Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new course Business & Management!

• 30-08-2007 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

well i got accepted to this new course and just wanted to see if many people on boards will be doing it aswell! anyone hav info on it, like how many hours a week it is and how many people will be doing it?

also would like to know, when i finish the course do i get BA after my name!? like can i go around "hi my name is Shane Barry BA"!?:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

http://www.maths.may.ie/staff/dredmond/timetable/

Check yourself, although like it says it doesn't show Tutorials..etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Shaner-B

Holsten wrote:
    http://www.maths.may.ie/staff/dredmond/timetable/

Check yourself, although like it says it doesn't show Tutorials..etc

thanks, was a big help! but do you understand what the codes are with the lecture type!? eg: Man/Bus MN101 AX1. i just dont get what the MN101 is!?:confused: and how long are the lectures? i've been told 50mins

thanks a mil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Hey Shaner i'm doing it as well.Can't wait to start, seems like its a great course.Anyways as far as i'm aware theres 16 hours a week in the course, although of course thats just lectures and stuff.Also we have every Friday off and no lectures before 10!Which is awesome!

Anyways I'm pretty sure its a BSC, not a BA...however that doesn't mean that you can say ''hi my name is Shane Barry BSC'', that only works if you've a PHD.....and even then you'd just say you're Dr. Shane Barry, not Shane Barry BSC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

When you have a degree you are entitled to put it in your name. ie on business cards or company headings, etc. Since ~I got mine I haven't ever used it once. I'll be upgrading to an MSc in a year so maybe I'll use it then :D

yeah timetable looks pretty good, allows for the morning hangovers! oh ok wats does BSc stand for then!? how awful is that, i dont even know what type of degree i'll be getting!!:)

orientation and registration days for us are the 18th n 19th yeah??

• Advertisement

BSC is a bachelor of science, and i'm fairly certain thats what our course will give us.And yes our registration starts at 9.30 on the 18th, which is grand although i'd prefer it if it started on the 19th instead (i'm not given the key to my apartment till the 17th, so i'll have to spend the day before I start moving crap into it).Ah well.

And yes the late starts do allow for hangovers, and they also allow for long lie-ins everyday!Hell I probably won't get up till 9.45 on most mornings, giving me 10 minutes to shower and get dressed and then 5 minutes to get to class!See i've got it all planned out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭qwertyface

i'm not doing this course, but I'm going to find Shane Barry now and make him my friend.

qwertyface wrote:
    i'm not doing this course, but I'm going to find Shane Barry now and make him my friend.

hmmm...ok at least now i'll know who d guy following me is!!!:D

Hmmm.Clearly our course isn't very popular.....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭qwertyface

Shaner-B wrote:
    hmmm...ok at least now i'll know who d guy following me is!!!:D

excuse me mr barry, but i am a laydee. It's the shifty girl following you that you have to be watching out for...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ringleader

Lectures are five to the hour til five past.
    If you have a double, some lecturers might give you a break in between, though it depends.

Man/Bus MN101 AX1 Means:

Man/Bus - Management and/in Business or something similar. The topic for the lecture/module that's part of your course.

MN101 - the course/module code so you have no excuse in taking the wrong exams by saying the written title of the course is similar to something else. It's just handier for the college, and when they're writing out what modules you passed.
    101 means 'first year, module 01'. These change to MN204, etc, when you pass from year to year and module to module.

AX1 probably means something like the room your lecture is in (all coded as well, both there and the map to avoid confusion). This is probably the Aula Maxima, or Annexe 1. More than likely Annexe 1, but its not large enough for first year lectures. You'll be in bigger rooms since there's more people in the general part of the first year of a course.

Enjoy!
    Don't forget, they just dump timetables in major buildings on the first day so beware the 9am lecture that is always missed, or you can print them off the web (minus your tutorial/practical hours).

qwertyface wrote:
    excuse me mr barry, but i am a laydee. It's the shifty girl following you that you have to be watching out for...

oh ok qwertyface, im slightly less freaked out now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

Shaner-B wrote: »
    oh ok qwertyface, im slightly less freaked out now!!!

i'm thinkin of doin this next year myself. so how are uz gettin on with it then? many people doin the course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ShanerB2nd

conbob wrote: »
    i'm thinkin of doin this next year myself. so how are uz gettin on with it then? many people doin the course?

second semester is a bit tougher but its grand really. about 50 people i think doing the course

Advertisement