Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World War Hulk - is it worth getting?

Options
  • 30-08-2007 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Howdy all,

Firstly let me say that i haven't read a comic in a few years but i found some info by pure fluke about a new series out called world war hulk. has anyone here read it (in fairness, i haven't run a search) and if they have, would they reccomend it? would it be necessary for me to read the preceding comics too for continuity? Also, while i think of it, has anyone read the series rising stars? i know the same guy that wrote babylon 5 wrote this and i loved B5 :D

Thanks in advance
    Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Get Planet Hulk first, as it will help explain why the giant cabbage is so mad this time.

Planet Hulk is available in one book now and is a good read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

You know what, I love it just cause its exactly what a hulk comic should be. Hulk Smashing. Id wait for the trade though, pick up planet hulk first though or you will be lost as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The World War Hulk comics themselves are pretty cool alright but skip the tie-in's as so far they have been rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

I've quite enjoyed the hero for hire tie in. Plus it gave us all that tentecle crap.

Planet hulk is an enjoyable read and WWH has delivered the hulk pounding folks as it promised.
    Really looking forward to reading the punishser tie in.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

It's a smashing read...sorry.

But yes it's great smackdown stuff and has so far delivered in spades. Tie-ins are not too bad either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

bombidol wrote:
    You know what, I love it just cause its exactly what a hulk comic should be. Hulk Smashing. Id wait for the trade though, pick up planet hulk first though or you will be lost as hell.

I'd disagree with you there. the first few pages of WWH issue 1 do a great recap of what went previously. It's a pretty good cliff notes version.

It's a comic you can just pick up and get in to BUT it will spoil Planet Hulk a wee bit if you intend to read that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Yeah but Planet Hulk was the first actually relevant Hulk story in years and Pak sad this is a trilogy. PH being #1 and WWH being #2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

I'm digging it so far. Does pretty much whats expected. Just avoid WWH X-Men. leaves a sour taste.

Advertisement