Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chillow pillow?

Options
  • 30-08-2007 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭

anyone got one of these?

are they any use and where could i buy one? amazon won't ship it to ireland :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

anyone?

would really like to buy one as my pillow is always roasting at night but would like to hear how good it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Ah just go for it, they're only 25 quid. Then you can come back and tell US whats its like :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Yes, tell us if they are any good. Mine is down and with the warm So Cal weather, it's not the best.

but the thing is i can't find anywhere that look decent that will ship to ireland. :(

*Edit* just after typing that i find somewhere that's willing to sell to ireland http://www.soothsoft.co.uk/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Guaranteed cold side of the pillow every morning. I like the sounds of this.

• Advertisement

finally had a few nights sleep on this and i can safely say, best invention ever.

after a long sleep on it the temp of the pillow only slightly reaches normal pillow temperature.

if anyone out there buys one i would suggest putting the pillow into a pillow case as it can be quite cold by itself.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Cremo wrote:
    finally had a few nights sleep on this and i can safely say, best invention ever.

after a long sleep on it the temp of the pillow only slightly reaches normal pillow temperature.

if anyone out there buys one i would suggest putting the pillow into a pillow case as it can be quite cold by itself.

Cremo, I am actually very tempted to purchase one of these. I absolutely despise pillows at room temperature, it just irritates me. Thanks for your feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Cremo wrote:

I bought one also, I'll have to get used to sleeping on it, they are very cold, like sleeping on mint if that makes any sense. I'll try the extra pillow case idea. The only thing I don't like is how it moves around the pillow.

Hey guys. How does it stay cold? Do you have to put it in the fridge or something like that?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

<science bit> water has a very high specific heat capacity and can absorb a lot of heat before changing temperature. the gel in the cushion is water based and thus can also absorb lots of heat before changing temperature. there's a certain amount of movement of heat through the gel to get an even temperature distribution and this heat can be lost at other sides of the pillow away from your head. </science bit>

my friend has one and it's awesome to drape over your head while sitting around.

• Advertisement

i'd say it'd be great for an old hangover too, since i haven't been out since i've started using it, i don't know.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

and headaches in general

Advertisement