar without a Law degree but California bar exams are open to non-law graduate Irish solicitors.

as regards the FE1s / Blackhall place not having a law degree has not been of any disadvantage to me. If you're willing to work hard then you will suceed at whatever you chose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Hello I'm looking to buy independent colleges manuals in e.u. and company from last sitting. Please pm me if you're selling thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Legal Exec

i'm not 100% sure about being a solicitor..and would like more options...

Any advice would be great thanks.......[/quote]

Some solicitors will be appended in the above soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Dante09

Tevez101 wrote: »
    please help.........I have untill 1st July to decide with CAO..............

Put it this way, i did corp law and llb in galway, some of my classmates got into Big 4 accountancy firms and others got into Big 5 law firms. Enough said...lots of options post corp law, galway is a great student city, the course has dozens of modules to chose from and there are some fantastic lecturers. If you do corp law, you can do a language with it if you like, you can chose accounting subjects, economics, marketing, business management or all law subject if you so wish and of course you can mix and match at your discretion. Best of luck with your choice.

• Advertisement

Manuals & Free Past Paper Homework books -€50.00

1 day Seminar manuals €20.00

EU Blackstones 1/2 Retail Price.

Posting and Banking Transfers- no probs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 yellar

Hey,

I recently sat my last four fe1s and failed constitutional law - which really surprised me. Infact my result was appalling considering the rest of my results overall. :(

I have sent it in for a re-check but think i shouldnt hold my breath

just wondering how others found it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Well I haven't done it yet, just started the griffith course in it and I'm finding it extremely difficult. I'm working on the first few chapters of the manual, and am hoping the second section about the rights is easier. I'm not surprised people fail it. It's difficult. The manual is huge too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I went to a Griffith College course but TBH I didnt even use the manuals. I found the place no help at all but that was just me. The Property manual was all over the place.

I just wrote out my own notes and studied those as I went along. I passed 5 out of 5 and then 3 from 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Jicked

Hey guys,

I have my girlfriend and my own old manuals for sale, between us we have a good collection!

EU Law (Independent Coll) Summer 08
    Company (Independent Coll) Summer 08
    Equity (Griffith) Summer 08
    Tort (Independent) Summer 08
    Constitutional (Independent) Winter 08/09
    Criminal (Griffith) 08
    Contract (Griffith) Summer 07
    Property (Independent) Summer 08

I've no use for them anymore so the cost is €20 per book incl. postage (providing they can fit in the envelopes I can steal from work ;) )

PM me for details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

Constitutional Law, I thought, was a very fair paper, I'd 7 questions on it, which when you consider the breadth of the course is great. Thought Id done very well and in the end only got 51 so Id say hes quiet a hard marker alright still worth getting it rechecked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Constitutional law is hard to get to grips with in some ways simply because it is just such a broad course but keep working on it and you should be fine. The marks in Constitutional seem to widly fluctuate - certainly among people I know who would have all, we would have thought, been around the same standard. I got 70% on it in the Spring which I was shocked at, but it probably affected my other results because I did spend alot of time on it.

Through them all now though, thank goodness!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭cnlbel

have the following manuals:

eu
    constitutional
    equity
    contract

let me know if you're intersted

(have some past papers also :) )

Hey People,

Let me tell you that the hardest part of the Constitutional subject is volume.

Get a look at the past papers and summarise the key components- Separation of Powers, Non-Jusiticibility, Rights, Procedures, Evidence etc.

Tighten the summary down to A4 pages with one line per case.

The Griffith Manuals are very comprehensive but also intimidating.

Precis the core areas with the cases after digesting the manual.

Then sell the f*ckin thing on this site like every1 else (including me) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Dante09

johnfás wrote: »
    Constitutional law is hard to get to grips with in some ways simply because it is just such a broad course but keep working on it and you should be fine. The marks in Constitutional seem to widly fluctuate - certainly among people I know who would have all, we would have thought, been around the same standard. I got 70% on it in the Spring which I was shocked at, but it probably affected my other results because I did spend alot of time on it.

Through them all now though, thank goodness!

Congrats on the 70 man, thats fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 kd28

Am interested in Company and Equity ,

or Meet in Dublin- Dara 08 300 400 76:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ldjohnsull

BK2 wrote: »
    I have griffith manual company Law 08 and also company acts to bring into examination (completely unmarked), nutshell type company law book as well (bought febuary) - I'm in the cork city area - pm if interested €70.00 for everything.

Sounds good. I'm in Cork to so would be able to meet. Mail me on johnosullivan245@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Robbie01

Anyone have sample answers for sale in any or all subjects. ldrobsull@yahoo.com

No other alternative as it's illegal to plagerise any college's answer bank...

• Advertisement

Legal Exec wrote: »
    No other alternative as it's illegal to plagerise any college's answer bank...

You can sell a sample answer the same as you can sell a manual.

And don't start hair splitting debates.

If it's from a currently privately accessed password protected college website it is THEIR property and you would be guilty of copyright violations.

I have permission to sell used manuals as they are NOT current.

Selling current ones are different story.

Selling private material from password protected sites lands people in trouble- so lets not encourage such as it could easily damage all concerned...

Legal Exec wrote: »
    And don't start hair splitting debates.

If it's from a currently privately accessed password protected college website it is THEIR property and you would be guilty of copyright violations.

I have permission to sell used manuals as they are NOT current.

Selling current ones are different story.

Selling private material from password protected sites lands people in trouble- so lets not encourage such as it could easily damage all concerned...

LoL - im not going to bother splitting hairs (thanks for the advise though :rolleyes:)

I was talking about a handout you are given in class (not the CIA password protected personal material you know all about) which has a sample answer on it people sell them all the time - you can sell that I don't know what you are on about as regards them being current or not.

There's me thinking you were fixated with all those passages we could spend days reading on Moodle.

Don't worry none of the college lectures reading would have also suspected that :D

Of course there are so many of those answer sheets floating around, our friend shouldn't need to pay cash for one- lol indeed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Jim Beem

Never heard of the above and I've been around the block but if anyone has please let me know.

I'm also interested in Blackstones 2009 only.

Please P.M. me.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭legallad

you can definitely get griffith 'homework sheets' which are basically sample answers of past questions, one of my friends have them but they are currently using them. Supposedly they are quite beneficial to have too.

Are you sure they're FE1's?

I'm still at Grifftih and haven't had any handed in my class.

They must be very very rare indeed :confused:

Legaladd- the ones you refer to are student's notes taken from lecturers suggesting answers, which could be helpful to those who are taking the exams without interacting with college- not quite what I'm looking for & I'm not going to pay a fortune for either ;).

If you are going to sell the suggested answers jotted in class fine- but don't expect to be a millionaire from it.

As we are all aware copying the real McCoy from Griffith's Answer bank is out of order, I happen to know that Griffith Law faculty staff read this site.

Trying to profit from that kind of venture on this board as could end up causing a whole big mess ;)....

• Advertisement

You've just plagerized me! :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement