Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Tickets... grrrr...

• 30-08-2007 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭

Where in the town can you buy those pesky parking disc's I've gotten my third ticket. I wondered into a shop in town that had the parking disc sticker in the window to be told that they don't sell them anymore. when I got back to the car there was the blue soldier printing out the ticket when I tried to plead my case that I had gone to look for the said parking disc. He said it wasn't problem that I should have gotten the disc before I parked.

When I rang the Bishops Palace to find out about appealing the ticket they said that plenty of shops sell the disc's in that locality and more or less backed up what the the blue solider said. When I asked her where they sell discs she said all over the place, yet she couldn't name a specific shop.

so can anyone tell what shops sell them. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Been stuck myself a few times. Why they don't install the parking ticket machines like most other towns is a mystery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭portlairge

http://www.e-tenders.gov.ie/Search/Search_Show.aspx?id=MAY085147

Supply, Installation & Maintenance of Solar On-Street Parking Pay & Display Machines in Waterford City

they are on the way check out the link above and lay off the boys/girls on the street they have a hard enough job to do...how do they know how long you are gone you could be spoofing them"not saying that you are but" you know what i mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Typhoon

jebus thats bad...they still gave ya one !

book centre deffo sell em...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Buy a book, and your grand. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Got my frist parking ticket ever today. Parked in a loading bay for 20mins :P Tho the ticket ID isnt working when I go to pay for it.. o_O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I have the same problem trying to pay for it online

Called them, they said it takes a few days before the system updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

well that's not really good enough when your looking at your second remeinder

Oh. Well I only got mine yesterday, and she said it takes a couple of days as the attendants have to download it to the system and then they gotta upload it.

Call them and point this out;
    051 309978

Id have prefered to pay it straight of now, but it looks like ill have to wait or take a trip into town!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Correct me if I'm wrong. I thought by law you had 10-15 mins to get a ticket after you parked!!

Such a stupid thing to say, "You should have the ticket before you parked!!" You still have to park to get the ticket before you park to put the ticket on the car!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

trishw78 wrote:
    Where in the town can you buy those pesky parking disc's I've gotten my third ticket. I wondered into a shop in town that had the parking disc sticker in the window to be told that they don't sell them anymore. when I got back to the car there was the blue soldier printing out the ticket when I tried to plead my case that I had gone to look for the said parking disc. He said it wasn't problem that I should have gotten the disc before I parked.

When I rang the Bishops Palace to find out about appealing the ticket they said that plenty of shops sell the disc's in that locality and more or less backed up what the the blue solider said. When I asked her where they sell discs she said all over the place, yet she couldn't name a specific shop.

so can anyone tell what shops sell them. Thanks

There's a garage on William Street - opposite the people's park - they sell them there. and in the pub on the corner - The Three Ships

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭JMcL

portlairge wrote:
    http://www.e-tenders.gov.ie/Search/Search_Show.aspx?id=MAY085147

Supply, Installation & Maintenance of Solar On-Street Parking Pay & Display Machines in Waterford City

About time. Hopefully allowing you to park in slices of less than 1 hour (though what's the bets the price per hour goes through the roof)
    portlairge wrote:
    they are on the way check out the link above and lay off the boys/girls on the street they have a hard enough job to do...how do they know how long you are gone you could be spoofing them"not saying that you are but" you know what i mean.

All well and good, but their system is broken. It's a PITA having to haul around a bunch of shops trying to find one that actually sells the discs in the first place, especially if you've parked in someplace you're not used to. At the very least they should have a list of shops selling the discs on or beside the signs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

They're hoping to have the parking metres working in October. This was discussed on wlr recently. If you're going to park for 10 or 20 mins you don't have to pay the full hour just a portion.

I think they were saying it will be €1.50 per full hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Are these new ticket machines completely replacing the discs? If they are, I hope they don't try to replace the current arrangement at Millers Marsh again (2 discs for the day, or equivalent in these tickets). Last time they tried that, the place was almost empty every day as the workers who park there couldn't use it any more with the 2 or 3 hour limit.

Still no update on their site, so the girl took my details (including Credit Card) and will do it herself when the wardens download the data.

Advertisement