Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

macker

Options
  • 30-08-2007 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

does any 1 no if theres much mackeral in north wexford
    around courtown and that area??????
    thanks for any help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Don't know about Courtown, but mackerel were being caught down at Hook Head last weekend. I hope to catch some down there this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

And as a follow up .....

Mackerel were being caught at Hook Head on Saturday afternoon.

As I was down for the weekend I went down to Slade harbour intending to spend an hour or so fishing and after 15 mins had caught a few mackerel (enough for Sunday lunch).

As I was walking back towards Slade harbour I had a great view of the shoreline and I could see where the water was boiling with sprat. As they moved up and down the shore the anglers were hauling the mackerel in.

Hope it's still like that next weekend. I intend going back for more. Fresh mackerel; yum, you just can't beat that.

Advertisement