Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Newbie !

Options
  • 30-08-2007 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have wanted a tattoo for many a year and have gone into a few tattoo studios only to get cold feet and leave. Now I just have to get one done so I can put it to bed and be done with it.

My question is can you design your own tattoo and bring the artwork to the artist?

What about downloading artwork off the net and editing it. Is this OK?

Finally, is there any recommendations for The Razors Edge in Naas?

I know newbies can be all questions so I really appreciate your patience. ;)

Regards
    Ste.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

yep you can bring your own artwork to tattooist,
    dl´ing a tattoo and editing it depends, how much will you change it. havent heard anything about the place in naas, im sure youl get some feedback from them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Quattroste wrote:
    Hi all,

I have wanted a tattoo for many a year and have gone into a few tattoo studios only to get cold feet and leave. Now I just have to get one done so I can put it to bed and be done with it.
    Well if you keep getting cold feet is it due to doubts about the choice of tattoo or fear of the process, if it's the latter then you shouldn't let it stop you, it will hurt but then it's done.
    If you're unsure of the choice of tattoo then best wait until you are sure as last thing you want is to regret the tattoo and want to try get rid of it.
    Quattroste wrote:
    My question is can you design your own tattoo and bring the artwork to the artist?
    Yup, in fact if I had to guess I'd imagine they get bored doing the flash art from their books.;)
    Quattroste wrote:
    Well I've certainly never heard of anyone being sued for a tattoo they have so I'd imagine it should be fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Its been the choice of tattoo that has kept me away. I have never found what I really wanted as I want a particular piece of art that has real meaning to me.

Definately not the process! No no no. What are you suggesting. A bit of pain would put me off. No way. Nooooo way :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

maybe go in talk to a few artists about what you want, show em some pics and let them see what they can do, most artists will jump at the chance to do something not in the flash books :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Quattroste wrote:

Just wanted to address this one...

I'd say contact the artist and ask them if it is ok... most of them will really flattered that you want their stuff on your body. If there is no mention of artist at all, then work away.

My dragon was designed by someone online, I contacted her and asked about getting it done, and she said yeah great, go ahead, just to promise to show her the end result! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

I was exactly the same as you but decided just to finally do it and got my first one finished last week.

I had a look around various sites and got a few ideas for what I wanted and then got someone to draw out the design for me and it was no problem when I went in to get it done. He made a few small changes with the lines and colours but other than that it was exactly the same as the drawing.

And the pain wasnt as bad as I thought although the second session with the colour in was 2 hours so got a bit uncomfortable but well worth it in the end!!!

Good luck!!

Hi bobbygirl,

Stick a pic up in the "Show you mine..." thread to give us a look! :)

Welcome to the addiction ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

Hi bobbygirl,

Stick a pic up in the "Show you mine..." thread to give us a look! :)

Welcome to the addiction ;)

Will do as soon as the peeling stops :D

And I am addicted !! Thinking about next one already...

And so it begins... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Thanks for the replies. I'll check on the artist bit aswell and will post a pic when i get it done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement