Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building gaming PC from ankermann (for UT3)

Options
  • 30-08-2007 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

Hi,

lads, am based over in brussels, need to get a decent gaming PC for a friend, thats good enough to play Unreal Tournament 3 and www.ankermann-pc.com seems to be the best place..

I would say the limit is about 800 euros, maybe a tiny bit more..

The one I am looking at is under 'gaming pcs', the e6550 + 8800 GTS for 699, maybe changing a few things, e.g. upping the processor to e6750 for 19 euro extra, etc.. would this be a good PC for the money?

Any help or advice appreciated, and I know nothing about the motherboards..

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yep not bad at all. But i would wait around untill the unreal 3 demo comes out on setpember the 25th. As the specs will be released too, I have a feeling a Quad core will be better for this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

thanks, which of the motherboard options would you go for? (the cheaper, the better)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Personaly i would go for the asus commando. The cheaper they are the worse they usually are. Just make sure you get one of the following 4 chipsets.

650i
    680i
    p965
    p35

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Well I would just be getting from the choice available on ankermann-pc.com

from the drop down box when you choose the 699 euro gaming PC..

The gigabyte GA P35 S3

The Abit IP35-E

The MSI P35 NEO-F 7360-010R

theres a good few more but would put us over the limit on what we wanna spend

Advertisement