Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭brian__foley

rbag wrote: »
    Does anyone know how acceptance and certainity overlap as a possible exam question?

If maybe the offer and acceptance didn't create a certain bargain? So, there was offer and acceptance in the Lee Parker case, but certainty is still an issue (insofar as that court was concerned). Perhaps a purported acceptance could be entirely unclear and "uncertain" and thus it was not clear that an offer was, in fact, accepted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Not strictly FE1 related but watching the news I can't stop wondering why is it that people who have a run-in with the law often end up studying it? I'm refering to Ian Bailey, news said he's in final year law in UCC. Also Michelle Smith (Olympics-swimming) she studied law after too:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 2ndtimer

Does anyone know of the best place to keep track of latest developments in the criminal field? something like a lexology but for criminal.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

2ndtimer wrote: »
    Does anyone know of the best place to keep track of latest developments in the criminal field? something like a lexology but for criminal.

Thanks

Get yourself a subscription to the criminal law journal or the bar review. There you will find update and comments on all the recent important cases...

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Amre17

What are peoples opinions on bringing in the companys acts into the exam? is it worth it??

if so, could someone tell me what edition i should get, what one is the most recommened?

• Advertisement

this is a little off topic but i was wondering could someone tell me what are the entry requirements for a masters in law and what sort of undergraduate results are needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

Amre17 wrote: »
    this is a little off topic but i was wondering could someone tell me what are the entry requirements for a masters in law and what sort of undergraduate results are needed?

Depends on the college; I'd say the majority will have a 2:1 or higher, but this is not set in stone.

Things such as whether they are under / over subscribed in that particular year, or whether you actually studied there beforehand could come into play if you don;t fit into the above category...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Christor

I have Tort manual from summer 09 with suggested answers, exam papers, notes. If interested PM me.

Im planning to take a course in constitutional and eu for the next set of exams.. i was wondering would anyone recommend either lecture in independent or grffith?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 2ndtimer

Im planning to take a course in constitutional and eu for the next set of exams.. i was wondering would anyone recommend either lecture in independent or grffith?

I bought the materials off Griffith and taught myself, cant say anything for the lectures as didnt go to them but found their materials and in particular their suggested answers very helpful. Before I used the answers as part of my study routine I was borderline 40 to 45. When I included them I was passing with comfortable high 50's and low 60's.

As I said they are only suggestions but coupled with the extensive text book I found them to be invaluable, especially as coming from a Northern Law degree.

Dont know anything about ICD though have heard from others that their lectures are good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 tstronge

Hi, I'm looking for the most recent manuals and notes (suggested solutions) for Constitutional and Property Law if anybody is willing to sell?

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mariaod

hi i am looking for all 8 manuals for the fe1 exams. i am looking for the most recent ones. willing to pay a good price.

thanks

Could anyone tell me what topics came up in the company exam in marchs sitting?

many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lalala85

Hi, so I have the Griffith Constitutional Law Manual, it was for the March 2009 sitting 2009...even though it says 2008...I think because the course starts in November 2008. Its highlighted here and there but that's about it. Willing to sell it for 40 euro if anyone's interested???

I also have the Companies Acts 2008 Student's version by McCann and Courtney. Never actually used it so its not even been opened. Willing to sell it for 55euro if anyone is interested????

Those prices included postal costs as well!!!

PM me if interested

lalala85 wrote: »

I also have the Companies Acts 2008 Student's version by McCann and Courtney. Never actually used it so its not even been opened.

Just wondering why you never used the companies acts.. are they more of a hinderance in the exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Aimee34

Iv taken EU in both and found the Griffith lecturer much much better than either of the ICD ones.
    I thought the constitutional lecture in ICD was great, but have no experience of how the Griffith one would compare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭thecoolfreak

Just wondering whether anyone has recent Company, EU or Property manuals for sale? PM me if you do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭macy9

Aimee34 wrote: »
    Iv taken EU in both and found the Griffith lecturer much much better than either of the ICD ones.
    I thought the constitutional lecture in ICD was great, but have no experience of how the Griffith one would compare.

Really? I thought Indo. was much better for EU. The griffith one just read from the book the entire time imo

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lalala85

Just wondering why you never used the companies acts.. are they more of a hinderance in the exam?

Because I ordered it directly from Totel and they delievered it like 3 weeks late so had to use a friends on the day..quite stressful at the time...but i would definitely think that having the Companies Acts in the exam is rather vital!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I will have the Companies Acts for sale for the next exam, a fair price for them too! PM if interested!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 slatts09

09 manual for last sitting of property law for sale from independent col or might swap for recent tort, constitutional or eu manual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pauline.mcc

hey hey guys, just wondering if anyone has a date for results from March sitting? I'm guessing June??
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 kgalway

Hi,
    Im hoping to get started writing up constitutional notes in the next week or two for October....
    I have last Marchs IC manual (printed in November) so I was just wondering does anyone know of any major changes in the area? Or what good sites are there that show changes/updates in all areas?!
    Also, what areas do people suggest are vital to study for Constitutional..
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Rocksteadykk

Hi guys,

I have the following for sale...pm if interested. Good price guaranteed!

Bound copies of the Summer 09 manuals in Property,Contract, Criminal and Equity in very good condition.

Copy of the Succession Act 1965

Companies Acts, McCann and Courtney 2008 Student Edition (Brand New)

Contract Law, Paul A. McDermott (Brand New)

Criminal Liability, McAuley and McCutcheon

I also have a bound copy of the Hilary Delany, Equity and Trusts 4th edition if anybody wants that!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 0435414@live.ie

Property Manual
    If anyone is interested in off loading the most recent property or E.U manuals from Griffith or Independent-PM me-Will pay a good price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 glee123

Property Law Succession Act and Companies Acts 1963-2009 for sale -

fair prices accepted!!

PM please!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭brian__foley

kgalway wrote: »
    Hi,
    Im hoping to get started writing up constitutional notes in the next week or two for October....
    I have last Marchs IC manual (printed in November) so I was just wondering does anyone know of any major changes in the area? Or what good sites are there that show changes/updates in all areas?!

There are a few big cases decided in the last while - mentioned back in this thread. A good update is to get the Gazette or Bar Review and look at the case-law update for direction as to recent cases. 2010 cases that you really can't not know about include the SC decision in Cash and the decision in McD v L.
    kgalway wrote: »
    Also, what areas do people suggest are vital to study for Constitutional..
    Thanks

Search back in the thread, a few dozen posts back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 kerrygirl84

hey,
    so i have the following for sale:

-Property Law Succession Act
    -Companies Acts, McCann and Courtney 2008, Student Edition (New-Has never
    been used)
    -Griffith Constitutional Law Manual for the March 2009 sitting ...although it says 2008 on the cover due to the fact that the course starts in November 2008.

Prices are negotiable so please PM me if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Would anyone have any idea of when the Law Society will put up the time table for the next sitting? Want to organise a trip to the States in Sept/October and expect I'll be repeating Tort (although I'm hoping I just scraped the 50)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 McLawin

Saw a few Qs about dates of results and timetables being issued. From my experience, the results tend to be issued 6-8 weeks after the exam session. Since there were fewer candidates (seemingly) taking the exams this time round, the results ought to be out in 6 weeks so in and around mid-June (June 10th-17th). That is not based on any information from the Law Society, just my experience and that of friends who have sat them in the past.

The timetable for the next sitting tends to be released at the same time as results. It is posted in the pack with results and goes up on the Law Society website a few days before or after the results are issued.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement