Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Crichton's Next

Options
  • 30-08-2007 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

</rant begin>

Just finished this. Whats loada baloney. Im no scientist, but even I could see the science in it was dodgy. This usually isnt a problem for me, but the book starts with "This book is fiction, except for what isnt fiction in it"... dum dum dum. I mean there is a parrot with near human intelligence, and monkey who looks like a monkey, until you shave him, then he looks like a little boy ??? etc. etc.

And I'm starting to get a bit annoyed by Micheal Crichton. First off I think he is trying to make a couple of million by writing the next Da Vinci Code(cause that's what we need like). He last two books have been fiction, but reference real world controversies. "State of Fear" book claimed Global Warming was mostly hyped up, and this book goes against the current gene patenting trend.

Worse tho, there was a reporter who was very critical of Crichton's stance against global warming. Crichton wrote him in this book as a child molester. He changed his name from Michael to Mick, but had all the same credentials. That is, in my opinion, is too much. I loved Jurassic Park (even before it was made into a movie), but this is it for me reading Michael Crichton. </rant over>

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Aw crap. I like Michael Crichton as easy reader stuff.

Thought "Prey" was rubbish, "State of Fear" okay, but quite liked "Airframe".

Where does this one stand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Its all right. This was is a little too much of an easy read. You will fly trough it, it seems to be just a collection of stories about genetic engineering, the plot is fairly week. Not the best read

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Thanks. Will still probably read it at some stage, but just not expect too much.

*sets brain to low*

Advertisement