Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭brehayes

failed company.... argh!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭legallad

lucilou wrote: »
    Got mine this morning passed last 2....i am officially going to Blackhall......:D

See you in blackhall!!! passed my last 3, thank god this chapter of my life is over! Paaaarty!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭page1

Passed tort, only got 51 but at least its a pass. Only company and EU to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Lads the people who got their results today, Where are ye living?

Im in Cork and the postman had nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ruby83

Hogzy wrote: »
    Lads the people who got their results today, Where are ye living?

Im in Cork and the postman had nothing for me.

I'm in Cork too and got mine about 8 this morning from the postman. Maybe they send the results out in batches?

• Advertisement

Ruby83 wrote: »
    I'm in Cork too and got mine about 8 this morning from the postman. Maybe they send the results out in batches?

Maybe, all in all im extremely annoyed i didnt get them today. Spent the whole weekend pacing myself. The next 24hrs are going to be the longest ever.

ditto

Do they come via registered post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Christor

Did anyone do EU law and if so how did you do?? Cracking up as I won't get my results till this eve . . . .

No just normal mail. Maybe ring the law society? I think I recall someone at the last sitting going through something similar - not getting them the same day. I sympathise with you though. I spent all last night awake and fretting over them!

• Advertisement

Nope - normal post - 8am

No just normal mail. Maybe ring the law society? I think I recall someone at the last sitting going through something similar - not getting them the same day. I sympathise with you though. I spent all last night awake and fretting over them!

Ill give it one more day. Ill call them then.
    Strange though, I thought the people who received them would be living near Port Laoise or Dublin. Im like a dog at the moment.
    Time to open up the whiskey!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 tony28

got 7/8 exams this morning -over the moon, some borderline passes but dont mind that too much, well done to everyone who got their results, anyone who didnt get what they want i was in the same boat last time and if you are considering whether to try again or not id say do if you really want it and it will be worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Becky55

Hey guys im happy out wit my results so I hav the following Griffith manuals for sale, I hope they wil be as lucky for you as they were for me!

Company law 09, €85
    Criminal law 09, €85
    Equity 09, €85
    Property 09, €85
    Contract 08, €65

Photocopied 09 Tort manual €25

*all above include all post bank/sample answers and exam grids

* also for sale nutshells for company, criminal, equity, property, contract and tort €10 each

*Galway area but will post

* PM me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Jicked

Christor wrote: »
    Did anyone do EU law and if so how did you do?? Cracking up as I won't get my results till this eve . . . .

I did, got 63 which I'm delighted with. Finally finished all my fe1s, a great feeling :D Best of luck/congrats to everyone else.

And now I'm delighted to try flog off my remaining books!

Independent Colleges 2010 Manuals
    EU Law (includes the supplemental chapter we were given in the revision course with Lisbon Update and a new handout replacing the old Equality chapter - these two are a huge help especially the Lisbon stuff which got me through the exam as I finally had something up to date.
    Company Law
    Constitutional Law
    Tort Law

€50 plus p&p of a fiver per book for all but the EU, which is €60 incl p&p what with the extra notes and stuff

Also have the Companies Acts 1963-2002 for sale at €40 (these cost €70-80 new and again if you're going to sit the Company paper are a huge help, gave me a nice crutch to lean on during the exam and helped stop (some) of the panic!)

PM me if interested in any

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 McLawin

Best of luck to all. I'm not sure if mine arrived in today's post and won't know until I get home this evening. Trying not to think about it but it's tough. Did someone mention whiskey? Please pass it this way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Milkycow

Got results for my last 2, passed tort but failed constitutional. Disappointed but not surprised, constitutional was a disaster. Best of Luck to everyone waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shaneybaby

Got mine this morn. All done now thank god, 50 odd in tort (in Dubland so had to ring the mother).

As someone who has tripped and stumbled through these things, to those who didn't pass try and learn where you went wrong the last time (last minute, didn't do questions etc) and give them another even bigger bash the next time.

Captain Morgan rum in my desk but think i'll wait until closer to 5.30;)

EDIT: Is PPC1 in cork this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

For those of you who got your results, do you think tort was generously marked or harshly marked? Trying to psyche myself up for results as this is my last one. Deep down I think I may have failed it but there's still some hope jumping up and down inside me that I'm trying to contain.

Don't know if it'll be today or tomorrow that I get the results as the last time round I got them the day after everyone else which drove me crazy for the 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Milkycow

I got 50 in tort. The exam is bit of a blur now but I think it was marked fairly. Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 lawyer?

Passed the 5 I sat this time, 3 so in September!

Have the most recent Griffith manuals for sale in Company, Contract, Equity, Property and Tort. Best offer! Can meet in either Cork or Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Just got a call from my dad, I GOT IT!!

I'm finally finished FE1s!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭panda142

Hey everyone,

I have the following Independent Colleges Manuals for sale:

Constitutional law, March 10, €80
    EU Law, March 10, €80
    Property March 10, €80
    Property Law, October 09, €50
    Contract March 10, €80

Also, have nutshells in every FE1 subject to sell....€10 each

PM me if interested, Dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭page1

mandz wrote: »
    For those of you who got your results, do you think tort was generously marked or harshly marked?

I always find it hard to judge. Some exams i thought i did bad in i got good marks and vice versa. However in saying that i got 51 in tort and i was disappointed i thought i did better than that. I felt very confident i passed it but i only barely scrapped a pass.

page1 wrote: »
    I always find it hard to judge. Some exams i thought i did bad in i got good marks and vice versa. However in saying that i got 51 in tort and i was disappointed i thought i did better than that. I felt very confident i passed it but i only barely scrapped a pass.

I have to say the same. Got 56 and I thought it was def my best. I answered all questions and the paper really went my way so surprised I didn't get higher. All I wanted was 50 though so I'll live with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Excellent, go my last exam. And congrats to everyone else who did :)

I first sat and passed four in Sept 2007 (then did a bit of travel) and I thought the rules were I'd have to enter into Indentures of Apprentice 5 years afterwards, ie 2012. But the letter I received today told me I have five years from Dec 2010.
    Has this been changed??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

got them all (incl 68 in eu!). Thanks to all at UCC

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shaneybaby

Is there much difference between Cork and Dublin PPCI courses? giddy as sh1te to be honest but hard decisions have to be made even at this early stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

shaneybaby wrote: »
    Is there much difference between Cork and Dublin PPCI courses? giddy as sh1te to be honest but hard decisions have to be made even at this early stage.

Cork is a smaller group by all accounts and frequented mainly by UCC law grads

• Advertisement

jacko1 wrote: »
    Cork is a smaller group by all accounts and frequented mainly by UCC law grads

Would it be a bit weird to go to the cork course even if u had a training contract in Dublin? I'm thinking of keeping the costs down as much as possible!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement