Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor coverage outside Dublin?

• 30-08-2007 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

What's Meteor coverage outside Dublin like now? It used be brutal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Have Meteor for years outside of Dublin and its almost 100% coverage, as good as any other network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

Its the same as o2 i think which is preety gud......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

I am a Meteor customer & I think that the coverage is super.

I lost coverage once when I was way up in the North of Donegal but other than that I have not had ANY problems! I have been with them for over 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

Meteor have a deal with O2 that allows Meteor cutomers to automatically piggy back off the O2 network in places where the Meteor signal isn't strong enough. I've travelled around the country and had no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

had meteor about 1.5 years ago in bray.

coverage was abismal on my road despite it being one of the main roads in bray.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

I'm pretty sure they're teamed with Vodafone now, they moved their piggybacking contract from O2. When I was on Meteor 2 months ago I would always automatically switch to Vodafone when I lost coverage in Co. Galway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Yup, they recently moved contracts to voda.

Also, I've gotten meteor coverage in some areas where you cant' get voda/o2/3 coverage. but all networks seem to have these out in the middle of nowhere areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Had some minor problems down in Mayo with delays in texts sending and receiving when roaming on Vodafone but otherwise pretty solid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭FergalBoards.ie

I use Voda and meteor simultaneously.

In almost every place there isn't a difference. Voda have more coverage in "beauty spots" as one of my friends put it. Remote places you might be likely to visit for recreation. Sometimes you appear to have coverage, but calls don't come through in locations like this. You get a barrage of Message Minders when you move location slightly.

But most of the time there is no difference whatsoever, except Voda has massive congestion in some urban areas on 2G-only phones and Meteor has little problems that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

with meteor years (since free siemens m35) coverage good in southeast and service good except for all of 2006 when servers for wap &mms just couldn't cope and even though i stuck with them paying at least €20/month they had the cheek to ask for €300 non-refundable deposit when wantet to go bill-pay two weeks ago!

• Advertisement
Advertisement