Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bullit World Darts Trophy 2007

• 30-08-2007 1:52pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The 2007 World Darts Trophy gets under way tomorrow night in Holland with both Preliminary Rounds being played to see who gets into the first round proper. There are some big names in the Preliminary rounds including Phil Nixon, Michael Van Gerwen, Ronnie Baxter and Mervyn King among others. It is one of the few tournaments that includes players from both the PDC and the BDO.

The draw for the First and Second Preliminary Rounds:
    First Preliminary Round

Friday 31 August
    Best of 5 sets/5 legs

19.00 1 Andy Jenkins (Eng) - Phill Nixon (Eng)
    19.00 1 Paul Hanvidge (Sco) - Wayne Atwood (Wal)
    19.00 2 Dietmar Burger (Aut) - Andy Smith (Eng)
    19.00 2 Michael van Gerwen (Ned) - Robert Grant (NZl)
    19.00 3 Ronnie Baxter (Eng) - Steve Duke Sr. (Aus)
    19.00 3 Jarkko Komula (Fin) - Denis Ovens (Eng)
    19.00 4 Michael Rosenauer (Ger) - Bob Anderson (Eng)
    19.00 4 Jelle Klaasen (Ned) - Edwin Max (Ned)
    20.00 5 Kevin Painter (Eng) - Shane Tichowitsch (Aus)
    20.00 5 Mario Robbe (Ned) - Gary Spedding (Eng)
    20.00 6 Steve West (Eng) - Peter Allen (Eng)
    20.00 6 Mervyn King (Eng) - Craig Pullen (NZl)
    20.00 7 Barrie Bates (Wal) - Shaun Greatbatch (Eng)
    20.00 7 Martin Atkins (Eng) - Alan Caves (Eng)
    20.00 8 Gary Robson (Eng) - Mark Walsh (Eng)
    20.00 8 Vincent van der Voort (Ned) - Mark Barilli (Sco)

Second Preliminary Round

Friday 31 August
    Best of 5 sets/5 legs

21.00 final 1 A. Jenkins / Nixon - Hanvidge / Atwood
    21.00 final 2 Burger / A. Smith - Van Gerwen / Grant
    21.00 final 3 Baxter / Duke Sr. - Komula / Ovens
    21.00 final 4 Rosenauer / B. Anderson - Klaasen / Max
    21.00 final 5 Painter / Tichowitsch - Robbe / Spedding
    21.00 final 6 S. West / Allen - King / Pullen
    21.00 final 7 Bates / Greatbatch - Atkins / Caves
    21.00 final 8 Robson / Walsh - Van der Voort / Barilli

As far as I know these rounds will not be covered live on TV but SBS6 will be showing the tournament live from the First Round proper on. Hopefully there will be a live stream on the internet like they did for the last tournament.

The official website for the tournament which includes schedule of play and the First Round Proper Draw can be found here:
    http://www.worlddartstrophy.nl/index.php?s=p_2&p=202

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 nirelandblue

I am looking to this.If it is anything like the IDL we are in for a treat.It was one of the best comps i have seen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Results for the two Preliminary Rounds:
    First Preliminary Round

19.00 1 Andy Jenkins (Eng) - Phill Nixon (Eng) 3-0
    19.00 1 Paul Hanvidge (Sco) - Wayne Atwood (Wal) 0-3
    19.00 2 Dietmar Burger (Aut) - Andy Smith (Eng) 0-3
    19.00 2 Michael van Gerwen (Ned) - Robert Grant (NZl) 3-0
    19.00 3 Ronnie Baxter (Eng) - Steve Duke Sr. (Aus) 3-0
    19.00 3 Jarkko Komula (Fin) - Denis Ovens (Eng) 0-3
    19.00 4 Michael Rosenauer (Ger) - Bob Anderson (Eng) 3-1
    19.00 4 Jelle Klaasen (Ned) - Edwin Max (Ned) 3-1
    20.00 5 Kevin Painter (Eng) - Shane Tichowitsch (Aus) 3-1
    20.00 5 Mario Robbe (Ned) - Gary Spedding (Eng) 3-1
    20.00 6 Steve West (Eng) - Peter Allen (Eng) 3-0
    20.00 6 Mervyn King (Eng) - Craig Pullen (NZl) 3-1
    20.00 7 Barrie Bates (Wal) - Shaun Greatbatch (Eng) Bates withdrawn, walkover
    20.00 7 Martin Atkins (Eng) - Alan Caves (Eng) 3-0
    20.00 8 Gary Robson (Eng) - Mark Walsh (Eng) 3-0
    20.00 8 Vincent van der Voort (Ned) - Mark Barilli (Sco) 3-0

Second Preliminary Round

21.00 final 1 Andy Jenkins - Wayne Atwood 2-3
    21.00 final 2 Andy Smith - Michael van Gerwen 1-3
    21.00 final 3 Ronnie Baxter - Denis Ovens 2-3
    21.00 final 4 Michael Rosenauer - Jelle Klaasen 0-3
    21.00 final 5 Kevin Painter - Mario Robbe 3-0
    21.00 final 6 Steve West - Mervyn King 1-3
    21.00 final 7 Shaun Greatbatch - Martin Atkins 3-2
    21.00 final 8 Gary Robson - Vincent van der Voort 0-3

Good to see all the top players make it through to the main tournament, Ronnie Baxter and Phil Nixon the only big names that didn't make it through. The first round proper starts tomorrow afternoon and should be shown on SBS6. Hopefully there will be a live stream for it.

First Round

Saturday 1 September – Monday 3 September
    Best of 5 sets/5 legs

Saturday 1 September 2007 Afternoon

14.00 1 Gary Anderson (Sco, W1) - Wayne Atwood (Wal)
    15.00 2 John Part (Can, P8) - Niels de Ruiter (Ned)
    16.00 3 Simon Whitlock (Aus, W5) - Wayne Mardle (Eng)

Saturday 1 September 2007 Evening
    20.00 4 Peter Manley (Eng, P4) - Michael van Gerwen (Ned)
    21.00 5 Martin Adams (Eng, W3) - Denis Ovens (Eng)
    22.00 6 Dennis Priestley (Eng, P6) - Mike Veitch (Sco)

Sunday 2 September 2007 Afternoon
    14.00 7 Tony O'Shea (Eng, W7) - Andy Hamilton (Eng)
    15.00 8 Raymond van Barneveld (Ned, P2) - Jelle Klaasen (Ned)
    16.00 9 Mark Webster (Wal, W2) - Kevin Painter (Eng)

Sunday 2 September 2007 Evening
    20.00 10 Adrian Lewis (Eng, P7) - John Walton (Eng)
    21.00 11 Scott Waites (Eng, W6) - James Wade (Eng)
    22.00 12 Colin Lloyd (Eng, P3) - Mervyn King (Eng)

Monday 3 September 2007
    20.00 13 Darryl Fitton (Eng, W4) - Shaun Greatbatch (Eng)
    21.00 14 Terry Jenkins (Eng, P5) - Co Stompé (Ned)
    22.00 15 Remco van Eijden (Ned, W8) - Roland Scholten (Ned)
    23.00 16 Phil Taylor (Eng, P1) - Vincent van der Voort

http://sbs6.crossmediaventures.com/darts8/

here is a link if anyone wants to watch it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

http://sbs6.crossmediaventures.com/darts8/

here is a link if anyone wants to watch it

That link works perfectly but if you want to watch it in a bigger screen then you can do the following.

If you want to make the screen bigger then open the following URL using Windows Media Player. You can then watch it twice the size or full screen.

http://www.garnierstreamingmedia.com/asx/cross04.asp

In Media Player just go to File->Open URL and paste the URL in.

Both Gary Anderson and John Part are through so far today.

That is a good one

Thanks Mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

That should be a great match Anderson v Part. I still think Martin Adams will win. Thanks for the link.

Cant seem to watch this one now as it says i need a license

Cant seem to watch this one now as it says i need a license

Still works fine for me. Are you still having problems? I'll try find a way for you if it's not working.

Ok the reason that the stream isn't working anymore is because you have to download a licence for it to play and you have to live in Holland in order to get the licence. Luckily there is a way around this though so that we can download the licence as well. Just do the following steps:

Open up two Internet Explorer windows

In the first one go to the URL http://sbs6.crossmediaventures.com/darts8/. You will be asked to download a licence when you go to this page. Don't click on download yet, instead go to the second Internet Explorer window and do the following:

Click on internet options

go to........ CONNECTIONS

click on LAN settings

Tick the box by PROXY SERVER then fill in 213.75.36.23 and under port fill in 80

Click on OK to save the settings

Now go back to the first Internet Explorer Window and now click the Download tab. Your licence should now download fine. Once it has downloaded go back to Second Internet Explorer Window and untick the by PROXY SERVER box.

In Media Player just go to File->Open URL and paste in this URL http://www.garnierstreamingmedia.com/asx/cross04.asp

You should now be able to watch the darts. Enjoy :D

Thanks King.I got that sorted out .

Many thanks

• Advertisement

Yesterdays first round results:

Sunday 2 September 2007 Afternoon
    14.00 7 Tony O'Shea (Eng, W7) - Andy Hamilton (Eng) 1-3
    15.00 8 Raymond van Barneveld (Ned, P2) - Jelle Klaasen (Ned) 1-3
    16.00 9 Mark Webster (Wal, W2) - Kevin Painter (Eng) 3-2

Sunday 2 September 2007 Evening

20.00 10 Adrian Lewis (Eng, P7) - John Walton (Eng) 3-0
    21.00 11 Scott Waites (Eng, W6) - James Wade (Eng) 3-2
    22.00 12 Colin Lloyd (Eng, P3) - Mervyn King (Eng) 1-3

The big surprise of the day has to be Klaasen knocking out Barney. I watched the match and Klaasen deserved his win, it was very much like the 2006 embassy final. Klaasen was finishing brilliantly but Barney was slightly off form. Hopefully Klaasen can bring this form to the PDC circuit.

Waites beating Wade was a shock to some but Waites is a very good player and has the ability to go far in tournament, it was the game of the day for me. I expected Tony O' Shea to put up more of a fight against Hamilton but the hammer had too much. Webster and Painter was another good match with the young Welshman winning through. We know what he can do after seeing him in the IDL final. John Walton was disappointing against Lewis. He scored well but just couldn't hit a double. He is struggling the find his old form. Same goes for Colin Lloyd. Maybe he is low on confidence but he is not the same player of two years ago. King looked determined and has a real chance of winning the tournament.

Last of the First Round fixtures tonight:

20.00 13 Darryl Fitton (Eng, W4) - Shaun Greatbatch (Eng)
    21.00 14 Terry Jenkins (Eng, P5) - Co Stompé (Ned)
    22.00 15 Remco van Eijden (Ned, W8) - Roland Scholten (Ned)
    23.00 16 Phil Taylor (Eng, P1) - Vincent van der Voort

Scholten thinks he is playing snooker tonight, he is wearing a waistcoat. Shocking stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Kingp35 wrote:
    Scholten thinks he is playing snooker tonight, he is wearing a waistcoat. Shocking stuff :D

Tis shocking allright but it worked.

"Off topic" KingP35 why does your talk about darts link in your sig lead to the frisbee forum?:eek:

NeoRox wrote:
    "Off topic" KingP35 why does your talk about darts link in your sig lead to the frisbee forum?:eek:

:D Damn I never realised that and it has been my sig for a good while now. I'll change it now. Thanks for pointing it out!

No problem.

Monday Results

Shaun Greatbatch 3-0 Darryl Fitton
    Terry Jenkins 3-2 Co Stompe
    Roland Scholten 3-1 Remco van Eijden
    Phil Taylor 3-1 Vincent van der Voort

Second Round
    Tuesday Evening
    Gary Anderson v John Part
    Simon Whitlock v Peter Manley
    Martin Adams v Dennis Priestley
    Andy Hamilton v Jelle Klaasen

Some good games on Tuesday night with the Anderson-Part match really standing out for me. If Part gets his game together he can give anyone a run for their money so hopefully he will be playing well.

Manley vs Whitlock is 50/50, for Manley it really depends on how consistent his scoring is, his finishing is always there or there abouts.

Adams-Priestley, Im sitting on the fence for this one. dont want to call a winner, but I will. Adams

Hamilton-Klassen, Could be a good game this one, nice to see Klassen hitting a bit of form. Hopefully he can take it out of Holland into PDC events and get up the rankings a bit. Klassen to win by the odd set.

Yeah there are some very good matches on tonight. First up is Anderson and Part which has the potential to be the game of the night for me. Anderson is on terrific form of late and is many people favourite for the Lakeside this year. We know he can win a tournament like this after his victory in the IDL. John Part of course is a terrific player but he does have days where he just doesn't turn up, a lot will depend on whether Part can bring his A game to this. I'm going to go for an Anderson win in this but I would prefer Part to win.

Second game is very hard to call. Whitlock has been in great form on the Australian tour but then again the quality is not too high over there. Peter Manley beat Van Gerwen in the first round so he is obviously on good form but Manley can have days where he plays very poor. If Manley can score well then I think he will take but I'm going to go for Whitlock in this one.

Third up is Adams and Priestley. Most people don't like Dennis because he is so slow but he has always been my favourite player and I would love for him to win this. It's a battle of the old guys and I think it will be very close. Adams is obviously a top player but I'm going to go for Dennis.

Final game seems the Hammer against Klaasen. Klaasen looked quality against Barney in the first round, he scored and finished well and was more consistent than he has been for a while. Hamilton is always consistent so it depends if Klaasen can show the same form as the last match. The Dutch crowd might play a factor here so I'm going to for Klaasen.

Tuesday Results

Gary Anderson 3-1 John Part (3-1, 0-3, 3-1, 3-1)
    Didn't see this match but looking at the scoreline and the averages and scores of the two players its closer than the 3-1 scoreline suggests. Maybe someone who saw it could give some input.

Andy Hamilton 3-0 Jelle Klaasen
    Only seen bits of this one but Hamilton seemed to dominate this one.

Martin Adams 3-1 Dennis Priestley
    Saw this one and it was closer than the scoreline suggests. Good match with opportunities for both players.

Peter Manley 3-2 Simon Whitlock
    This for me was the match of the night with both players playing well. Manleys finishing turned out to be the deciding factor with pressure finishes of 97, 117 and 95 in the final set.

Wednesdays Matches

Mark Webster v Adrian Lewis
    Scott Waites v Mervyn King
    Shaun Greatbatch v Terry Jenkins
    Roland Scholten v Phil Taylor

Mark Webster v Adrian Lewis. This should be an excellent match if both players throw to form. Lewis to win 3-1

Scott Waites v Mervyn King. If King can get his consistent scoring going, I cant see past him, but Waites is recently after breaking into the England team so he is obviously a good player and on form. King to win 3-2

Shaun Greatbatch v Terry Jenkins. Have a feeling Greatbach will win this. (Jenkins will probably win 3-0 (3-0,3-0, 3-1) knowing my predictions)

Roland Scholten v Phil Taylor. Taylor to win, will probably be a tight match as Scholten can play well against Taylor.The crowd could factor in this one. It also depends on the waistcoat and the form of Taylor on the night.

Part missed some vital doubles in his match which made the difference. He outscored Anderson and had doubles to win many of the legs he lost but missed them. Very unlike John Part.

Yeah Hamilton dominated Klaasen from the off, Klaasen hit some great shots but he was back to his inconsistent self and Hamilton's relentless scoring won out. His finishing was quality as well.

Priestley also had chances against Adams, he should have made it 1-1 but missed doubles. He then fought back and had his chances to break in the 4th set but missed again. It was a good match but Priestley will be disappointed.

Whitlock Manley was definitely the game of the night. Both players played very well with Manley really surprising me with how well he scored. I know he is an excellent finisher but he usually doesn't score so well. If he can keep that form up he can go far.

Webster V Lewis: Battle of the young guns. I haven't seen too much of Webster but what I have seen he has been excellent. He is solid on all accounts but I still think Lewis has that little bit extra, it all depends on whether Lewis can find it. Lewis to win 3-2 in a cracker.

Wednesdays Matches:

Waites V King: Waites looked very good in his first round. He scored well but he is coming up against a player who always scores well. King looked mean in his first round win over Lloyd and I think he will have too much for Waites. 3-1

Greatbatch v Jenkins: Can't see past Jenkins in this. He has been on great form all year and nothing I have seen makes me feel that this is going to change. Greatbatch is a solid player but Jenkins has that bit more. Jenkins 3-1

Scholten V Taylor: This one is actually hard to call. The crowd will be on the side of Scholten and he looked good in his first round. If he can score I think he can really challenge Taylor. Scholten always seems to choke though when he gets close to beating Taylor and I think he will just fail again here. Taylor 3-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Wednesdays Results
    Scott Waites 2-3 Mervyn King
    Roland Scholten 1-3 Phil Taylor
    Mark Webster 3-1 Adrian Lewis
    Shaun Greatbatch 1-3 Terry Jenkins

Quarter Finals
    Thursday 6 September

Gary Anderson - Peter Manley
    Martin Adams - Andy Hamilton

Friday 7 September 2007
    Mark Webster - Mervyn King
    Terry Jenkins - Phil Taylor

I am looking to forward to tonights matches.These are going to be top notch i think.Anderson i think will just take this one.He was struggling with his scoring the other night but his finishing was immaculate.Numerous ton plus finishing but Manley very rarely plays bad.

Adams just seems to do enough in his matches.It just seems as if he plays a game according to whom he is playing which is why i think he will beat Hamilton again not by much.I remember watching the final last year and Adams played equally as well as Taylor but Taylor just hit the double first go nearly everytime.

• Advertisement

There were some good matches last night. Waites and Merv was a real battle with Merv's determination just pushing him over the finishing line. Taylor had too much for Scholten, no shame in losing to Taylor. Lewis against Webster was another great game. The future of darts looks bright with these two involved. I thought Lewis might have too much but Webster really is a great player and could easily win this tournament. I didn't get to see last match but as expected Jenkins won through.

Thursdays Matches:

Anderson V Manley: Manly has been playing really well so far this week, his scoring has been very impressive considering Manley is not known for the high scores. Anderson has done just enough so far but I know he has another gear in him if needed. I think this will be close but Anderson's high scoring should be enough to see him through.

Adams V Hamilton: Hamilton has been his consistent self so far this week, very few stray darts and some good finishing. Adams has been good without being great, Priestley had his chances to beat Adams in the last round but missed his doubles. On paper Adams should win but this one is very hard to call. I'll stick my neck out and go for Hamilton.

Anyone who is watching the darts tonight, that proxy that I posted earlier in this thread is not working anymore but I found another one to work. Use this one instead.

62.4.85.203 Port 3128

Come on the Hammer!

Great game so far. Hamilton was 4-1 down and it's now 4-3. The finishing has been brilliant with loads of really high finishes. Don't want this one to end.

4-4 now with Hamilton winning that set against the throw. What a match :D

And Hamilton wins it 5-4. One of the best matches i have seen this year, it had everything. Great scoring, finishing and pure excitement. You have to give it up to Hamilton for the sheer guts and determination he showed to come back from 4-1 down. Adams played some great darts as well some real top class finishes, one set he won by hitting 3 100+ finishes.

Well done both players for a quality match.

The earlier match of the night saw Anderson beat Manley 5-1 without ever really playing his best darts. Manley was poor from the off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Great live streaming alright. Cheers. Didn't need the license here.

Couldnt get to see it King.Maybe i will try harder tonight

Couldnt get to see it King.Maybe i will try harder tonight

Yeah a lot of people were having trouble getting a licence yesterday. Here is a few more you can try if it doesn't work tonight:

62.4.85.203 Port 3128
    194.9.85.141 Port 80
    130.37.198.243 Port 3124
    130.37.198.244 Port 3124

Fridays Matches:

Mark Webster V Mervyn King: This match should an absolute cracker. Both of these players have been on great form and it really could go either way. Merv has the greater experience which might tip the scales in his favour but Webster showed against Lewis that he is a top player. Merv to win 5-4 in a cracker.

Phil Taylor V Terry Jenkins: This again has the makings of a great match. Jenkins finally beat Phil Taylor on the TV last time out at the Matchplay so his confidence has got to be sky high coming into this. Phil has looked decent so far this week and hasn't really been troubled yet but he knows all about Jenkins. I think Jenks will put up a huge fight but Taylor will have too much. Taylor to win 5-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 benfaqwa

my streaming is really bad 2nite. Any one else???

Keeps buffering LOTS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 philschare

only during the first game,
    now it works fine
    philschare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 philschare

that was a great dart evening,
    every game of phil tayler is like a fary-tale,
    you as a viewer always know in every moment of the game
    that the hero will be the winner at the end.

i think king will have no chance against tayler

(do not wonder about the mistakes in my sentences, i´m from austria) :)

I missed both the matches last night because I had to go to a stupid work night out :mad:

The two players I thought would win did, I thought Webster might take King all the way but wasn't to be.

Saturdays Matches:

Gary Anderson V Andy Hamilton: Both of these players have been solid this week without being brilliant. Anderson has the ability to push his average over 100 and if he can do that he will have too much for the Hammer. Hamilton does have some real determination though and never gives up so I expect this to be another close match but I think Anderson will have too much.

Phil Taylor V Mervyn King: This is a mouth watering tie. Both of these players are sheer class. I think most people will be expecting Taylor to win through this but I have a sneaky feeling that Merv can beat him. Merv is another player who has some sheer determination and he won't be worried playing Taylor. I think Merv will win this in a classic.

Saturday Results.

Gary Anderson 6-5 Andy Hamilton

Didn't see this match due to work but by all accounts from the write up on
    planetdarts it was an excellent match.

Phil Taylor 6-2 Mervyn King

For me there was only ever going to be one winner of this match and Taylor proved way to strong for King. King played well, scoring just as heavily as Taylor did but as anyone who plays darts knows its when you hit the big scores in the game that matters and taylor did just that running out a comfortable winner.

Tomorrows match should be an excellent match and as a Taylor fan I obviously want him to win but darts is darts so who knows what will happen.

Final.

Gary Anderson vs. Phil Taylor

For a while Anderson looked dead and buried then it switched and Hamilton couldnt hit anything.It was a cracking match.

I hope Anderson can win it but one thing is for sure it will be tough against Taylor.We all know how good he is.

Lets hope for a great final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 benfaqwa

Isnt Anderson coming to the PDC next year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

benfaqwa wrote:
    Isnt Anderson coming to the PDC next year?
    Official line at the moment is he's happy where he is.

Bu unlike Martin Adams he has decided to miss the World Masters and play in the Grand Slam of Darts in November

Yesterdays game between Hamilton and Anderson was another top class darts match. Hamilton will be kicking himself that he lost because it was his for the taking but you have to give credit to Anderson for coming back back and taking it. It means that we have the final that many people wanted, BDO V PDC, Anderson V Taylor. I didn't get to see the Taylor King match but from the scoreline it seems as if Taylor was comfortable enough.

Tonights Final:

Gary Anderson V Phil Taylor: I think this has the makings of a great game. There is little doubt that Anderson has been the top player in the BDO this year, especially after his victory in the IDL. Taylor has been struggling for form a bit this year but he put in a good performance in the Matchplay and has looked in great form so far this week. A lot depends on whether Anderson can match the scoring of Taylor and of he can get a good start. You can't let Taylor get ahead of you because few players will be able to get back into the game. I'm really looking forward to this, I think it will b close and I hope Anderson can win it but I have a feeling that Phil will be too strong for him.

15 minutes to go :D

Great game so far with some quality darts. Both players are averaging over 100 and that would be even higher if it wasn't for some missed doubles early on.

Anderson leads 4-2 going into the break.

EDIT: Stats at the break:

Taylor ave 106.23 (12x180 12x140+ 13x100+)
    Anderson ave 103.53 (5x180 26x140+ 15x100+)

That is some standard!

Gary Anderson wins the World Darts Trophy with a 7 sets to 3 win over Phil Taylor. Excellent match. Anderson the deserved winner.

What a fantastic standard of darts that match was. Anderson deserved winner and there is no doubt now that Anderson is up there with Taylor and Barney as the best players in the world.

Well done Gary Anderson.

• Advertisement

That was fantastic to watch.Superb final.I cant wait until he comes over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

What a result. Will he win the worlds in january?

The bookies think so.They have cut him from 7/2 to 5/2 fav now

Advertisement