Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bought an Elite yesterday - Virgin the best value!

• 30-08-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭

If anybody is in the market for an Elite - Virgin Megastore have the best value I could find after buying one yesterday.

It's the last shop I look in when shopping for anything as they always seem to be way overpriced so good thing I chanced my arm yesterday as they had the Elite for 440 euro with 2 games bundled in - I got Crackdown and Gears of War (GoW wasn't offered in the the bundle but they had run out of two of the other games and the manager kindly let me pick any game to replace it).

It was a good 20 euro cheaper than everywhere else - plus you get 2 games instead of one.

Game

Console only = 460
    Console + 1 game = 480 IIRC
    Console + 2 games = around 500 IIRC

They are taking trade-ins of old XBoxs though.

Smyths Toys

Console + 1 Game = 460

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Gamestop in Galway have the elite with Gears of War for 460. I also got Bioshock. Coming from the wii (which I hardly play lately) the visuals are absolutely stunning. Screenshots and PC clips don't do it justice.

The only bummer is the disc drive sounds like a little dirt devil hoover.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Got the Elite in Smyths for 460 plus a free game (chose Blue Dragon, which is suprisingly good) and 2 x 5 euro vouchers. The game was 70 normally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

gamestop had the beszt deal. you could get the elite with blue dragon and any other game for 450. dont know it thats still goin though.

game have it for 460 with a free game too. which can be one of 4 but bioshock is the best choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Actually is the Elite as noisy as the 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭wba88

@Sidane: Which Virgin ran out of the other 2games and which games?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Sidane

It was the Virgin in Blanchardstown - Blue Dragon and Tomb Raider: Legend were out of stock. The other bundle games on offer didn't look any good.

The guy I was dealing with was clearly the on duty manager so another employee may not have had the authority to let me pick another game. Pick your customer representative carefully and be nice to them :)

The Virgin deal is still cheaper than Gamestop by 10 euro but having the choice of any second game is probably worth the extra few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Actually is the Elite as noisy as the 360?

I don't find it as noisy as the normal one

Anyway, I think the deal I got was good

Elite
    Extra Wireless Controller
    Blue Dragon
    + Any Game Of Your Choice
    €100 Worth Of Vouchers

for €500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Sidane wrote:
    They are taking trade-ins of old XBoxs though.

Any idea what the trade in is for an old xbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Very little I'd say. Probably best to try and sell it privately through adverts or buy and sell etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Antamojo wrote:
    I don't find it as noisy as the normal one

Anyway, I think the deal I got was good

Elite
    Extra Wireless Controller
    Blue Dragon
    + Any Game Of Your Choice
    €100 Worth Of Vouchers

for €500

Where was this deal, Antamojo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ibood are doing the console on it's own for €400 + delivery if anybody's interested. Probably won't last too long.

http://www.ibood.com/site/eu/ibood.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I'll wait a few months I think until Microsoft sort out the overheating issue and probably buy a premium when they will come fitted with HDMI as standard! (have a self modded premium already so will survive)

Snake ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Where was this deal, Antamojo?

Gamestop on Henry St

bucks73 wrote:
    Any idea what the trade in is for an old xbox?

Can't remember exactly, think it was at least 200 for an XBox Premium.

400 for a PS3 hehe :)

Give Game a ring and ask them.

Just got Halo 2 in the post this morning (off Ebay). Time to start warming up for Halo 3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

who paid ya the 400 euro , was it game?? Is that store credit or cash

It's a trade in for an XBox Elite.

I didn't trade in a PS3 - I just remember seeing Game with a trade-in offer for xBox Core, XBox premium and PS3.

I *think* the PS3 trade in was around the 400 mark.

AFAIK all Game stores are running this offer.

Advertisement