Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

I think you can find an article somewhere where the writer described how, in interivew, he pressed Denning on the point and Denning said something along the lines of "he never liked the doctrine of consideration anyway". You could also look at how Denning wasn't "into" the notion that performing a statutory duty automatically meant you couldn't pass consideration.

On an aside; Drogba injured / Fab doubtful. Ugh.

Yes, interesting stuff, and I will have to check it out... I was blessed in college in that I had a contract lecturer who (although officially was supposed to be Ray Friel, it was one of his Masters students who delivered the lectures) was very energetic and had a good understanding of the effects of High Trees, Hughes and Roffey Bros and was well able to explain the doctrine in simple terms.So thankfully I actually like the issues surrounding consideration in contract law.

Thanks for those points.

On an aside; Ahhhhh..... as if my fantasy football team isn't already bad enough, I found out about Fabregas last night, if Drogba doesn't play I may have no choice but to Crack up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lilkil

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has contract and or company suggested solutions available to sell? Trying to get through the material and would be much more at ease if I had something to go on as regards skeleton solutions.

PM me. Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pat.Kenny

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows if there are supplemental handouts available for EU and Property Griffith books (dealing with changes in those areas) or if it's necessary to buy updated books?

Many thanks
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Rocksteadykk

Hi All, I'm just wondering if its possible to enter into blackhall place without having a training contract with a firm? So you have all 8 fe1's passed but cant find an apprenticeship. Its not very clear on the law society website! I realise that your employer would normally pay the fees for blackhall as part of your training contract. However, would it be possible to pay these fees yourself and enter into Blackhall without a training contract secured? any help would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Hi All, I'm just wondering if its possible to enter into blackhall place without having a training contract with a firm? So you have all 8 fe1's passed but cant find an apprenticeship. Its not very clear on the law society website! I realise that your employer would normally pay the fees for blackhall as part of your training contract. However, would it be possible to pay these fees yourself and enter into Blackhall without a training contract secured? any help would be much appreciated!

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Dan133269 wrote: »
    No

I thought Arsenal1986 said you could earlier :confused::confused::confused:

edit: I'm completely wrong, nevermind

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭legal eagle 1

I wish it was that easy but, i'm afraid its not. You need training contract secured before you get to enter the doors of Blackhall place :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

It's impossible.... have you not read how the process works i.e. that you aren't in Blackhall for the 30 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Becky55

Hi people, im just startin my study tomoro and was just wonderin could any one give me some guidelines with regards which topics are essential to cover/banker questions in any of the following, contract, tort, Eu or constitutional, also how big of a change has happened to the property course with the implementation of the new bill that was passed during the summer, any help would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭enry

Becky55 wrote: »
    Hi people, im just startin my study tomoro and was just wonderin could any one give me some guidelines with regards which topics are essential to cover/banker questions in any of the following, contract, tort, Eu or constitutional, also how big of a change has happened to the property course with the implementation of the new bill that was passed during the summer, any help would be much appreciated.

i dont know but good luck anyway:):)

• Advertisement

Jev/N wrote: »
    It's impossible.... have you not read how the process works i.e. that you aren't in Blackhall for the 30 months?

Well I realise that now...thanks very much! It seems a bit ridiculous though, considering the fact that there are not enough training contracts to support the number of people sitting the fe1's. Where are they all gonna go?!!!! Just do the fe1's try get somebody to give them a contract for a couple of years and then give up if nothing works? Things are not looking that good considering the fact that the firms have made serious cuts on their graduate recruitment programmes or else they have cut them completely for the foreseeable future! I might just give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭legal eagle 1

Well I realise that now...thanks very much! It seems a bit ridiculous though, considering the fact that there are not enough training contracts to support the number of people sitting the fe1's. Where are they all gonna go?!!!! Just do the fe1's try get somebody to give them a contract for a couple of years and then give up if nothing works? Things are not looking that good considering the fact that the firms have made serious cuts on their graduate recruitment programmes or else they have cut them completely for the foreseeable future! I might just give up!
    Just wondering, did you study and sit through all of the FE1's and only realise now that the only way into Blackhall place was with a training contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Amigone

Hey all,

I've Company, Tort and Contract manuals and exam papers (up to date for the Oct '09 sitting) for sale if anyone interested.

€90 + P&P for the lot but negotibale on that!

Pm me if interested!

Just wondering, did you study and sit through all of the FE1's and only realise now that the only way into Blackhall place was with a training contract?

Nope, I'm studying for my FE1's at the moment but ive just finished applying to all of the firms and ive earned myself 2 interviews! So i was just wondering what the story was because I was told by a few peeps that it was possible to enter into blackhall without a training contract. Now I know for sure that its not! Bummer...these fe1's could just be a massive waste of time unless I find some sort of gainful employment!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ontheboard

Hi there, anyone looking to sell any EU manuals or notes? If you have any, give me a shout please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭panda142

Does anyone have casenotes done on any of the main cases for the EU casenote question they might like to share?! Would really appreciate it!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭legallad

panda142 wrote: »
    Does anyone have casenotes done on any of the main cases for the EU casenote question they might like to share?! Would really appreciate it!! :)

me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 trying to cram

Anyone know if blackstones eu legislation 2009-2010 has the new article numbers as per the Lisbon treaty? If not is there another one that has the new numbers in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Anyone know when re-check results are expected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 stewbacca

Anyone happen to know if they've changed the griffith book from last year or added a handout with updates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭32minutes

anybody with up to date griffith or independant manuals on constitutional and/or contract id be happy to take them at the right price, pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lalala85

I have a brand new Companies Acts. Its the pink student version. I ended up never using it when I sat the Company FE1 exam because it arrived too late. So basically, it has never been opened. Let me know if anyone wants to buy it from me. I'm thinking of selling it for 60 euro...but that is also negotiable.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭law86

Hi trying-to-cram, The Blackstones 2010 book doesn't include Lisbon. I haven't seen anything on sale that does, but I wasn't looking really as Blackstones is the only book allowed as far as I know. I wonder if they might allow you to bring in a copy of the Treaty itself, in addition to Blackstones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭macy9

lalala85 wrote: »
    I have a brand new Companies Acts. Its the pink student version. I ended up never using it when I sat the Company FE1 exam because it arrived too late. So basically, it has never been opened. Let me know if anyone wants to buy it from me. I'm thinking of selling it for 60 euro...but that is also negotiable.

Did they update it now that its the Comp. Act 1963-2009? as opposed to 2006.

I still have the 2006 version, anyone know if il have to get the newer one for the fe 1's?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lalala85

i have the 2009 version anyways

you can find all you need about lisbon treaty here: http://europa.eu/lisbon_treaty/index_en.htm

Also griffith included changes that it will have on the institutions in their recent manuals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Becky55

Hey guys, could anyone tell me what are the main topins that need to be covered in EU and Constitutional??? Id really appreciate any tips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭thecoolfreak

Just to confirm, the Defamation Act 2009 will be examinable in the March 2010 exams?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭32minutes

anybody looking for the newest delaney equity and the law of trusts, will sell for 80e including postage. newest edition, used for about 12 minutes for the fe1s in 2009.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement