Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullit World Darts Trophy 2007

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 philschare

that was a great dart evening,
    every game of phil tayler is like a fary-tale,
    you as a viewer always know in every moment of the game
    that the hero will be the winner at the end.

i think king will have no chance against tayler

(do not wonder about the mistakes in my sentences, i´m from austria) :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I missed both the matches last night because I had to go to a stupid work night out :mad:

The two players I thought would win did, I thought Webster might take King all the way but wasn't to be.

Saturdays Matches:

Gary Anderson V Andy Hamilton: Both of these players have been solid this week without being brilliant. Anderson has the ability to push his average over 100 and if he can do that he will have too much for the Hammer. Hamilton does have some real determination though and never gives up so I expect this to be another close match but I think Anderson will have too much.

Phil Taylor V Mervyn King: This is a mouth watering tie. Both of these players are sheer class. I think most people will be expecting Taylor to win through this but I have a sneaky feeling that Merv can beat him. Merv is another player who has some sheer determination and he won't be worried playing Taylor. I think Merv will win this in a classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Saturday Results.

Gary Anderson 6-5 Andy Hamilton

Didn't see this match due to work but by all accounts from the write up on
    planetdarts it was an excellent match.

Phil Taylor 6-2 Mervyn King

For me there was only ever going to be one winner of this match and Taylor proved way to strong for King. King played well, scoring just as heavily as Taylor did but as anyone who plays darts knows its when you hit the big scores in the game that matters and taylor did just that running out a comfortable winner.

Tomorrows match should be an excellent match and as a Taylor fan I obviously want him to win but darts is darts so who knows what will happen.

Final.

Gary Anderson vs. Phil Taylor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 nirelandblue

For a while Anderson looked dead and buried then it switched and Hamilton couldnt hit anything.It was a cracking match.

I hope Anderson can win it but one thing is for sure it will be tough against Taylor.We all know how good he is.

Lets hope for a great final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 benfaqwa

Isnt Anderson coming to the PDC next year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭The Rooster

benfaqwa wrote:
    Isnt Anderson coming to the PDC next year?
    Official line at the moment is he's happy where he is.

Bu unlike Martin Adams he has decided to miss the World Masters and play in the Grand Slam of Darts in November

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yesterdays game between Hamilton and Anderson was another top class darts match. Hamilton will be kicking himself that he lost because it was his for the taking but you have to give credit to Anderson for coming back back and taking it. It means that we have the final that many people wanted, BDO V PDC, Anderson V Taylor. I didn't get to see the Taylor King match but from the scoreline it seems as if Taylor was comfortable enough.

Tonights Final:

Gary Anderson V Phil Taylor: I think this has the makings of a great game. There is little doubt that Anderson has been the top player in the BDO this year, especially after his victory in the IDL. Taylor has been struggling for form a bit this year but he put in a good performance in the Matchplay and has looked in great form so far this week. A lot depends on whether Anderson can match the scoring of Taylor and of he can get a good start. You can't let Taylor get ahead of you because few players will be able to get back into the game. I'm really looking forward to this, I think it will b close and I hope Anderson can win it but I have a feeling that Phil will be too strong for him.

15 minutes to go :D

Great game so far with some quality darts. Both players are averaging over 100 and that would be even higher if it wasn't for some missed doubles early on.

Anderson leads 4-2 going into the break.

EDIT: Stats at the break:

Taylor ave 106.23 (12x180 12x140+ 13x100+)
    Anderson ave 103.53 (5x180 26x140+ 15x100+)

That is some standard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Gary Anderson wins the World Darts Trophy with a 7 sets to 3 win over Phil Taylor. Excellent match. Anderson the deserved winner.

What a fantastic standard of darts that match was. Anderson deserved winner and there is no doubt now that Anderson is up there with Taylor and Barney as the best players in the world.

Well done Gary Anderson.

• Advertisement

That was fantastic to watch.Superb final.I cant wait until he comes over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

What a result. Will he win the worlds in january?

The bookies think so.They have cut him from 7/2 to 5/2 fav now

Advertisement