Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orientation Week

Options
  • 30-08-2007 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

The event sort of things for my course do not start to towards the end of the week. Should I go in on Monday 3rd (or wait)? If so, for a general look around or for anything in particular?
    I've gotten on-campus accommodation so I suppose I probably have to go in on Monday. What time would be advised?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

On-Campus accommodation doesnt open till the Tuesday. So even then, if you only move in then, and you say the events dont start for your course till the end of the week, you'll have loads of time to find your way around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

There's nothing really planned on campus until the end of the week so if you want to have a look round campus and kinda figure out where things are before the mayhem begins Monday or Tuesday would be good, otherwise I'd just wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bigstar97

im going up tuesday so i dont look like a twat when the place is full of students and im walking in circles :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Do an IT session for a free USB memory key. Might as well get that out of the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Eh nothing is starting until Wednesday. Thus not really able to do the IT course until then.

UCD will be full of people on Tuesday going mad trying to get stuff organised though, and some first years moving in.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you're living on campus, move in as soon as you can.. get some serious drinking in before college actually starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Eh nothing is starting until Wednesday. Thus not really able to do the IT course until then.

UCD will be full of people on Tuesday going mad trying to get stuff organised though, and some first years moving in.

Nah, they have some stuff on Monday & Tuesday, mainly for Arts student. Big bbq on Tuesday too:yum: IT courses dont start till Wednesday I think, assuming I'm right in counting days in my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Im just going to go in on Tuesday to register for accommodation and for the BBQ (anything for food!)....in between I'm gonna head into the city and do some shopping! Anyone wanna join me!?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Im just going to go in on Tuesday to register for accommodation and for the BBQ (anything for food!)....in between I'm gonna head into the city and do some shopping! Anyone wanna join me!?:D

Pretty much my plan.. great minds eh! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

dont forget about the orientation tent !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

im an orientaion guide and there's stuff organised all week, just join a tour, go play on the trampolines, SOOO much fun, do the IT induction course, get your usb, go to one of the movie things Sci-Fi is running every afternoon, there's plenty to do

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Cool, gotta go into college tomorrow to sort some repeats and whatnot out. It'll be nice to see s**tloads of people around again. Been in a few times over the summer and the place has been dead. I've also gotta get a key for the office (I've got an office this year - that's so cool).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Cool, gotta go into college tomorrow to sort some repeats and whatnot out. It'll be nice to see s**tloads of people around again. Been in a few times over the summer and the place has been dead. I've also gotta get a key for the office (I've got an office this year - that's so cool).

Are you a lecturer or what? That's awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

karmabass wrote:
    Are you a lecturer or what? That's awesome.

Ha, lecturer. Funniest thing I've heard all day. No I'm a third year student. I've got an office, because I'm one of the section editors of the College Tribune. It's sweet, I get free books and film screenings. I'm in my second induction course of the day. It's great, they waffle on for half an hour, while I check my mail, etc. and then I get a 1GB memory stick. I think I'll do this again tomorrow. You can never have too many free memory sticks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Ha, lecturer. Funniest thing I've heard all day. No I'm a third year student. I've got an office, because I'm one of the section editors of the College Tribune. It's sweet, I get free books and film screenings. I'm in my second induction course of the day. It's great, they waffle on for half an hour, while I check my mail, etc. and then I get a 1GB memory stick. I think I'll do this again tomorrow. You can never have too many free memory sticks.
    this much is true!
    I was in kinda semi in charge of the astra hall all day so I've not managed to go get any extra ones yet but I loved being there, turns out I love the power of tellin people where to go and what to do!!!

Ended up chattin to a boardie all day too! Was funny, mid conversation I suddenly thought, you sound like you're from boards, and he looked at me in shock and disbelief!

Hey Mutant Fruit wherever you are!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

You can never have too many free memory sticks.

i agree- I have two of them, don't even go there!:D

Advertisement