Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Property manual available. March sitting. also Succession Act. Exams papers also. Limerick pm if interesed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Becky55

Upto date Griffith 09/10 manuals for sale for,

Criminal
    Equity
    Company
    Property

€70 each

Contract manual 08 €60

photocopied tort manual bound in folder €30

*all above include all past exam papers, examinor reports and a large selection of post bank/sample answers

*prices include p&p

*galway area

*pm if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭thecoolfreak

Anyone got a recent Property manual for sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Anyone got a recent Property manual for sale?

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 BlueSkinny

lookin for Company and Property 2010 manuals ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Current 09/10 Griffith Contract Manual for sale for €50.

Includes past papers and reports.

As new - not marked at all.

Priced to sell.

Criminal and Equity already sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brumbram6

looking for 2009/2010 or 2010/11 equity and consitutional law manuals. will pay extra for sample answers for these 2 subjects. have manuals for the rest of the subjects, would be willing to sell/ exchange in return for the above 2 mentioned.
    Quick sale for contract, tort and property 2009-2010 manuals with exam reports and my notes. 45 euro each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 LegallyBlonde

Hi All,

I'm getting rid of all my FE1 stuff... thankfully!! I was lucky enough to pass them all in two sittings, four and four and not have to repeat any.. Phew!! So basically I wanna offload all my stuff.. I have lots of notes if anyone wants them.

For Criminal, Property, Tort, Equity and Company I have all typed notes/ essays. These notes are a combo of Griffith manuals and text books and are really handy.

For Company I have Essential Law Texts by Sinead McGrath, this book is unbelievable, basically all you need to know (Keane in a shorter version) would sell for 25euro

For Constitutional I have the 2008 Independant Colleges Manual, all new cases are added in with my notes if you wanted them.

For EU I have all the stuff from the Griffith One Day Revision Course, all new Lisbon material in a manual, updated notes and all exam questions and sample answers.

For Contract I have a 2008 Griffith Manual and the Succession Act 1965 tabbed.

For Criminal I have all the legislation that is allowed.

I also have ALL the exam papers and reports since 2005 to sell, including 2010 October

Basically I have EVERYTHING you need to pass the FE1's!! Haha.. no but seriously if anybody wants to make me an offer for any of the stuff send me a PM. This might be especially useful for anybody just starting out and needing everything but I would consider selling separately also.

PM me!! And best of luck to all, they're not impossible.. They can be passed first time round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Anybody care to suggest which EU textbook is most up-to-date and also most easily digested? Preferably not a 2000-page monster!

tks

JC

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lalala85

I have the following for sale:

1) Companies Acts, McCann and Courtney 2008 Student Edition- Brand New

2) EU Manual, Griffith College, Summer 2009

3) EU Manual, Griffith College, March 2010....this was given to us in december last year when the Lisbon Treaty was passed and it was in the form of two books bound together, without the final chapters such as equality being included so you'd need to look at an older manual for those 2/3 final chapters.

Prices Negotiable!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 layzee

Quick question - has the first Irish examination been done away with at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

layzee wrote: »
    Quick question - has the first Irish examination been done away with at this point?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lawyer?

Have most recent Griffith Contract manual for sale, available to best offer, bidding starts at €50!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭hession.law

this thread is getting ridiculous how many people got manuals for sale???

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭32minutes

this thread is getting ridiculous how many people got manuals for sale???

agreed. not that im innocent but there is a separate thread too just for that purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shaneybaby

32minutes wrote: »
    agreed. not that im innocent but there is a separate thread too just for that purpose

I only had a few to start off with but i actually kept all mne after the FE1's. Great help in the office, especially if you have entering a small office where the partners have most of the books. Obviously no substitute for the actual text books but can be helpful guidance at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 OJS

Contract, Criminal and Equity summer 09 manuals from independent colleges for sale...50euro each

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

Yeah I totally agree, its stupid ppl posting ads on both Threads, this one should be solely for FE - 1 exam discussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭law_lady

Back on topic then! I'm studying mistake for contract law at the mo, and I was just wondering, for mutual mistake, do people think it is sufficient to know one older case and then Mespil v Capaldi (which seems particularly instructive), or do I need more older examples? There seem to be so many cases in my notes for the topics I've done so far, I'm hoping to cut a few anywhere I can!

Thanks in advance! God this study is slow going, my concentration is non existent!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Call Me Ishmael

Does anyone know where I can see some sample answers to contract, criminal property and equity...I dont see any in the Ind Coll handbooks...I mean are they on the net?

Also is there a good forum I should join?

Lastly, does anyone still have a bound Succession Act handbook they want to sell ? - I am in Dublin and can meet today, Pls state price on PM reply.

