Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

S3 or A5 1.8T or TT 2.0T

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Yeah, it's essentially an A3, but it's easier to justify spending the money on an Audi than a VW. I mean the Audi brand holds a lot cachet, whereas spending big money on a VW doesn't really match the brand. Don't want to sound snobby, just my opinion.
    TBH all actually paying the extra cash is for the badge. I don't want to make you sick, but Skoda are audis technically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

MarkN wrote:
    It's a very short shift box, I'm not sure if the DSG box was able for the car - can't think of any other reason not to do it.

QUOTE]

S Tronic will be available in the facelifted S3 from the end of next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

RedorDead wrote:
    MarkN wrote:
    It's a very short shift box, I'm not sure if the DSG box was able for the car - can't think of any other reason not to do it.

QUOTE]

S Tronic will be available in the facelifted S3 from the end of next year.

ANOTHER face life for the A3?! :eek: Mad..

Re Plug's Skoda comment!

I was in a Seat dealer last week and the Leon has the same indicator stalk as my car :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 apple_danish

[QUOTE
    ANOTHER face life for the A3?! :eek: Mad..
    [/QUOTE]

Jeez, I wonder what's that going to do for resale values? I mean if I buy a S3 in Jan I'd imagine it would be difficult to sell the following year with the facelifted and S tronic version about :(

Anybody know how severe the A3 facelift will be???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

Apple - throw up a post on audi-sport.net if you want to find out more about a facelift.

Obviously Audi gave the A3 the new standard Audi nose in 2005 but the A3 MKII has been around since 2003, I would need to be a bit more convinced that the S3 is getting a facelift so late into the models life after getting a drastic one only two years ago.

I wouldn't worry about auto being available in the S3 either, there will be enough people looking for a manual in a hot hatch but again, it seems weird to only bring it in so late into the S3's life (if we're talking late 2008).

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

as mark says, check audi-sport.

there are no plans for an A3 facelift that I have heard about. a whole new model is due 2009/10 and the cab will be a preview of how the new model will look.

There is absolutely no way they are going to facelift the current model with a whole new one so close imo.

Advertisement