Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

building a new comp

Options
  • 30-08-2007 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi all I'm looking to build a new comp for the first time and was hoping someone could spec me a decent one as i don't know all that much about it.

I have a budget of about €800 . I don't need a monitor or hd.It will mostly be used for gaming or i would like to at least. As far as the processor goes I'd preferably go for an intel but that's only because i hear they are the better chips around at the moment and i wouldn't be completely against overclocking if that needs to be taken into consideration

Any help is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

quick spec would be

Memory: 2GB 6400 (OCZ Corsair)
    Graphics: 8800GTS 320 (any company)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-S3
    PSU: 600Watt should do (OCZ Corsair)
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750

Ive come up to €775 with all that(dont have time to make a shopping list in work now....)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

dazftw wrote:
    quick spec would be

Memory: 2GB 6400 (OCZ Corsair)
    Graphics: 8800GTS 320 (any company)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-S3
    PSU: 600Watt should do (OCZ Corsair)
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750

Ive come up to €775 with all that(dont have time to make a shopping list in work now....)

What's wrong with AMD? Should be cheaper and definitely better :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 blaze2881

Cheers for the help

Concerning the graphics card i know its within my budget but no need to go overboard if I won't be using it .I'll only be using a 19 inch monitor.Would an x1950 pro 512mb for the games around at the moment and for a decent time to come or would i have to stick with 8800.

or is the x1950 a decent card at all?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

blaze2881 wrote:
    Cheers for the help

Concerning the graphics card i know its within my budget but no need to go overboard if I won't be using it .I'll only be using a 19 inch monitor.Would an x1950 pro 512mb for the games around at the moment and for a decent time to come or would i have to stick with 8800.

or is the x1950 a decent card at all?

Thanks in advance

I really couldn't tell ya! Im a Nvidia man myself so I dont even read up on other cards!

but if its in your budget I dont think you can go wrong!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

yep a 1950pro will be fine for the screen you have. a 8800 would just be wasted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 blaze2881

ok so these are the components I'm going to go with pretty much what dazftw speced me just to make sure everything is ok

from hardwareversand:
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Box 4096Kb, LGA775, 64bit, Conroe

Graphics :MSI RX1950PRO-T2D512, 512MB, AGP

RAM:2048MB DDR2 Corsair TwinX XMS2 CL 5, PC6400/800
    From komplett:
    PSU:OCZ StealthXStream Powersupply ATX/EPS, 600W, 120mm Fan, 4/8pin CPU, 20/24pin

Mobo:Gigabyte GA-P35-S3, P35, Socket-775, ATX, GbLAN, DDR2, ICH9, PCI-Ex16

Case:XION II SILVER w/blue led, Steel Chassis X-Factor Metallic Design (Without PSU)

Whatever about the case I'm open to suggestions hope the rest is ok

Thanks again for the help

Advertisement