Tks all
    Ishmael

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ruby83

Does anyone know where I can buy Blackstones EU treaties and legislation 2009-2010? I'm in Cork and have gone to all the bookshops who don't seem to have it stocked anywhere. Also tried amazon and none of them deliver to Ireland which is very annoying!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Amigone

Ruby83 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can buy Blackstones EU treaties and legislation 2009-2010? I'm in Cork and have gone to all the bookshops who don't seem to have it stocked anywhere. Also tried amazon and none of them deliver to Ireland which is very annoying!!!!

bookdepository.com is where i got my copy of Blackstones for March sittings. They deliver inside a week (free delivery) and it was the cheapest option I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭brehayes

Ruby83 wrote: »

I sat EU in Cork in March and got mine in Waterstones in UCC - did you try there? They can order for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭brian__foley

Does anyone know where I can see some sample answers to contract, criminal property and equity...I dont see any in the Ind Coll handbooks...I mean are they on the net?

Not to be disengenuous here, but you pay for them just like all the other students who pay for them in order to try and get an advantage!

Recession etc all taken into consideration, its still pretty crazy to think that materials like that are just "on the net" for free use.

Further, in order to give students who actually pay for these things the best advantage possible, you'll find that they are quite specifically licensed (only speaking for GCD here, I don't know about ICD, but ICD would, I assume, be pretty careful with copyright and that kind of thing).

Honestly, I'm kinda surprised by the somewhat flagrant re-selling of particularly protected material given the particular career people are choosing. When the mp3 rips of lectures were offered on here, the "culprit" was pretty quickly found. Indeed, the investigation there was prompted entirely by students who didn't like the idea of the material they paid for being circulated like that. Equally, the notion of selling photocopies of manuals, or, at least, the idea of making it public that one is doing this is beyond crazy. It's nearly impossible now to ignore this kind of thing (and I'm not talking about manual re-sale here but rather copyright and license violations).

Rant over.

I suppose I'm just a little jaded by trying to develop things to assist people in these exams, and just seeing them batted about all over the place and then being on the receiving end of complaints by paying students who feel (reasonably) that this sort of thing shouldn't happen.

law_lady wrote: »
    Back on topic then! I'm studying mistake for contract law at the mo, and I was just wondering, for mutual mistake, do people think it is sufficient to know one older case and then Mespil v Capaldi (which seems particularly instructive), or do I need more older examples? There seem to be so many cases in my notes for the topics I've done so far, I'm hoping to cut a few anywhere I can!

Thanks in advance! God this study is slow going, my concentration is non existent!

It's not really the kind of area that (in my opinion) (a) needs a lot of cases to understand or (b) has really required a lot of case discussion on the exam. Unilateral has tended to focus in a greater degree. Indeed, there is an argument that "mutual" mistake really isn't anything other than a particular way of saying that offer and acceptance have not co-incided. I would think that if you understand what it is about, then knowing about Raffles and Mespill is enough to give advises on any particular mutual mistake scenario and maybe Webster v Cecil to illustrate how the presence of knowledge of mistake brings it out of "mutual" into "unilateral" etc. One may not have enough to do a discursive essay on the point, but to simply understand it and apply it in a problem question context, I wouldn't really see a need for lots of cases to illustrate a very basic point.

The concentration will come back!

Super stuff Brian - As I have already paid for 4 courses in full for ICD I have no issues paying for exam answers. To be honest I cannot believe they were not included in their booklet already.

Do you know where I can specifically obtain exam answers? If so pls state the price and periods they relate to.

Tks for your help.

Super stuff Brian - As I have already paid for 4 courses in full for ICD I have no issues paying for exam answers. To be honest I cannot believe they were not included in their booklet already.

Do you know where I can specifically obtain exam answers? If so pls state the price and periods they relate to.

Tks for your help.

You'd have to ask ICD about that! On your second point, I really don't like to "advertise" what GCD does, but you can find out from others and the GCD site about past exam solutions etc and the external tutoring scheme which can be used by non-students to source feedback/solutions etc.

but you can find out from others and the GCD site about past exam solutions etc and the external tutoring scheme which can be used by non-students to source feedback/solutions etc.

Brian,

I just called GCD and they said they had none but referred me to the Law Society where I cannot get an answer. This is proving to be a very fruitful day.....

Not sure where those solutions you referred to above are in GCD. Maybe its my passive phone manner.. I mean if I just tried a little harder with the receptionist???

Ishmael

Brian,

I just called GCD and they said they had none but referred me to the Law Society where I cannot get an answer. This is proving to be a very fruitful day.....

Not sure where those solutions you referred to above are in GCD. Maybe its my passive phone manner.. I mean if I just tried a little harder with the receptionist???

Ishmael

Boards.ie isn't the place for this. Feel free to call me if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Tks for your help.

There's sample answers available on ICD Moodle -

http://www.independentcolleges.ie/moodle/login/index.php

Login using your student number and password, you should have gotten an email in the past few days with this info?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement