Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Chaos A.D. - bad mix?

• 30-08-2007 6:59pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭

so i was listenin to this album today pretty loud on a good set of speakers. great album. However for the first time ever i felt that the mix was pretty poor. Some of the tracks raise and lower during varying parts of songs but it sounds like some 8 year is messin with the volume knobs!

Anyone else feel this about the album?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Overall a good album till it was stolen from me, they started to go down hill after arise which I think was their best work beneath the remains a close 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Never had a problem with this album, Sepulturas best IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Gintonious wrote:
    Never had a problem with this album, Sepulturas best IMO.

True story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

So you where never a true sepultra fan then. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Hal1 wrote:
    So you where never a true sepultra fan then. :p
    Screw you old man.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

whats a true sepultura fan??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

questioning what a true sepultura fan is will result in an arugment I'd say.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

hal1, whats a true sepultura fan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

The opposite of a false one?

Tis a good album, good mix, nothing wrong with it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

faceman wrote:
    Some of the tracks raise and lower during varying parts of songs but it sounds like some 8 year is messin with the volume knobs!
    Can you point out some specific tracks or parts of tracks? Purely for research purposes I'll then force myself to listen to them and see if I can hear the volume variations.

• Advertisement

malice_ wrote:
    Can you point out some specific tracks or parts of tracks? Purely for research purposes I'll then force myself to listen to them and see if I can hear the volume variations.

propaganda- it stands out most noticeably i reckon. (altho its the most recent song i listened to from it)

faceman wrote:
    propaganda- it stands out most noticeably i reckon. (altho its the most recent song i listened to from it)
    Hmm, I've just listened to Propaganda nice and loud on headphones and I couldn't hear anything wrong with the volume at any point.

odd, i will pick out the points it goes wobbly and PM you

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Was it the CD or a digital rip (MP3/WMA etc)? If it was ripped badly that might account for the discrepencies.

I listened to it as an MP3. If it's any help, here's the MPEG info from Winamp:
    Size: 4269581 bytes
    Header found at: 0 bytes
    Length: 213 seconds
    MPEG 1.0 layer 3
    160kbit, 8179 frames
    44100Hz Stereo
    CRCs: No
    Copyrighted: No
    Original: No
    Emphasis: None

sorry guys i havent had a chance to listen to me music since posting but i will do later. it an aac file if that makes a difference.

Advertisement