Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help

Options
  • 30-08-2007 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

ok so i got a pocket pc for my bday and i want to get the internet when im im college (carlow) ill be in the town which would be the best to get that didnt need a phone line that i could have in the house or whatever for around 20-40 a month?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

full stops would be a great help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pixie19

wow you're so helpful!! I wonder where the mods are....

I try to be helpful, but when I have to read a post three times to figure out the meaning because you're too lazy to use a full stop or a paragraph, then why should I waste my time?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Clash wrote:
    I try to be helpful, but when I have to read a post three times to figure out the meaning because you're too lazy to use a full stop or a paragraph, then why should I waste my time?

I agree totally - its bad enough that some people on here appear to want boards 'servants' to answer questions that even the most rudimentary search on boards or a visit to the isp's website would answer - but when a person can't bothered to write in plain English......

Any chance of starting a campaign to have posts written in textese or without capitals and punctuation automatically deleted?:rolleyes:

I know some of the forums have it in their rules that there's to be no textspeak or missing punctuation.

I think it went something like this: "There's a full keyboard with all the characters in front of you, so you've no excuse not to use them"

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I get fed up with trying to read this stuff where not even the slightest attempt has been made to make it readable or comprehensible.

But it's as you say, they want information without having to work for it.

• Advertisement

pixie19 wrote:
    wow you're so helpful!! I wonder where the mods are....

I see you found the full stop key, the apostrophe and the exclamation mark. Added to the previous us of the question mark, you've just increased your punctuation by 300%

Well done. :rolleyes:

Shame about the capitals though :)

Advertisement